A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Man Kimono! with Action Shots  (Read 1190 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Caine
« on: August 04, 2008 08:12:59 AM »

I finally got a chance to make the kimono from the tute list here in Kids Clothing. What fun! I want to make a Kimono Dress next for my dd. I wanted to use snaps but didn't have anything but snap tape, which I then realized wouldn't sew well without a special foot? And I added a few embellishments. I also want to try making reversible kimono jammies ...

Let me know what you think. These are fun, for me it was not fast, but now that I think I know what I am doing ... we'll see. Been so long since I could make anything but blankets and pillows ... fun to be back. and I LOVE THESE NEW SERVERS. WOOOOOOOO - HOOOOOOT!

Shocked Cool

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008 08:16:36 AM by Caine » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CeraMom
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008 08:44:50 AM »

Looks good! Is it flowered trim? Your boy doesn't object? My son would FLIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Caine
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008 09:00:37 AM »

No flipping ... at least not yet! Thanks for writing.

It is a flowered trim -- made from some fabric that has dogs and flowers on it. He loves flowers (current favorite is a morning glory); he just turned 2 so perhaps when he finds out he is supposed to flip out over flowers he will give flipping out over flowers and other girly stuff a try. You never know, I am lucky enough to know lots of wonderful manly men who love flowers as well as trucks, trains and towers so maybe the flower hating phase will be brief. We'll love him no matter which way be flips!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008 10:55:36 AM »

No flipping ... at least not yet! Thanks for writing.

It is a flowered trim -- made from some fabric that has dogs and flowers on it. He loves flowers (current favorite is a morning glory); he just turned 2 so perhaps when he finds out he is supposed to flip out over flowers he will give flipping out over flowers and other girly stuff a try. You never know, I am lucky enough to know lots of wonderful manly men who love flowers as well as trucks, trains and towers so maybe the flower hating phase will be brief. We'll love him no matter which way be flips!

Hey, if the kid likes flowers give him flowers! I am not a fan of pushing gender roles onto children. Let them be happy! Oh, and super cute kimono  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
Caine
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008 11:15:25 AM »

So glad you like the Kimono. I quite agree about the flowers and making kids happy. The gender roles are all around and need no help from me! In our house we follow the passions fierce and sweet -- This board seems all about all that, that is why I am so happy here, me thinks!

Oh, altered fairy tales? Oh my? I have yet to swap but have wanted to -- must read up. Oh oh oh -- my dd alters every fairy tale, every everything indeed. Hmmmmmmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Padester
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008 11:28:57 AM »

Very cute!  My ds likes trucks and flowers - dh and I have decided he'll be a landscape architecht when he grows up!

Although now ds is also a major lego fiend - maybe he'll just be a regular architecht with a really cool garden?

Anyhow - great top!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Caine
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008 11:37:05 AM »

yeah! or all those wonderful fields will hybridize and he'll be at the top of the heap! A truck full of flowers and a gorgeous modular house built of, perhaps, self-regenerating lego like materials that he invents?

so glad you like the kimono -- it's blooming a lovely conversation too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myprecious4

Love to sew for my baby girl!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008 01:13:57 PM »

Looks wonderful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Caine
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008 09:24:51 AM »

Thank! My precious! I want to make more and I found another tutorial for one that may help me fill in some questions I had. It is fun to look at different options.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KitschyCoo
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008 10:22:54 AM »

Love it, you did a great job! Must try a kimono...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Shoot Food Photos Like a Pro
Me And My Mannequin Husband
Stunning Time-Lapse Video of the Milky Way
Ends of the Earth Photography: A Photographer Follows Her Passion
This Is What Happens When You Attach Your Camera To A Kite
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...