A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Children's Wish Swap Round 1  (Read 8770 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« on: August 03, 2008 04:02:45 AM »

An ongoing swap geared towards kids!
This is for child crafting/supplies - please do not list things other than for kids or to be used for child crafts

For people thinking of joining - you can join this swap at any time during the month.  When you see something that someone wants you can stake a crafty claim(on the last list or current list posted not one burried up by other posts Wink)  So you can pick what you want to make and when.  It will give you some crafty freedom.
The more the merrier with an Ongoing Swap so if you have kids or want things made for kids you know this will be a great swap for you!

Craftster member who is organizing this swap:Craftydeb
co-organizer:   MommytheMaid
Sign-up date range: (8/03/01-8/31/08)
Date to send item by: 14 days after claiming

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?

Age requirement?  13

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES

*IMPORTANT PM INFO*: When sending PMs, please label them as OWS 1 with one of the following tags:
Approval
Package sent
Package received
Question

This will help me stay organized.  Also, please include the send by date with any package sent or received.

How This Swap Works:
Please READ CAREFULLY! This swap works differently than most!

Try to imagine a chain.  The first link is the first person whose wish list is on page 1 (Person A) - that will be the craftster member who was the very last wish list from Ongoing Wish Swap 36.

Now, we want to put another link in the chain.  People will read that list and see if there is something they want to/can make from the list.

Someone (Person B) will claim Person A for some item on their wish list.  They post a reply to the thread that says I claim Person A for [item].  This is my X claim (however many times they have picked someone for example, "this is my fourth wish, with one sent, and three received, (meaning that this is the fourth claim they've made, one is in transit to it's destination, and three of the items have been received by the people they previously claimed).  Also add your location, and any preferences or aversions I live in Wisconsin USA, I am a vegetarian, and I am allergic to wool.

IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REPLY WITH YOUR STATUS WHEN YOU CLAIM SOMEONE!  This means you need to post who you are claiming and for what, how many claims you have made, including how many in transit and how many received, and your location/preferences/aversions.

Then comes the fun part!  After the introduction, Person B is the last link in the chain, and they post their wish list!!!  YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY ITEMS ON YOUR WISH LIST AS YOU WANT, HOWEVER YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF SIX ITEMS FOR A CHILD.  You can join wanting to receive for a child other than your own.  THE MORE ITEMS YOU LIST, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF BEING CLAIMED QUICKLY.  Also site examples/links to tutorials/finished items, that helps A LOT

(Please have your list ready, this swap can move very quickly!  Please include your country at the start of your wish list). Person B will also PM Person A to get her address so they can mail the item when it is finished.   

Along comes Person C, who claims Person B for something on their list and the chain is built, link by link.  (If Person C wanted to make Person B a purse AND a stuffie, that would still count as ONE WISH.)  Then they post their list, and so on.

When you want to make a claim, you can ONLY pick from the very last wish list in the chain.  You can't pick anyone else in the chain - you can only connect to the very end of the chain, which is that last wish list posted.

After you have made your claim, you need to PM that person for their address.

Friends of Craftster are allowed 3 wishes at one time, others are allowed 2 wishes.  If this is your first swap, you are only allowed one wish until your craft is received for this month.  Do not choose over your given limit.
 If you already have one claim that will be sent out late, please don't claim again until that one is sent out.

Become a Friend of Craftster!  Go here: http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

If you are at your limit of wishes, you can choose again once one of your partners receives, NOT when you send.
***Do not claim someone unless you can fulfill that wish to a high caliber***

Let's keep the quality high here. I don't want to receive PMs with people concerned over the lack of quality of their items.  Please, just work your hardest to keep the bar high on the quality of items here!  Don't choose just for the sake of choosing; choose to make someone else a really AWESOME wish!

Now if the thread gets in a rut for a day, the person who made the last wish should add to their list if they can think of anything else, until someone decides to craft for them. Please make sure this is not you!

Unsure of where to find wish ideas? 

