A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,123
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My 'Don't Forget' Book [REALLY Image Fatty]  (Read 1055 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

D_Monster
« on: August 11, 2008 08:12:20 PM »

So today I decided to make this little reminder book. In case I have Emnisa [sp?] or I just feel bad and need a little reminder of what makes me....me!
The inspiration was simple. I was talking to my auntie and girlfriend about how i need a good outfit for school and my gf said "You should make something! Don't you remember, you're creative!"

And then poof! The idea of a little book i can carry around with me in my book baggie.

I give to you [In yet again, bad cellphone pics] my "Delaney Don't Forget!"  book
with a few of my favorite pages.
[Delaney is my name btw]

The cover!

A for athletic, since I'm the type of girl who wears cute dresses and always gets them dirty with mud and grass after a soccer match. My bathtub hates me.

B for boys style. There's something about a guy who dresses up dapper that makes me smile! It's Gentelman-ly

C for Colour...envy my way of spelling it! Yea, I'm very colorful when it comes to my clothes.

D for DIY! Of course but also as in my phraise when it comes to school. Alot of people come up to me and ask for help with stuff when its really easy. I get irritated and tell them "Do it yourself!"  Tongue

G for glam! Because I belive I am. The page above is just a collage of diamonds, glitter and sequin pics.

J for jeans...or Anti-Jeans. I hate 'em, they are so lazy and not fun, at least to me.

Of course what I should never forget! As you can see, it fits perfectly in my hand!

Now this part is the one that gets me. I almost got teary eyed as I wrote it.
My Then boyfriend, Royden, he was the first and only guy I really fell hard for. We went through alot in the two years we were together but we were very happy. But in december of 2006 he was killed in his apartment after a fire broke out in another persons house above his. It hurt me so much and it was terrible when it came to moving on.
But there was one conversation we had bofore he passed away about my bad writers block and he told me those words, written above.

"Everything U do,
Everyone you meet,
Everything you see is
there to inspire you!"

Amazing words I will never forget. He used to work at Hobby Lobby and sometimes he would find scrap ribbons in the back that he'd snatch and give to me to use for my hair. I stopped wearing them, so they were sitting around in a shoebox. So I picked out two to keep the book together  Smiley

On the back of the book, are Kanye West lyrics from the song "Homecoming".
He's my favorite rapper <3

As you can tell my handwriting is pretty crappy. Its sad I know  Tongue

So it only took me about an hour and a half while I was watching some tv.

Now the long post is over! I hope you enjoyed this, i'd love feedback  Grin

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 08:16:31 PM by D_Monster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"'Cos i love the life i lead, and i know my enemies, and god is on our side. Thats all we really need"

"I don't accessorize. I'm Howard Moon. There's a simple truth to me. "
Boosh Be-Otch - from the states!
DancinInTheDark
Klutzy Paparazzi! ;]

Yeah, Train rocks. Best band ever!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008 10:00:03 PM »

That is awesome.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Me + Craftster = LOVE. Wink
Hey soul sister, ain't that Mister Mister playin' on the stereo, radio? -Train
http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/swagbucks-173x63Alt1.jpg
ellenmarie
I should save that, I might need it soon!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008 12:34:21 PM »

What an awesome idea! As a mom of teenagers sometimes i forget that I can be creative and have things about myself to cheer about, I think I will be starting on one soon!  I love that you used ribbon to hold it all together so it will be easy to add to it! Thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
D_Monster
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008 06:17:57 PM »

What an awesome idea! As a mom of teenagers sometimes i forget that I can be creative and have things about myself to cheer about, I think I will be starting on one soon!  I love that you used ribbon to hold it all together so it will be easy to add to it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Yay! I'm glad you're inspired =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"'Cos i love the life i lead, and i know my enemies, and god is on our side. Thats all we really need"

"I don't accessorize. I'm Howard Moon. There's a simple truth to me. "
Boosh Be-Otch - from the states!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bathroom Bar Beauty Tips and Style Tricks with Nicky Hilton
Demi Lovato Launches Skincare Line
How to Do a Cat Eye in a Hurry with Model Genevieve Morton
What It Looks Like When Old "Dallas" Meets New
Tips For Updating Your Fall Look
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...