A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The All Things OZ Swap-CLOSED  (Read 14586 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008 11:26:40 AM »

OOOO. So I'm avoiding the swap board after a binge I just had the past few months and I saw this.....I don't know if I can resist.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
amybarnett
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008 11:57:24 AM »

One little swap won't hurt!! And the send out isnt until sept 29 so you can craft at your own leisure. c'mon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008 03:21:12 PM »

Oh-my-gawsh! I cannot tell you how EXCITED I am about this swap! I love, love, love "The Wizard of Oz" movie! (With a name like Dorothy it was a natural-draw!) I just sent in my info and hope I can be a part of this. I, too, told myself I was going to take a swap break, but I simply can't resist! I'm just finishing up a swap (I sent, mine should be here any day), and my partner from that one is the one who told me about this swap.

Thank you for organizing this, I can't wait to see all the Ozzy goodness everyone will be making!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whyme81687
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008 05:09:07 PM »

No problem! I'm so glad everyone's so excited. Hopefully this will be an awesome swap annnd I think yoyowa should stop resisting and just join!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008 06:13:49 PM »

I want to start crafting right now...OH MY I have some great ideas for this swap...OH and WTF really the wiz OMG if I ever had to sit through that again I would kill myself HATED IT...I think I hate anything that is not the movie or a play really....I am soooo spoiled to my real love...

Some where over the rainbow.... How can you not just love Judy's voice and the whole movie but to want to alter it should be a crime in my opp....

Follow the yello brick road..Follow Follow Follow Follow follow the yellow brick road.....If I only had a Brain.....I can go all night LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
dawt

I know, huh?

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008 09:40:34 PM »

Woo-hoo! I'm in! babalina58, you are cracking me up!  Cheesy  I don't blame you, I feel the same way, don't mess with the movie, it's great so why fix something that doesn't need fixin'. I hope Hollywood never does a remake of it, and if they do I doubt it'll even come close to the original. But there are so many other Oz books that can made into movies, THAT I wouldn't mind seeing.

I belong to an on-line Oz group (for about 4 or 5 years now) and most of us feel that way about either the movie or the books. I'm a huge fan of the movie and have never read any of the books (I think I got about half-way through the first one), and then there are those who are purists when it comes to the books. I went to the 2007 Winkie Convention in Asilomar (on the Monterey Peninsula, California) and they are book people through and through. Although there were some interesting lectures, some good company and really great food, I don't believe I'd go back again because I sort of felt out of my element. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice conference, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

But when I went to the 2007 Wizard of Oz Convention in Valparaiso, Indiana (formerly held in Chesterton), I felt very much at home with that bunch and haven't laughed as much since! Besides, I got to meet a lot of members of our EO (Everything Oz) group that I had been friends with for several years and I wouldn't trade that for anything. They made sure I met the Munchkins from the movie that were in attendance and a few other Oz celebs, it was so exciting! I know this will sound silly to some people, but I was awed to be in the presence of the Munchkins. I actually spoke with them and hugged and kissed them! Man, it was so surreal to meet people who had been a part of such a significant movie, almost overwhelming. They're the sweetest people, ever, and genuinely love Oz and appreciate their fans.

Sorry for rambling, I just get so excited when I talk about Oz!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

whyme81687
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008 05:44:47 AM »

But when I went to the 2007 Wizard of Oz Convention in Valparaiso, Indiana (formerly held in Chesterton), I felt very much at home with that bunch and haven't laughed as much since! Besides, I got to meet a lot of members of our EO (Everything Oz) group that I had been friends with for several years and I wouldn't trade that for anything. They made sure I met the Munchkins from the movie that were in attendance and a few other Oz celebs, it was so exciting! I know this will sound silly to some people, but I was awed to be in the presence of the Munchkins. I actually spoke with them and hugged and kissed them! Man, it was so surreal to meet people who had been a part of such a significant movie, almost overwhelming. They're the sweetest people, ever, and genuinely love Oz and appreciate their fans.

Sorry for rambling, I just get so excited when I talk about Oz!

That is so awesome color me green with envy! I've always had a place in my heart for the wizard of oz but it's only recently that i've really become obsessed. I do believe Wicked is what caused my obsession. I love Wicked the musical (even if i haven't seen it) the book, and The wizard of Oz sooo much. I recently saw the Wizard of OZ on stage. Def. not as good as the movie but still so much fun. And I agree with not liking all the variations I like the first one the best all the time. And I hope Hollywood never tries to remake it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
dawt

I know, huh?

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008 09:19:44 AM »

That is so awesome color me green with envy! I've always had a place in my heart for the wizard of oz but it's only recently that i've really become obsessed. I do believe Wicked is what caused my obsession. I love Wicked the musical (even if i haven't seen it) the book, and The wizard of Oz sooo much.

That's one of THE best things that's come out of "Wicked," a resurgence or rediscovery of Oz for a lot of fans. It just goes to show us that sometimes new Oz IS a good thing.

I'd love to see the "Wicked" the musical because I hear it's fabulous. When we were in Hollywood to see the Munchkins get their star on the Walk of Fame, we were right there where it was playing. My husband and I hadn't planned for it so we didn't even try. Besides, when I see it I want to be up-close and personal and tickets have to be had early for that, so I'm not as bummed about not seeing it then as I could have been. I hear there may be a movie in the making...not the same as live, but still!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

whyme81687
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008 09:36:08 AM »

I'd love to see the "Wicked" the musical because I hear it's fabulous. When we were in Hollywood to see the Munchkins get their star on the Walk of Fame, we were right there where it was playing. My husband and I hadn't planned for it so we didn't even try. Besides, when I see it I want to be up-close and personal and tickets have to be had early for that, so I'm not as bummed about not seeing it then as I could have been. I hear there may be a movie in the making...not the same as live, but still!

The movie is just a rumour that was started by hopeful wicked fans, nothing's official. But i know what you mean about wicked tickets. They're a nightmare to get. I wanted to go to NYC on my 21st birthday in a week and see Wicked with my family. I started looking in April and there were tickets (i prefer mezzanine to orchestra seating so that's what i'd wanted it's cheaper and i feel like the view is better) and then in May when I was ready to buy them it was sold out. I'm thinking i may have to buy tickets now for next year...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jeannebaby1

I'm cute and fluffy!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008 12:49:34 PM »

I love Wicked, saw it twice with my bestest friend in the whole world. It was just amazing.......ticke ts are pricey but well worth every penny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No body move!! I dropped my brain.
"Chase the morning..."-Blind Mag
"Fire bad, tree pretty."-Buffy

My Esty Shop.....
http://www.twosumowrestlers.etsy.com

My blog, I don't do much with. It's new.
http://between-asleep-and-awake.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Ply Yarn
How to Weave Tartan Fabric
How to Look After Your Spinning Wheel
How to Prepare a Shuttle for Weaving
How to Weave on a Traditional Loom
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...