Sending/Communicating/Feedback:
YOU HAVE TWO WEEKS TO GET YOUR ITEM OUT THE DOOR.
IF YOU DO NOT SEND A MEDIUM ITEM YOU WILL BE GETTING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
( the medium can be a couple small items etc as long as it adds up to a medium )
( A medium item equals two hours of crafting time or 20$ worth of store bought items )

Please be communicative if you are having any issues. If you communicate you still need to send your item in a timely manner.  Communication does not mean you can send as late as you want.  After one week past the deadline you will have negative feedback.  This is only temporary as it will be changed back once you fulfill your obligation for late item(s).  Do not choose to craft an item if you do not think you can meet these deadlines.

THERE WILL BE FEEDBACK FOR THIS SWAP
I will be giving feedback in the following way:
-  great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
-  good/poor communication:  where applicable
-  sent late/early: where applicable
-  no dc number: failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country
- did not follow item amount rule

Previous Swap Rounds:
If you are confused in any way by how this works, please look at some previous OWS rounds to see how an OWS works:
Round 36 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254441.0

There is a gallery for this swap:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=265258.0

and you are also invited to participate in the discussion
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=249206.0

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer
Craftydeb

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name and address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)

Get your list ready asap so when you stake a claim you can QUICKLY post up your list.  You can always add to your list after you post it - just get your list up quickly to keep the chain going!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008 12:45:56 PM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008 04:04:53 AM »

You can still sign up!  Signups are ongoing throughout the month so don't be shy come on in!!

Gallery!
[/size][/color]

Crafters signed up..
1.  Craftydeb  US
2.  girlosun_9  US
3.  kaymadben  US
4.  Jinkies  US
5.  patty_o_furniture   US
6.  summertimerolls  US
7.  MommyTheMaid  US
8.  kianee  Ger
9.  klum78  US
10.  superhooker  US
11.  frosty772  US
12.   kitschkween  US
13.  arenas3651  US
14. atsuko  US
15.  Damara  US
16.  Catrinau  US
17.  igobylorib  US
Swap Angel....
MLJHydro --> frosty772

Crafters with 3 claims:  (FOC/angels)

atsuko  0 claims 0 sent 1 received
Catrinau  1 claims  sent 1 received
Craftydeb  1 claim 0 sent 0 received
Damara  0 claims 0 sent 0 received
frosty772  1 claims 0 sent 0 received
girlosun_9 - 0 claims  2 sent 1 received
igobylorib    1 claims  0 sent  0 received
kaymadben - 1 claims  sent 1 received
kitschkween  1 claims 1 sent 0 received
klum78   claims 1 sent 0 received
MommyTheMaid  0 claims  2 sent 1 received
patty_o_furniture  0 claims  sent 3  received
summertimerolls  1 claims  1 sent 2 received
superhooker  1 claims 2 sent 0 received

Crafters with 2 claims:
Jinkies   1 claims 0 sent 0 received
kianee  1 claims    0 sent  1 received

Crafters with 1 claim: (first time swappers)
        arenas3651  1 claims 0 sent 0 received

MLJHydro --> frosty772

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008 04:13:37 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008 04:05:15 AM »

sending info:

Green - sent
Blue - recieved
Purple - late with communication
Red - late by 1 week with no communication.  Negative temporarily placed in feedback
crossed off - feedback left - left swap

Date to send by:  (2 weeks after claim has been staked)
August 25:
girlosun_9  -- craftydeb for a sock monster
kaymadben  --  girlosun_9 for a skirt for your 6 yr old

August 26:
girlosun_9  --  kaymadben for fabric bracelets
kaymadben  --  girlosun_9 for a pencil pouches
MommytheMaid  --  kaymadben for cute bath scrubbies
patty_o_furniture  --  MommytheMaid for hairbows and a hairbow holder
MommytheMaid --  Patty-o-furniture for some wisty goodies & those fun felt cookies Cheesy
girlosun_9  --  MommyTheMaid for a boutique sewing pattern and novelty/fun fabric
Patty_o_furniture  -- girlosun for an I Spy Bag
MommytheMaid  --  patty_o_furniture (again) for PJ pants

