A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 305,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spiderwick Gallery  (Read 5179 times)
Tags for this thread: movie_monsters  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008 08:00:49 PM »

The game is available to print on Spiderwick.com, but it was too small. I used my printer to enlarge the four corners, and then used graphite paper under the print outs to transfer the images. Then I painted it all with watered down acrylics. The background is all hand drawn, as it was mostly scribbles anyway. The game only came with half as many cards as I put in. I scoured the internet for trivia on the faerie folk and used the quiz that is down-loadable from the Spiderwick site. Then the game board had to be protected, so I covered it in contact paper.

Those tutus were so fun to make. I love that action shot! I'd seen little girls dresses with petals trapped in the skirts and I thought it would be fun to have fairy tutus made that way.

The Masks can be downloaded in paper form from the Spiderwick site. I just figured they could play longer if they were something more durable.

I couldn't be happier about whose home Thimbletack went to.

I should be gushing tomorrow about you package, MK! I can't wait.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008 01:36:07 PM »

(read in a sing songy voice) I got my Incredible package from MK today!
I am just blown away by her creativity. She made this package so interactive for my boys. I couldn't take pictures fast enough, as they were taking things out of the trunk, and I'm sure stuff has disappeared already! they are currently organizing their field guide and using the assorted magical paraphernalia to fight off the goblins!
So, I'm sure you want to see the loot!
First the trunk. Before it was looted!

The personalized empty field guide, so that the boys can fill it with their own discoveries, as well as the ones that MK sent. Front:

Back:

A sampling of some of the stuff MK sent. These are Mermaid scales:

A picture of just one of three, all different, seeing stone. One for each boy.

An action shot:

This picture really doesn't do these wings justice. They are exquisite! I almost don't want to let the kids have them!

And again, a really bad picture! These are customized doll eyes. MK, my favorite are the green pearly ones. I don't know what kind of doll I'll be using them on yet, but they're all gorgeous!

There was so much more to this package that I didn't get pictures of, because the boys took off with them. They include an antiqued wax sealed letter explaining what to do with all of the stuff, and how to use the field guide, various found objects, like fairy wings, feathers, and Mulgrath's claw.
This has been the best swap EVER! Thank you so much!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2008 01:38:57 PM by craftewoman » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SugarySweet
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008 01:44:32 PM »

She did an amazing job!!! Yes she did!  I got a sneak peek too.  Wink The wings are so pretty!!

I love the field guide and that's a great idea to let the kids fill it with the things they find!  Shocked

I don't think I've ever seen your boys before. They are so cute!!

Oh and I love those sparkly eyes!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008 08:25:36 PM by KimsCozyKitchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SugarySweet
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008 03:23:14 PM »

My sweet package came today from jloveg.  Grin

Here's everything.
Flower Fairy Pot, honey (yummy), Field Guide, candy & the flower pins.

Here's Spiderwick candy and the cute little flower pins!!

Flower Fairies. The pot broke, but with the glue it looks like it will hold. Grin

A really cute little Field Guide & the first page.

I really love everything.  Grin
I didn't take a picture of the honey alone, but I can't wait to taste it!! It looks really rich, it's so much darker than the honey I buy in the grocery store.

Tell the kids I said thank you for helping make my package and give them a big hug for me.  Grin
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008 05:00:32 PM by KimsCozyKitchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008 03:38:34 PM »

oh my gosh you guys!  love love love the fairy wings and those flower fairies are adorable everything is fabulous!  the best swap ever!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Malibukasey
If your stomach feels weak then, my work here is done

(::) (::)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008 04:11:18 PM »

YAYYYY! Oh and I forgot to add... with the wings... the larger orange ribbons are what you use to tie to the arm/armpits for your little girl! I know what you mean about not wanting them to play with it! My girls have wings but I have them hanging above their beds as decor. The feathers are what I have collected. I love the yellow and black ones... I don't know the name of those birds but they are yellow with black on the tips of thier wings. The turkey (Gryphon) feather is from my inlaws turkey. We have all sorts of mushroom here too... If there could have been a way that I could have safely preserved them I would have sent them too!!! With the eyes.. I used some new nail polish so I got to experiment!!! Then I also just used glitter. I know you guys bought some doll patterns so I thought maybe between that and Poppeting it would come in handy.  I had a blast with this swap! I feel a little squeaky in the back of my throat because I can see it was being enjoyed!!!

jloveg!!! Can I just say AAAAAAAAAACKKK!!! I love those flowers!! I am CRAZY about that idea!!! Great package!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SugarySweet
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008 05:09:15 PM »

The flower fairies are really cute. I tried to turn as many forward as possible for the picture.  Grin

Hanging the wings is a good idea. That's what I would do with them too. They are that pretty. There's a painted(?) design on them too that you can't really see in the picture.

I know what you mean MK about how seeing the kids enjoying the stuff you make. I really love the pictures of jloveg's kids with the bags I made. Especially her son. You can really see how much he loves that bag!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2008 08:28:32 PM »

my son  helped  make the flower fairie pens.  yes you can actually write with them.  ( I keep them on my desk  keeps  people from stealing tehm! Smiley  )    and  my daughter made the field guide all by herself from start to finish.  Kim I am glad the glue held up. so sorry I didn't wrap it better.

the wings are unbelievable!  and the other field guide up there  is AWESOME!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
SugarySweet
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2008 08:37:44 PM »

my son  helped  make the flower fairie pens.  yes you can actually write with them.  ( I keep them on my desk  keeps  people from stealing tehm! Smiley  )   

lol, they will be a shelf here. If I keep them where my cats can get them, they would be all over the house!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008 10:14:19 PM »

What a great package. I'm so glad you got your kids to help. MK didn't show the pages of the field guide, but it's actually a coloring book. The illustrations are only line drawings. My eldest drew most of them, and it was great to see him so excited about a project!
The idea of making pens into fairy flowers is so cute!
I'm glad my kids didn't know about the candy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About the Body Worlds Exposition
Glazing Your Pottery
Firing Your Pottery
Making the Handle for a Clay Mug
Trimming the Clay Cylinder
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...