A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Homemade Carnival Game  (Read 9237 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TrentSketch
« on: August 06, 2008 05:44:16 PM »

Basically, I taught music, drama, and dance at a local summer camp this year. Their carnival was two days ago, and I was told the day before that I needed to come up with some kind of booth activity for the campers to visit whenever they wanted.

This is the result:

Bottom View - clearer picture of the board

Top View - what the player sees

Video - the game in action

This is a 40x60 1/8" black foam core sheet, three dowels sprayed blue, about 120 neon golf tees, green popsicle sticks, and some green paint to show them where to start. Each player had three tries to roll a ball (red, blue, orange, or yellow) down the board and get it into the green popsicle stick scoring zones. Winners received a fun foam animal sticker that magically held up when they all ran to the waterslide afterwards.

Since it was just golf tees going into the foam core, I could move and adjust the pegs throughout the day depending on who was coming.  I made it nearly impossible for the pre-K and kindergarten students to miss, but much more challenging for the 4th and 5th graders to score. Everyone could play until they won, depending on the time available for the group.

It was a huge hit and the line only died down for the snack break halfway through the day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSleepyKnitter
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008 06:39:32 PM »

Wow, brilliant last-minute plan! Looks like a lot of fun for the little guys. Thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adopting second "special needs" international baby, wanting cloth diapers to help cut expenses, will ===SWAP for cloth diapers===.
lee-lee ess.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008 07:08:55 PM »

That's pretty awesome.  It reminds me of Plinko, which was the most -awesome- game on The Price is Right!  It's no wonder the kids enjoyed it!  I may be working a booth at a little local carnival type thing in my hometown, and this looks like it would be the perfect game.  Very cool Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaymadben
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008 08:21:55 PM »

That's pretty awesome.  It reminds me of Plinko, which was the most -awesome- game on The Price is Right!  It's no wonder the kids enjoyed it!  I may be working a booth at a little local carnival type thing in my hometown, and this looks like it would be the perfect game.  Very cool Smiley

I said the same thing...Look! Homemade plinko game! Only I you didn't tell the kids "Bob, you are going to play Plinko for a chance to win 25 THOOUUUUUUSAND DOLLARS!!" Must've been a lot of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Quick Updo Tutorial, for a Formal Event
Top 5 Ways to Add Shine to Your Hair
The Difference Between a $100 and $1,000 Haircut
How to Do a Halo Braid on Short Hair
Low Ponytails at the Dennis Basso Spring 2014 Show
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...