A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Heartagram Motif: Need Help Creating Pattern!  (Read 826 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmanteDelFuego
« on: August 03, 2008 11:27:40 AM »

Hey everyone! First of all, this is a heartagram if you do not know what one is.
http://www.freewebs.com/villessanctuary/heartagram%5D.bmp
It is the symbol for my favorite band (H.I.M.) and I'm thinking of using this to make an afghan or a throw for my brother (who is also a big fan).

This is my version:

I have blocked it with a medium hot iron and some starch. The more I look at it, the more frustrated I get. I came up with the idea for the pattern this morning around 1AM and wrote it down. Obviously, I do not do my best thinking at night! I was so focused on getting the pentagon in the middle right, I totally neglected the inside triangle!!!

Here's what I've got so far:

Ch 12, join with a sl st, ch 1
R1: *Sc in next 2 sc, 3 sc in next sc* repeat once. *Sc in next sc, 3 sc in next sc* repeat twice. Sc in next 2 sc, join with sl st to beg. ch
R2: *Ch 16, sl st in middle of 1st inc (the 4th sc in pentagon)* repeat once. *Ch 6, sc in 5th ch from hook, ch 5, sl st in middle of next inc from prev. rnd* repeat twice, join with a sl st
R3: Sc in ch's with an inc in the 11th ch in the first heart loop, and in the 5th ch in the second heart loop, also work 3 sc in the point of each triangle
R4: Work the same as R3, including increases, but use sl st when you get to where the heart loops meet or the triangles meet to avoid bulkyness.

Any ideas on how to make the whole thing look more...crisp? Pointy? Also, anyone who figures out how to put it in the circle without it looking wonky wins the internet. I've tried 4 times now and can't get it right...I'll keep trying though!

Thanks for looking and for any help/suggestions!

Edited to Add: Here's version 2.0 (more like 9 or 10).

It's getting better. I made the beginning chain bigger, and created the triangle first, and then did the heart loops. At least I can tell it's a Heartagram!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012 08:37:46 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thorgunna
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008 06:22:31 PM »

I really have no idea how to get the yarn shaped into a heartagram.  If I were attempting it, I'd say that using tapestry crochet and just graphing it out would be your best bet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Liven Up Your Hair With Commitment-Free Chalk Color
How to Refresh Oily Hair
Braid Styles for the Red Carpet
How to Do a Waterfall Braid
How to Do a Braid Like Anne Hathaway
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...