A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,379
Currently Running With Scissors:
522 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Environmental impact  (Read 3444 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kot
« on: August 07, 2008 01:31:49 AM »

Well, I try to decrease it as much as possible. Even doing my shopping. I already use the cotton shopping bags I made, but to buy fruits and veggies I always took the plastics they offer in the supermarkets.

Few days ago I saw the pictures of wild animals imprisoned with this type of bags and I thought that I can't continue like that. So I made my own, cotton, transparent ones, with a reinforced part, to put the etiquette.

The guy in the supermarket were surprised a little bit, but he accepted my explanations and didn't make any problems.

I highly recommend to copy my idea Smiley No, I'm joking, but it was really terrible to see that animals...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kingfrancebald
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008 01:40:51 AM »

Wonderful Idea! I thought I'd inevitably have to use those plastic ones for fruits, etc. I hope to try this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
virsaq07
It's nice to be IMPORTANT but it's MORE important to be NICE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008 01:47:29 AM »

I loovvveee the idea.... Shocked and such a cute bags you made.. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you feel small and worthless, do something great - Help Someone in Need
visit me @
http://virsaq.etsy.com
http://indyacrafts.etsy.com
http://chez-vies.blogspot.com
keeperrox
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008 01:53:02 AM »

Love the bags!  Are you not just using them for fruits and veggies though?  The sticker that's on the top one looks like what I'd get at the deli counter.  Do you just plan to wash them after each trip to the store?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katcal

Callie the Reindeer!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008 02:13:22 AM »

Great idea - i use the cotton ones for my shopping and was wondering how to get round the fruit and veg bit! May just have to copy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gearwe
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008 02:16:51 AM »

This is an amazing, amazing idea!!! I am so going to copy this...! Great eco thinking here - you know you might even think of patenting this...
You're my new eco hero  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FlowerWitch
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008 02:17:37 AM »

You are an inspiration to us all, i too have seen those horiffic pics. the bags are beautiful and life saving, if only i could sew!! lol  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists ~ http://www.wists.com/flowerwitch

I am collecting pendants of ANYTHING that people make and think eh? and dont want!
fishfacewannabe
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008 03:04:54 AM »

this is such a wonderful idea!!!! i definitely plan on taking you up on your offer and making some of my own!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myklia
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008 03:40:19 AM »

I totally wish I could sew, so I could copy your idea.  I have been trying to rid myself of unneccessary plastic and have been trying to think of ways to rid myself of the need to use those plastic bags for fruits and vegetables.  The only thing I can think of is I knit, so I may just load up my produce without bags and at checkout put them in my Saturday Market Bag.

The bags look great and it is a fantastic idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008 05:24:42 AM »

Those are great! 
I made myself a few from tulle a while back and they have held up very well.  I used the tulle with a medium-sized hole, if that makes any sense.  Basically, I pulled on several weights of tulle until I decided that one felt sturdier than others.  I get compliments everywhere I go.  I've given a couple away at supermarkets, but I think I need to make up a bunch more and sell them while I'm out.   Smiley  Actually, I've thought of making a bunch and giving them away when I'm out.  They're cheap to make and I'd feel that maybe I made someone skip the plastic for a day...  Maybe all we craftsters should vow to do that-- make a few fruit/veggie bags and share!  I didn't mean to hijack your post, but I was excited to see that more people are using these bags!   Smiley  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Get "Sombre" and Balayage Hair
The Best Hair Treatments You Can Buy or DIY
The Monday Makeover - Textured Knot Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - Masculine Chignon Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - New Evening Bob Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...