A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baked Chickpeas - one of the easiest and tastiest snacks!  (Read 1563 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarahbug
Personal Swaps anyone? Message me!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 05, 2008 05:01:54 PM »

This is my first time posting.. newbie.. so go easy on me  Smiley  I am a big fan of finding little recipes that are good for "on the go" or for packing to take to work, etc. And this is a GREAT one.. for those of you who like chickpeas. Here's the recipe:

-1 can chickpeas (drained, rinsed, dried)
-Seasoning of your choice - I love the curry powder blend by Dean and Deluca, but any spice that you prefer works. Play around with it and you will come up with some quirky combos  Cool
- a drizzle of olive oil (I usually don't add this b/c it makes the chickpeas a little less crispy.. you will just have to test it out and see what you prefer)

1. - drain, rinse and dry the chickpeas. Place on foil covered baking sheet and cover with seasoning of your choice. Be sure to spread the chickpeas evenly for even baking.
2. - bake at 450 for 35-45 minutes or broil. After about 20 minutes of baking give the chickpeas a shake on the baking sheet to ensure even coating and even baking. You will be able to tell when to take them out.. do not overbake! The chickpeas should turn a golden brown.
3.- Remove from oven.. cool for 3-5 minutes and enjoy! You can store them in tinfoil or a tin container (plastic causes them to go soggy) Such a great cheap, healthy and easy snack -the best kind! Enjoy!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/shop/slfloyd31 - My etsy shop where you'll find a mish-mash of funky cute vintage pieces & handmade lovelies by ME (:

http://wists.com/sarahbug31 - My Wist-aroo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I luvvv personal swaps!  - message me!
LeesaLove
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008 10:20:38 AM »

i love baked chick peas!!

I like chineese 5 spice on them    or garlic powder & lots of lime juice
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DZ Designs

Above the Clouds, there is not a cloud in the sky.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008 11:22:36 AM »

The ultimate!

Wasabi powder and soy sauce!

All the flavor without the raw fish!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
sarahbug

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008 11:59:29 AM »

Ohhh your lime juice and garlic powder combo sounds AWESOME! I will have to try that out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/shop/slfloyd31 - My etsy shop where you'll find a mish-mash of funky cute vintage pieces & handmade lovelies by ME (:

Pinky Yarn
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008 07:12:49 PM »

These are amazing, I put nutritional yeast on mine, or garlic and salt, or cumin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay finally done moving!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'." - Ronald Reagan
sarahbug

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008 07:34:27 PM »

These are amazing, I put nutritional yeast on mine, or garlic and salt, or cumin.

What is nutritional yeast exactly? I just know a bit about it b/c my mom has used it in the past, but don't have much background info. on it.  Isn't it a supplement almost that vegans and the like use.. and even as a condiment sometimes? Does it have much flavor? You spiked my curiosity!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeesaLove
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008 02:23:28 PM »

What is nutritional yeast exactly? ... Isn't it a supplement almost that vegans and the like use.. and even as a condiment sometimes? Does it have much flavor?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutritional_yeast     Very high in B vitamins, also a source of protin, low in sodum & fat.
It tasty kinda lime cheese, I like it on Popcorn, sometimes on steamed rice, or if i make a bit of taco meat to mix with baggies I put that on.... I'm not vegan or veg, but I try to limit my meat a bit, trying to eat more fruit & veg. More "whole foods". 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeesaLove
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008 02:27:14 PM »

Ohhh your lime juice and garlic powder combo sounds AWESOME! I will have to try that out!

I LOVE Love love LIME! I tried some using real lime. http://www.truelemon.com/cooking.html   UUMM tasty!! I love doing them with lime juice  but I think using a bit of juice hten lots of the true lime gave more limy flavor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sinAcosB
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008 07:00:46 PM »

I just made these using only garlic powder, salt, and pepper as seasonings because it was all I had on hand.  Still so good!  Thanks for the recipe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
robb01
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008 07:08:07 AM »

sounds yummy, im going to try that soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
From the Vogue Closet - The Perfect Fall Cardigan
Jeanius - Grace Fuller on the Perfect Jeans
Vintage Bowles - Discovering Vintage Yves Saint Laurent in NYC
Evelyn Lozada on Celebrity Shoe Trends
First Chance to Shop Isabel Marant for H&M
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...