A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,175
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Flat rate box of Christmas surprises?!  (Read 3013 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008 12:33:06 PM »

Sad i forgot to post this here

i cant join any other swaps besides the 12 days and the scrap fabric one i just posted, we are going to WDW in january, so we are taking a spending sabbatical for the next 3 months (no movies after this weekend, and renting occassionally, no shopping randomly, no eating out, etc)

its a bummer, cos i really love this idea, luckily there is always next yr!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
norahkate
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008 12:57:12 PM »

okay, i only read page 1 of 4 because i'm super busy at work, but i will catch up this weekend.  i just wanted to say that i love this idea and i am so in! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for baby food jars (or other small jars with lids)
bigfatroses
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008 02:07:53 PM »

Would it be ok to say "Partner- craft me anything you'd like, it's all for my Christmas birthday!"   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'm hoping to feel refreshed once this starts.  Have been having some postal/swapping issues the past week.  I'm pooped out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
TheGoddessWithinYou
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008 02:17:43 PM »

I am new to Crafters and I think this is a fantastic idea.  I will be watching for this to start.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaymadben
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008 10:08:03 PM »

YAY! I'm so glad to see so many people interested. Can't wait til it starts. I feel like I'm counting down the days til Christmas waiting for the sign ups to begin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008 04:23:26 AM »

This sounds like such a labor intensive swap - I have filled flat rate boxes for swaps with crafted things and it takes A LOT to fill up a flat rate box.  When I have filled them in the past full of crafted things it was a massive amount of crafted stuff inside them - tons of time invested.
I am stressed about the amount of loot that would actually have to go inside a flat rate box...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
kaymadben
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2008 07:14:59 AM »

okay missy, you are discouraging my participants!  Grin There's a 2 month crafting time so once you get done with your minimum amount of points you could either keep crafting and put more crafted things in there or you could add some cute supplies like fabric, yarn, books, christmas decorations, etc. Or store bought things to fill it up. With the 2 month crafting period if you crafted 2 smalls a week that would be 16 smalls you'd have in the box. Unless they are all jewelry I'd have a hard time fitting 16 smalls in the box. So if you did 1 medium every 2 weeks that would be 4 mediums in the box. Really it depends on what you are crafting and how big it is. I mean if you made a sofa pillow, a tote bag or shopping bag, some placemats and an apron, all of which could probably be mediums depending on how much time you put into it, your box would be almost full most likely.

Do you have any suggestions on making it less stressful?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2008 07:18:54 AM »

No - that actually doesn't sound as horrific.  I don't mean to discourage anyone - I was just voicing my fear of box stuffing.  I guess I missed that it could include things that were not crafted.  I thought it all had to be crafted.
gotcha and understood...

Sorry bout that guys - ignore the crazy lady(me)  I do tend to fret for no good reason!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
RubyRain
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2008 11:01:59 AM »

okay missy, you are discouraging my participants!  Grin There's a 2 month crafting time so once you get done with your minimum amount of points you could either keep crafting and put more crafted things in there or you could add some cute supplies like fabric, yarn, books, christmas decorations, etc. Or store bought things to fill it up. With the 2 month crafting period if you crafted 2 smalls a week that would be 16 smalls you'd have in the box. Unless they are all jewelry I'd have a hard time fitting 16 smalls in the box. So if you did 1 medium every 2 weeks that would be 4 mediums in the box. Really it depends on what you are crafting and how big it is. I mean if you made a sofa pillow, a tote bag or shopping bag, some placemats and an apron, all of which could probably be mediums depending on how much time you put into it, your box would be almost full most likely.

Do you have any suggestions on making it less stressful?

This is exactly how I was thinking too-a couple of smalls and a medium or 2. I'd fill in the rest with supplies-which is how I think this swap kind of started isn't it?

I think people are getting a little freaked thinking they have to craft a ton of things to fill the box and that's not the point-it's a mixture of things-and supposed to be fun! Wink

I've already set aside a few things Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homeschooling mama of 4 kidlets.

Mamahood is not for wimps!
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008 12:38:01 PM »

I like the idea of crafting the points requirement, then crafting as much as I can in the time I have left, then fill in as needed with supplies Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nicky Hilton Reveals Her Most Important Style Tips For Women
Want To Make Your Shape Pop?
How to Shop on a College Budget and Look Amazing
OOTD: Vest and Jeans
Movie Inspired Halloween Costume Ideas
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...