A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft shops in Torino  (Read 1741 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2008 04:34:38 AM »

Hey all! If everything goes as planned, I'm going to Torino at the end of October. Got any good craft shops to suggest? I'm interested in anything but fashion fabrics Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Dashynia
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013 08:06:12 AM »

Hey there!
I know this post is a bit old... but I'm going to turin as well Smiley
And would love to know about any crafty places

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013 10:44:10 AM »

Hello! When I was there my boyfriend unfortunately got the flu, so we didn't get around a lot. But from what I remember there was a yarn shop somewhere on the small pedestrian streets between Piazza San Carlo and Piazza della Republica - which I didn't quite manage to visit, because I never managed to tune in to their opening hours (and it never said on the doors, you're just supposed to know what times a shop is open). But more importantly, there was an amazing little toy/figurine shop among those streets as well, that sold beautiful little things. The shop itself was tiny, but the elderly gentleman who ran the place showed us the downstairs area of things that were not on display as well - a right treasure chest of little victorian-dressed fairies and hot air balloon figures.

And I remember that, even though I'm european myself and quite used to such places, you got a lot of attitude from the staff in any type of proper restaurant. I don't mean they just weren't being polite - they'd ignore what you said if they thought you ordered the wrong thing. (I don't drink alcohol, so I ordered a coca-cola at one place - they gave me a slightly nasty look and served me wine. OH WELL.) The lunch diners, where the staff was younger, and the little kiosk-sized ice cream shops and cafs with vendors of any age, were really pleasant though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Dashynia
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014 02:48:21 AM »

Thank you Melladh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Khaki Glitter Eye Makeup
How to Rock Graphic Eye Shadow
Winter Beauty Survival Guide
How to Fix Peeling Nails
Beauty Guide: 5 Minute Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...