A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,885
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Disposable camera swap 5 Swap Gallery  (Read 6635 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008 08:55:27 PM »

I have been completely scatterbrained lately and realized that I never added the pictures from TS Fay to your USB drive, goldfishpollywog.  Cry Also, there is a second picture in the frame.  I couldn't decided which to frame so I included both. 
I'm on dial up here so I'll try to get to my sister's house tomorrow or Wednesday so I can post pics.  One of these days, I'm going to splurge and get wireless at home...  Roll Eyes

I have I couple that I forgot to upload too, not that they would have fit. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
tasket.basket
Darn . . . It was my turn to bring the Bundt cake.

The internet is made of people.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008 09:25:02 PM »

I love the pics imafundork sent!  I love the flowers and plants, and OMG dolphin!  The rain pics are cool too!  Great pics!

I have received a lovely package from elvissatx!  Here is a pic of the whole package:

Frames, a beautiful card, two CDs (photo and video, in the same case), and candy that lights up!

She made two beautiful sparkly amazing vinyl photo frames!  I love them so much!  The colors, the texture, the sparkle, everything!  And they hang on the diagonal (the frame, not the photo).  How cool is that?  Here's a pic of just the frames:

And here are some thumbnails: Another view of the frames, a close up of the detail on the frames, and the beautiful card:

And on to the pics!

El Vez, the Mexican Elvis

Denver International Airport

Uncommon Objects on South Congress

Lucy in Disguise with Diamonds

It was hard to pic just a few to post here, but I did post a lot of them in the photobucket album.  Go there to see fun cupcake themed pics, pics from a plane, the skyline of Austin, and just what it will set you back to get your deer processedWink  And lots of other cool stuff too!

Elvissatx, thank you so much for the wonderful package.  I love it all so much!  This swap has been so much fun!

(Oh, and if you're curious, the prints going in the frames are this and this. Wink )

ETA: Here are some thumbnails of the frames in use.  I put them above the bed where previously we had a depressing plain wall!  (DH's funny comment was that he's glad he's welcome . . . Wink )  And a thumbnail of the pattern on the (store-bought) duvet cover so you can see how well the colors work in this room!

They are so sparkly and shiny that I feel I am not capturing the frames very well, but IRL they look fantastic!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008 01:07:18 PM by tasket.basket - Reason: my sense of humor, let me show you it. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's really only one question that can be answered . . . and we already know the answer. . . .  -- Ursula K. LeGuin, The Left Hand of Darkness

my blog
my wists
elvissatx
Bad Girl Upset By The Truth

Ruby, my smart fortwo cabriolet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008 04:31:36 AM »

Hooray!

I'm so glad you liked everything!

I'm working on uploading all of your great pictures so I can show everyone exactly what a super package you put together!

Oh, this has been such fun!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cool!  I made the Best of 2009 twice!   Check 'em out! 

Yo-Yo Dress of Doom http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299010.0

Smart Santa Hat http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330595.0
Imagine
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008 06:24:15 AM »

Woah! I just realize I never posted in the gallery and never got notices for the replies! Oops! Now it's all grown up and I had to catch up!  Tongue

All the frames are awesome! I especially like the mosaic one! It's very original! All the pictures are beautiful too! It's fun to see all the different places even though it wasn't from our partner!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tasket.basket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008 01:09:46 PM »

Hooray!

I'm so glad you liked everything!

I'm working on uploading all of your great pictures so I can show everyone exactly what a super package you put together!

Oh, this has been such fun!!!

Yay!  I and do love everything!  I added some thumbnails to the end of my post above so you can see the frames in action!

It's fun to see all the different places even though it wasn't from our partner!  Grin

I have really enjoyed this aspect of this swap as well.  So many places, and we get to see everyone's unique vision of where they are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's really only one question that can be answered . . . and we already know the answer. . . .  -- Ursula K. LeGuin, The Left Hand of Darkness

my blog
my wists
elvissatx

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008 03:09:04 PM »

Those frames look great in your room!  I'm thinking that I may have to make some for myself too-- they were embarrassingly easy.