August  27
Jinkies  --  MommytheMaid for DECORATED CLOTHESPINS 

August 28
summertimerolls  --  Jinkies for some UGLY dolls (2)
kainee  --  summertimerolls for scarves/hats
superhooker  --  kainee for a hat with ears
summertimerolls  --  superhooker for some monstery stuffies

Sept 1
frosty772  --  summertimerolls for doll clothes

Sept 2
arenas3651  --  frosty772 for a set of mittens and scarf for each boy
kitschkween  --  arenas3651 for a journal, something super hero-ish, and a pink surprise
atsuko  --  Kitschkween for a Rosie the Riveter shirt for Melody and some little extras!

Sept 3
kitschkween  --  atsuko for embroidered tees...
Catrinau  --  kitschkween for Holden's noise making soft toys

Sept 4
klum78   --  Catrinau for decorated tees for the boys
kaymadben  --  Klum78 for a surprise for her 4 yr old daughter
summertimerolls  -- kaymadben for ASL marble magnets & some kind of girly surprise

Sept 8
igobylorib  -- summertime rolls for a wand, cape and some crayon creations!

superhooker  -- igobylorib for a "J" pendant and some cool locker stuff
Patty_o -- superhoooker for a clock
kianne  --  patty_o_furniture for name stamps and dress-up stuff for her girls
superhooker  --  Kianee for some car themed fridge magnets and a long sleeve stenciled tshirt
craftydeb  --  superhooker for a skull wall quilt

Sept 11
Catrinau  --  craftydeb for an altered book

angel...
MLJHydro --> frosty772
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008 05:58:48 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008 04:06:23 AM »

-reserved -

remember:
DO NOT POST HERE UNLESS YOU ARE STAKING A CLAIM ON THE CURRENT LIST!
That will help keep the swap easier to follow!  Post all discussion in the discussion thread and/or in the gallery...!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008 04:06:52 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008 04:23:16 PM »

starting list...
Hi.  I'm Craftydeb.  I'm in the US - Alabama to be a little more exact

Here's my list...!
Size/basic kid info info:
Logan - wears a size 8 pants - loves sweats and jeans with the stretchy backs to them but likes snaps/zippers in the front(no pull on jeans)
wears a boys size M tshirt - wow he is growing. 
likes green/blue/black/red the most. Does not care for orange or yellow

Collin - wears a size 5/6 pants - also loves sweats and has no opinion on what type of school pants he wears
wears a boys size S tshirt
Likes blue/black/green/red - does not care so much for orange or yellow either...

craftable things:
embroidered or silk screened tshirt(s) for my boys - please not transferred. They don't hold up in the wash
    Logan - likes outer space/chess/Egyptian canopic jars/playstation games especially  Ratchett & Clank and Jak & Daxter
    Collin - likes pirates/knights/medieval stuff
bleached shirt(s) skull or chest skeleton for Collin and/or robots/space for Logan
a poppet for Collin - a goblin possibly?
a poppet for Logan - a troll possibly?
embroidered pillow case(s) - see above for ideas
embroidered or silk screened hoodie for Collin size 6 or boys small
sock monsters for the boys as opposed to cute cuddly sock monkeys
A crafty surprise for the kids - boyish art kits maybe?  travel games?
robot illusion knitted scarf - cotton or acrylic - NO WOOL http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182897.0
skull or dragon illusion scarf - cotton or acrylic.  NO WOOL
altered books for the boys Collin knights/dragon theme Logan space/math/roman numerals? I'm thinking of the kind that you can hide stuff in hidden compartment books.
die rolling tray kind of like this one maybe??http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=143616.msg1448552#msg1448552
Set of magnetic shapes for using with a magnadoodle - like fun ones - bugs, skulls, etc - think boys Wink I'm thinking some kind of a magnet shape glued to a handle of some sort maybe?  Okay.  It is not a fully baked idea but I'm sure someone can think this project through!
handlebar messenger bags for their bikes I have a vision.  I'll try to find a tutorial if I can

supplies for Child crafting - okay. not that I am physically making a child
outer space/robots/etc fabric for a quilt for Logan
Pirate/skull or medieval fabric/monsters(not cinema ones) fabric for a quilt for Collin
glow in the dark embroidery thread (for Halloween tshirts I want to machine embroider
ebay listing for thread
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008 06:33:12 PM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
girlosun_9
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008 05:46:12 PM »

