A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sew my own wedding dress? Am I crazy? NEW MUSLIN on page 8!  (Read 33366 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Avian Flight
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2008 12:06:34 PM »

Both are lovely cuts. I really like the wrap bodice but the other one looks more like a fancy wedding dress to me. The wrap bodice is a tiny bit more casual. I can't wait to see the finished dress. Both look great on you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
TexasThistle
Innocent until PROVEN guilty

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2008 12:07:01 PM »

i like the new one better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps (feedback is untrue)
thekster
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2008 02:41:31 PM »

Hmmm at first I was really disappointed cuz I loved the other one but I'm warming up to this one. I think what's throwing me is the fabric. If I saw it in satin or silk or whatever you're going to make it in, I'm sure I'd love it too. I think the blue sash works better than it would on the other one. Ooh and some fabric covered buttons going down the back, even if just the fake kind with a zipper underneath, would look beaaautiful. I love those damn buttons Smiley
OK, I looked at it again and I like this one better now. It really defines your waist a lot better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
mirthgoddess
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2008 07:19:48 PM »

Thekster: Good idea to add buttons to the back.. I love dresses with buttons too! And the buttons on the first pattern would have been the fake kind over the zipper too. That pattern came with a button guide for where to sew them on over the zipper! Maybe I could use the same guide for spacing out the buttons. The new pattern will probably just need a few more, since the bodice back is longer.

VinceNoir: thanks!

Avian Flight: Actually the more casual feel of the wrap bodice goes better with my wedding, I think. We are getting married outdoors, surrounded by trees, so I don't need it to be as fancy as if I were getting married in a church. And thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2008 08:13:36 AM »

Yay, buttons!! I actually reaaaallly like it now, with the sash tied in the back. I think the final product will be absolutely stunning Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
annabee711
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2008 08:31:16 PM »

I really like it with the new top. That is a gorgeous bodice and I may have to buy that pattern for myself because the top is so flattering! I also really like the sash - it ads a fun touch. Keep us posted on the progress =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kkearney1982
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2008 08:09:56 PM »

Hey, I LOVE the wrap dress--I've been looking for a pattern just like that for my wedding dress, and haven't found one yet!  Is this actually vogue 8446, or is it a modification of it?  Could you email me what you did, if you modified it (I'll see if I can find that pattern online)?  Thanks! ~Kate
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwilightFirefly
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2008 03:08:17 PM »

Wow this is beautiful! I love it with the sash- it gives the formal dress a little fun flare. I think you've made the right choice to go with a bodice *you* like better, because its your day Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kaiser Scissorhands

Why am I sticky & naked? Did I miss something fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2008 08:56:48 AM »

Your posture makes it look like you are significantly more comfortable in the new on than the old one. Which will be paramount on your wedding day. I fell victim to  sadistic lace tightening sister and couldn't sit all day, and in your first dress it looks like you may need to stand or sit wth your spine perfectly erect through the whole thing to keep the shoulders up.

And, imho, wrap dresses just look prettier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Living dangerously.
The Moose

Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2008 09:23:17 PM »

I'm definitely a fan of the wrap bodice-- I think it looks more elegant and comfortable than the first one. I'm not sure how I feel about the blue sash, though-- where you have it in the picture, it sort of covers up the connection of the wrap from the front to the left side of the dress-- a detail that is really beautiful in itself. Maybe it the sash could be attached lower?

Beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

★ Vegan Quaker Queer ★

My Etsy | Art Blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Authentic Texas BBQ
Fantastic Gluten Free Corn Hot Cakes
Emoo-Ving Story: Anthony Eats America Ep. 1 - Deleted Scene
Bad News Bannister: Anthony Eats America Ep. 1 - Deleted Scene
Bald and the Beautiful: Anthony Eats America Ep. 1 - Deleted Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...