A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Building a wedding dress. Need help finding fabric!  (Read 1872 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Toast.
« on: August 05, 2008 06:47:37 PM »

Hey ladies (and guys?)
I'm getting married in Decemeber (yay!) but I'm having trouble finding fabric for my dress (boo!).
I won't divulge tooo much info about the actual dress, just in case Abraham some how finds this site (he insists it will be a surprise) but I'm looking for plain (unpatterned, and mostly untextured) chocolate brown fabrics, probably like velvets or shot silks. and fine tulle/ netting in the same colour.
Any ideas of places? I'm guessing I'll have to do a road trip to Auckland cause Whakatane fabric stores just ain't cutting it, and would appreciate any ideas of where to look, or suggestions of things to ask for!
thank youuuuuu. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elowezil
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008 10:57:00 PM »

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.  How exciting!  The best place for fabric in Auckland (price and selection) is undoubtedly Designer Textiles, which is a factory outlet type of warehouse in Otara, only a minute or 2 off the Southern Motorway and easy to find.  For a good selection but much pricier, is Centrepoint Fabrics in Newmarket (was there today with my future DIL looking at fabric for her and bridesmaids - Jan. 31 wedding). 
I was given the Designer Textiles info when I did the NZ swap a few months ago with Amy.  Thanks Amy for the heads up!  Wonderful place and the staff are so helpful.  Put aside a good few hours for browsing if you get there though ...!
Good luck.
P.S.  There's a place in Tauranga called Bronwyns Fabrics (I think) which I hear is good too, but may be pricey.  (A friend who lives there told me about it.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brookem
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012 04:47:11 AM »

Hey, I second the recommendation of Centrepoint Fabrics in New Market, and I would also like to suggest Global Fabrics (it's off Symonds St, not too far from Centrepoint) they stock a wide range of dress fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZED'S DEAD BABY
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pitfalls when Buying Diamond
What are Diamond Certificates
Understanding the Diamond Carat Size
Understanding the Diamond Color
Understanding the Diamond Clarity
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...