Wow, I didn't expect to get so many replies. So sorry that I didn't check back more often to see if anyone had questions.Vinyl:
The fabric wouldn't move easily so I had to pull it along in order to sew anything at all. Vinyl is very sticky so we had to put paper underneath it to keep it from sticking to the machine to make it easier to move but we still had to pull the fabric through the machine.The straps:
We sewed two pieces of vinyl together with the wrong side out in order to turn it inside out. This was the hardest part to do, it took forever
to figure out how to make it easier to pull through because of the stickyness of the vinyl. We just attached string to one end and pulled it through but it took almost 2 hours and my fingers were extremely sore afterwards. My mom held the string and pulled it while I had to hold onto the part being pulled in order to make sure it didn't bunch up, if that makes sense. To make it easier, use some sort of liquid and pour it in to make the vinyl slide easier.The zipper:
I think we sewed the zipper first since it was the easiest part. We cut out four pieces of vinyl and two went on each side to make sure the top part was stiff enough that the purse wouldn't cave in.The order of sewing:
We just did the entire purse in pieces and then attached each piece at the end. The first step was sewing the zipper/top. Then we sewed the front and back and I attached vinyl to the back of the fur to make the purse more solid. Then I think we sewed the straps and turned them inside out and after the straps were finished we attached them to the front and back. Then we had to sew the fur panels on the side onto the zipper/top. After that we sewed the bottom which is just two pieces of vinyl. Then we created the piping ourselves. At this stage you should have several pieces: the piping, the top (the zipper and fur sides sewed together), the front, the back, and the bottom. Then we attached the top and bottom together to make it into one piece. Lastly we sewed the front and back onto the long connected piece with the piping... and that's the most difficult part. There's not a really easy way to explain how we did the last stage. We ran into a problem where one of the fur panels was a lot longer on one side because the fabric shifted while we sewed on it. So we had to take apart the fur panel and the top and fix it then continue sewing the piping on. It's a very tricky process and it will take all of your patience sewing all this together!Tips:
We actually put plastic inside the bottom and on the fur panels on the side in order to keep the purse standing upright and to keep the bottom from bending. There's was no need for plastic on the front and back though because the straps were very thick so they kept the purse upright. The purse will look very silly if it's all flimsy so if you're going to attempt this make sure you put sturdy materials inside the purse.The inside:
After the purse was done, we didn't bother making the inside pretty. It's all rough edges but I don't really care since no one will see it except me.
As for where I live in Texas, I live in Plano
This long description was probably very confusing but I hoped it helped anyone who had questions. I don't think I left anything vital out... but if anyone has any more questions I'll try my best to answer them.