A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
735 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: locker type keys  (Read 1458 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jodilee
« on: August 03, 2008 12:02:07 PM »

Hi I have maybe a 1000 locker type keys all of which are exactly the same. Anybody got any ideas other than mobiles............ I have tried to cover a disc of mdf with them all splaying out from the centre but its harder than it sounds to get the spacing just right.

I'd appreciate any input as I have had them more than 2 years and they are very heavy  ( i know this having moved house twice) :-)

Thanks in advance
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kickinglemons
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008 07:08:07 PM »

Wow, where did you get all of them?

I'm thinking maybe you could cover a box or something with them, hot-gluing them side-by-side. Or (if you've ever seen Zoey 101) you could decorate them as necklaces with paint and glitter and such and sell them or give as gifts.

http://s2.thisnext.com/media/230x230_no_border/Zoey-101-Key-Necklace_C68CCF46.jpg

^Sorry I couldn't find a good picture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jodilee
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008 01:33:41 PM »

Thanks kickinglemons cos nobody else seems to have any ideas at all............. I love the picture as well.

AND I cannot believe that I had not thought of using my glue gun. I was busy trying to 'screw' every individual key into place Tongue Boy am I an idiot.

And i used to work in a factory making coffee machines and each machine came with 2 blank keys. They were never used so I got to keep them and there are so many I really have no  time to count them but trust me there are a huge amount. I reckon i could cover a wall of my lounge and keep thinking how fab it would look if i could do it right so the wall was silver and shiney but not immediatley obvious that they were keys.

thanks again you have given mea few ideas especially about colouring them or maybe having some anodised. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tmurray
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008 02:27:13 PM »

Your avitar made me think of something.. is that a lamp in the picture?  what about a hanging lamp that looks like the cylinder thing in the picture with the keys hanging down..on the circular things,( wire) or you could do a chandrlier with a large wire hoop with keys on it followed by a smaller one and smaller one and so on
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jodilee
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008 02:52:22 PM »

Your avitar made me think of something.. is that a lamp in the picture?  what about a hanging lamp that looks like the cylinder thing in the picture with the keys hanging down..on the circular things,( wire) or you could do a chandrlier with a large wire hoop with keys on it followed by a smaller one and smaller one and so on

Good idea Tmurray, the lamp in my avatar was made by me......and I had sort of thought of the same sort of idea myself not not sure I can do it as patience is NOT my forte Angry and I think i'd need  a lot of it to get the keys to dangle all at the very same height..........I have seen chandaliers made of poppers from new year and some made of found objects all dangling but they look like monumental works of patience!!!

However I may give it a go and see how I get on Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009 01:19:45 PM by jodilee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jim Wallis Talks About Rediscovering Values
Michelle Karen Talks About Astrology for Enlighten
Sarah Wendell Reveals Her Favorite TV Show
Scott Higham and Sari Horwitz Talk About Finding Chandra
Dark Dude Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...