A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,062
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Homemade paper in printer?  (Read 346 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jesterette
« on: January 02, 2009 04:53:34 PM »

Would I be able to print stuff on homemade paper? I think my printer is an inkjet one; it's HP and, um...I got it at walmart? Lol.

But like...to print something the paper is basically sorta rolled around a cylinder type thing, right? (sorry if I'm not explaining myself clearly/totally wrong) not sure about this, because it's too dark down there to look at my printer innards, but it's what I'm guessing.

Anyway, if it does need to be sorta rolled that way, I'm afraid it might bend...it's about the thickness of watercolour paper; maybe a lil thinner (at least, the paper I made before was that thick. What I'm hoping to make might be a bit thicker than that)

See, I have to do this restaurant logo project type thing, annnd we have to make a menu, and I wanted to use homemade paper cause it has a cool texture. I could probably find cool-texture paper at the craft store or something, buuut...
D: I want to make my own.

Plus, it's cheaper if I do. x3

So, yeah (excuse the rambling), printer + homemade paper = ?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewHelpMe
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009 07:58:56 AM »

Not sure if this really helps:

I bought some handmade paper from Hobby Lobby, and ran it through my inkjet printer, BUT...  it's a very flat paper with rose petals embedded in it (also, it's a little thinner than watercolor paper).  I have other handmade papers that are entirely too "bumpy" to run through the printer (I'm afraid they'll get jammed). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jesterette
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009 08:48:31 AM »

hrrmmm...
I tried watercolour paper in my printer, just to see what would happen. It sorta gurgled at me and I got scared and yanked it out. x3

I decided to put like, paper mulch on a piece of bigger-than-usual paper, and that could be printed on...I didn't put a lot on though; it was mostly for colour 'cause the mulch was sorta pinkish. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Taking Advantage of Type Styles in Photoshop CS6
How to Draw Minions from Despicable Me 2
How to Draw Misa Amane from Death Note
How to Draw Milla Jovovich from Resident Evil
How to Draw Flame Princess from Adventure Time
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...