A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,776
Currently Running With Scissors:
404 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: green Lego earrings!  (Read 2875 times)
Tags for this thread: lego  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cherry_queen
« on: August 06, 2008 08:21:00 AM »

okay. so i love playing with fire and the only way to poke a hole in a Lego (if you, like me, don't have authorization to operate power tools) is to put a safety pin in a flame and stab through the lego... so this project was really quite fun, though the smell of burning/melting Legos is not pleasant. anyway, with out further ado (or rambling) here they are! my green Lego earrings. i love them already. oh yea and i wouldn't mind posting some directions if you want to know how i managed this.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
italianchildhood

Ti canteremo noi cipressi i cori...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008 08:26:33 AM »

They're excellent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://YouCraft.org ... free crafts classifieds
... with lots of cute things listed
jorylin
Don't complain...create!

There's no place like Craftster!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008 08:33:11 AM »

So cute! I saw some Lego jewelry in one of those girly-trendy-jewelry stores in the mall yesterday. I am inspired! I've just asked my son to pass me on some unwanted Legos! You could even add on to these as needed being that they ARE building blocks! I think I will make a bracelet!
Love this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never underestimate the inevitability of gradualness!
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008 10:10:58 AM »

Super cool! Great idea! **runs off to raid the kids lego bins**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkricepudding

Just breathe it in.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008 12:19:32 PM »

Directions please!! Cheesy

I was in Claire's last Friday (while waiting for the clock to strike 10 so I could head over to Books a Million) and they had a lot of lego type bracelets and necklaces in their "geek chic" section. I love the idea of making my own though.

And yours came out simply adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trisha2010
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008 12:38:11 PM »

Those are great i love lego jewlery, I am terrified ill burn myself just putting a cookie sheet in the oven so to put holes through my legos I just use my craft knife and spin it like a screw driver it works perfectly Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherry_queen
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008 03:20:26 PM »

thank you everyone for your positive feedback.  Grin

as asked for here's some directions. hope they make enough sense!! lol ...

1.) okay. so you'll need some things. shown below is everything i used. super glue or some other glue that sticks to slick surfaces would probably work just fine if you don't have jewelery glue handy. you'll also need Legos, but those aren't pictured b/c i thought that was pretty obvious. i say a few safety pins b/c the ones i had got melted and bent funny after i used them once or twice and it usually takes a couple of stabs to get the hole in the Lego right.

2.) i don't have a picture for this next step, but it's fairly straightforward. open the safety pin and bend it out a little. stick it in the fire (i don't recommend using a candle, it makes the hole black and sooty) until it gets nice and hot. stab it through the Lego until you hit the bottom of the little tube thing that connects various Legos if you are actually using them properly. do this a couple of times until the hole is large enough to stick the headpin inside.

3.) put the headpin into the hole you made and shove some glue in various places so it won't fall out as shown below. there's no real method to this, just put glue wherever you think necessary.

4.) i don't have a picture for this step either b/c it's so easy. snip the head pin with your wire cutters so you have just enough to make a loop. use your needle nose pliers to bend it into a circle and (you don't have to do this, but i did) use the crimper thingy to make the loop more round.

5.) open up an earring hook, put your Lego on it, close it up, repeat for second dangle and voila! you have Lego earrings.
 Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cajun Gumbo
How to Cook Easy Cajun Cornbread
How to Make And Use Cajun Seasoning
How to Make the Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese
Fried Jambalaya: The New Heart Attack on a Stick
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...