And without further ado, here's my booty from tasket.basket.  I'm so totally spoiled!!!

She took pictures in California, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Charlottesville, VA (home of my alma mater.  I'm sure that's why she visited.   Wink)  And even better, she got brochures from every place she took pictures and sent them all to me in a nice little dossier.

The frame is gorgeous and so thoughtful-- it's totally made to match my bedroom decor.  Have a look at the bedroom here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=141872.msg1395500#msg1395500 so you can see what a great job she did. 

And here are some of my favorite photos that tasket.basket took.  All millionty six that she took are uploaded to the group album so you can see all of her gorgeous images.

At Mount Vernon.  I love the shadows in this one. 

This looks like it should be in a magazine:

This is at the Baltimore Aquarium.  But mostly, I just love neon and *especially* blue neon.

And one last one, from out in her neck of the woods.  This totally looks like my kinda place!

What a super-fun swap.  Thanks, tasket.basket for being a great partner (seriously, next time I'm in your part of the country, expect a visit) and thanks, PlumCrafty for being a super-de-duper organizer.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008 03:13:00 PM »

oooo those are some awesome pics!!! I love the chairs! *runs off to look in photobucket*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008 06:47:19 AM »

*ugh*

Mount Vernon and pictures of the Potomac were photos I wanted to get and I didnt get a chance to make it out there..I do LOVE the chairs..the view from there is amazing..it doesnt make you feel like you are in a metro area..and it will remain unobstructed since the land across the river is privately owned and she doesnt want development there..how great huh..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
elvissatx

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2008 07:17:30 AM »

I actually grew up in Alexandria, and haven't been back in 5 years or so, so it was wonderful to see some of the old home turf.  I'd forgotten how beautiful some of it is.  I love the Mall, especially late at night when it's fairly empty and you can walk through the Viet Nam memorial and then over and have a nice talk with Honest Abe. 

I'm going to be home in September for a few days and may have to do that one night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tasket.basket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008 08:33:22 AM »

Yay!  I am so glad you like everything!  About the dossier (heehee, I love that word), I am so glad you like it.  I love context, and I figured you would, too.  But I felt like a little girl when I was decorating the cover with markers, hahaha!  (So I think it's cool that you have given the folder such a grown-up name! Wink )

The frame is totally to match!  I'm glad it does IRL.  Though I have to admit I was a little confused, and I thought that was your living room.  (Too much looking at the pictures, not enough reading, duh!)  Still, I'm glad it goes with!

And I'm so glad you like the neon!  You sent moving-camera neon as well, so you know how it works already, but I have never done that with the camera before.  And the first one happened quite by accident.  One of my "assistants" (DS) bumped me while I was taking pics of the wave neon at the aquarium and, ooooh!  Such fun!  (He took the last green one himself!)

seriously, next time I'm in your part of the country, expect a visit

Oh, yay!  You are sooo invited!  (And I know you travel -- I'm serious about this!)  Cheesy

And thank you bsonlytoots and smittenheart!  I'm so glad you like the pics!  That shot of the chairs was while waiting to go back into the house on the tour.  (You wait on the veranda while waiting for the group ahead to clear out of one of the rooms.)  So it was just chance, but I'm really glad I shot it!

And smittenheart, I love the shots you got of DC!  Such a thorough photo-study of a really amazing area!  And that is great news, about the land!  It is so beautiful there!

Elvissatx, I totally did not know that you were from Alexandria!  (Or the Charlottesville part!)  We decided to go down to Virginia just a couple of days before our trip to the East Coast (which was primarily to visit in Pennsylvania).  It was totally not in the original plan!  The trip you have planned sounds lovely!

This has been an amazing swap!  Thank you for being such an awesome partner, and thank you so much PlumCrafty for making this swap happen!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008 08:38:05 AM by tasket.basket - Reason: spelling, a little obsessive maybe ;) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Deborah Meyler: What Are You Reading?
Colleen Hoover: The Most Wonderfully Unexpected Bestselling Author
Abbi Glines Reveals Her Favorite Characters
Jamie McGuire Gives Aspiring Authors Advice
10 Questions for Elizabeth Gilbert
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...