A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what to do with yearbooks?  (Read 1289 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

evandra

no no no anything but crafting

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2004 01:43:26 PM »

I have several yearbooks -- from middle school and high school -- that I am really, really SICK of lugging around from apartment to apartment.  But I don't quite want to give them all up -- I think if they went away I'd regret it when I'm 50 or whatever.  Does anyone have any good ideas for how to put them to some kind of good use?  I'm not attached to the bindings, etc., just parts of the insides -- photos, messages, all that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
divasteph

The crafty diva is on the loose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004 01:48:56 PM »

you could decopauge a headboard for your guestroom - or something --- don't ask - where that idea came from - just the first thing that popped out --- i was thinking with the page where you are pictured, any club pictures, and signings from your book - i think it would be neat for your guests to read when they stay at your house as well as for your kids (future kids) to see and you get a piece of funtional art - plus you should scan your fave pages and put them on the internet - i am sure others could benefit from your memories that went to your school - your school may even have an alumni section on the website and you could upload them there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004 10:24:35 AM »

Scan some of the messages and pictures, print them on fabric and make yourself a dress or jacket.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
SilverBamboo

"Don't dream it... Be It."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004 04:21:00 PM »

You could alter your yearbook covers; here's a nice idea:

(Oops, you have to copy/paste the link, it won't highlight the whole thing, for some reason... Sorry.)

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_paper_crafts_books/article/0,,HGTV_3288_2315929,00.html

...or if you're really not attached to the interior of any given book, you could alter the whole thing, glue blank pages on top of old pages (take a few out as you do this, so the thickness doesn't become overwhelming) and use it as a journal/scrapbook. I've just started altering books, playing around, and I warn you: it's addictive!

Oh, and here's a good thread for making a journal:

http://www.craftster.org/yabbse/index.php?board=18;action=display;threadid=1395;start=0#msg18469

Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004 04:25:50 PM by silverBamboo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make something beautiful.
cardsforcaring

Volunteering through cardmaking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004 06:28:37 PM »

I enjoy scrapbooking....whe n I did my scrapbooks from my teen years, I copied the photos and the good signatures and messages and put those parts in the scrapbook.

I do still have my yearbooks, but if I ever lost them, I'd have the real meaningful stuff in the scrapbooks.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kim
Cards for Caring
www.cardsforcaring. org
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004 06:33:04 PM »

I know that my yearbooks always had a zillion pages of sports and other grades photos and clubs I didn't care about...  I think I'd really only care about 1/4 of the book at most.

if you feel that way, maybe you could just rip out the pages you care about and then get them bound at kinko's or the like.  you could probably even convince them to bind the covers along w/ it (I know I have lots of sigs on the covers of mine).  that way you'd still have everything you care about, but it would be a whole lot less to lug around.

but then, I did got to this wierd school compound thing where both high schools kind of intermingled and everyone went to both...  so our yearbooks were for almost 6,000 kids and over and inch thick...  so you might not have as much that you don't care about.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Britney Spears Inspired Hair and Make Up Tutorial
Carrie Underwood Inspired Hair and Makeup Tutorial
How to Create a Hair Side Braid with Ribbon
Tinkerbell Fairy Hair and Makeup Tutorial
Learn About Toxic Beauty Ingredient Sodium Laureth Sulfate
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...