A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 315,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baked Chickpeas - one of the easiest and tastiest snacks!  (Read 1881 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarahbug
Personal Swaps anyone? Message me!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 05, 2008 05:01:54 PM »

This is my first time posting.. newbie.. so go easy on me  Smiley  I am a big fan of finding little recipes that are good for "on the go" or for packing to take to work, etc. And this is a GREAT one.. for those of you who like chickpeas. Here's the recipe:

-1 can chickpeas (drained, rinsed, dried)
-Seasoning of your choice - I love the curry powder blend by Dean and Deluca, but any spice that you prefer works. Play around with it and you will come up with some quirky combos  Cool
- a drizzle of olive oil (I usually don't add this b/c it makes the chickpeas a little less crispy.. you will just have to test it out and see what you prefer)

1. - drain, rinse and dry the chickpeas. Place on foil covered baking sheet and cover with seasoning of your choice. Be sure to spread the chickpeas evenly for even baking.
2. - bake at 450 for 35-45 minutes or broil. After about 20 minutes of baking give the chickpeas a shake on the baking sheet to ensure even coating and even baking. You will be able to tell when to take them out.. do not overbake! The chickpeas should turn a golden brown.
3.- Remove from oven.. cool for 3-5 minutes and enjoy! You can store them in tinfoil or a tin container (plastic causes them to go soggy) Such a great cheap, healthy and easy snack -the best kind! Enjoy!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/shop/slfloyd31 - My etsy shop where you'll find a mish-mash of funky cute vintage pieces & handmade lovelies by ME (:

http://wists.com/sarahbug31 - My Wist-aroo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I luvvv personal swaps!  - message me!
LeesaLove
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008 10:20:38 AM »

i love baked chick peas!!

I like chineese 5 spice on them    or garlic powder & lots of lime juice
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DZ Designs

Above the Clouds, there is not a cloud in the sky.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008 11:22:36 AM »

The ultimate!

Wasabi powder and soy sauce!

All the flavor without the raw fish!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
sarahbug

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008 11:59:29 AM »

Ohhh your lime juice and garlic powder combo sounds AWESOME! I will have to try that out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/shop/slfloyd31 - My etsy shop where you'll find a mish-mash of funky cute vintage pieces & handmade lovelies by ME (:

Pinky Yarn
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008 07:12:49 PM »

These are amazing, I put nutritional yeast on mine, or garlic and salt, or cumin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay finally done moving!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'." - Ronald Reagan
sarahbug

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008 07:34:27 PM »

These are amazing, I put nutritional yeast on mine, or garlic and salt, or cumin.

What is nutritional yeast exactly? I just know a bit about it b/c my mom has used it in the past, but don't have much background info. on it.  Isn't it a supplement almost that vegans and the like use.. and even as a condiment sometimes? Does it have much flavor? You spiked my curiosity!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeesaLove
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008 02:23:28 PM »

What is nutritional yeast exactly? ... Isn't it a supplement almost that vegans and the like use.. and even as a condiment sometimes? Does it have much flavor?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutritional_yeast     Very high in B vitamins, also a source of protin, low in sodum & fat.
It tasty kinda lime cheese, I like it on Popcorn, sometimes on steamed rice, or if i make a bit of taco meat to mix with baggies I put that on.... I'm not vegan or veg, but I try to limit my meat a bit, trying to eat more fruit & veg. More "whole foods". 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeesaLove
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008 02:27:14 PM »

Ohhh your lime juice and garlic powder combo sounds AWESOME! I will have to try that out!

I LOVE Love love LIME! I tried some using real lime. http://www.truelemon.com/cooking.html   UUMM tasty!! I love doing them with lime juice  but I think using a bit of juice hten lots of the true lime gave more limy flavor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sinAcosB
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008 07:00:46 PM »

I just made these using only garlic powder, salt, and pepper as seasonings because it was all I had on hand.  Still so good!  Thanks for the recipe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
robb01
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008 07:08:07 AM »

sounds yummy, im going to try that soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Learn How To Cook Duck Fat Fried Rice!
How to Make Thai Butternut Soup
How to Make Thai Sweet Rice with Mango
Wonton Shrimp That Is As Easy To Make As It Is Delicious
Singapore Kitchen: How to Make Fish Head Curry
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...