I claim craftydeb for a sock monster.  If it doesn't work out (as I haven't made a sock monster before  Grin ) there will be an embroidered pillowcase with an outer space them Smiley

Tote bag or bags with an outer pocket for bed time (a pocket for a book and a pocket for pjs).  The oldest likes bold colors and animal prints.  The middle child likes butterflies, purples, pinks, and browns.  The youngest likes monkeys and soft fabrics. 

Anything from/inspired by my wist: http://www.wists.com/girlosun_9 and there are a lot of ideas here, please feel free to craft something you would like to craft!

Gocco Cards with envelopes.   Deer, owls, trees, acorns, and/or pretty much anything nature inspired.  We are big on writing to friends/family and the children use these cards for that as well as for writing birthday letters.

Zippered pouches for pencils, pens, erasers, etc.  We are pretty much open to anything as long as it isn't holiday or religion related (not blood and guts either but I am not sure I have to say that).

Twirl skirts or any skirts (as my girls don't like pants Sad ) my oldest is size 10 in kids and my middle child is size 6 in kids (I could send waist measurements if needed).
Felted beads

An I Spy Bag as we drive in the car quite a bit to geocache and go on hikes/bike rides

Felt Food-->eggs

Supplies:

Yardage of fabric featuring elephants (not circus please) or monkeys or anything forest like (cute forest not actual forest) or novelty (lemons, goldfish, bikes, etc.)

Embroidery Patterns from sublime stitching→Kurt Halsey, Camp Out, Unicorn Believer

Linen→Used or Thrifted pretty much any color (the middle child does A LOT of embroidery)

Anything from/inspired by my wist: http://www.wists.com/girlosun_9

linen double fold bias tape at least a 1/2 inch (for skirts for the older two)

unpainted wooden nesting dolls

zippers (again, for skirts)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 06:02:54 PM by girlosun_9 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaymadben
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008 08:58:22 PM »

I claim girlosun_9 for a skirt for your 6 yr old.

This is my 1st claim. (1,0,0) (is that right?)

Hi, I'm a mother of 2 little ones and I deliver pizzas 40 hours a week in good ol' Southeast Texas!  Grin We are very easy to please. We love new and used/thrifted fabrics. Please don't smoke around stuff you are making for us. We have 1 cat that lays in my lap whilest sewing and 1 alaskan husky that lays on the floor next to me whilst sewing. (I know, alaskan husky in Texas right?!)

About my kids:
Kaylee: age 4, wears 4T or pattern size 4 (but size 5 is cool too) and size 11 toddler in shoes. Shes a princess. Shes little miss perfect. Tries to be second mom to her brother. She loves playing with her doll baby.

Ben: age 3, wears a 2T but would like stuff made in 3T as I'm afraid he's about to have a growth spurt, or pattern sizes 2/3 and size 9 toddler in shoes. Hes a little monkey, loves running around the house screaming. He loves trains, space/aliens/robots, animals (all kinds monkeys, alligators, puppies, etc), knows sign language, and loves wearing hats.

They share a small room and and its mostly Disney theme stuff. Ben absolutely loves Mickey Mouse, Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo. But we love all things Disney.

For Ben:

BIG WISH: Clothes for Ben. Pants, shorts, decorated t-shirts (any kind, stenciled, appliqud, bleached, batik, silk screened), overalls, sewn shirts and HATS! He loves hats. I love the newsboy hats on the kids board. Also knit hats made from old tshirts is cool.
Cloth Diapers
ASL Marble Magnets - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=218781.0
But bigger marbles

For Kaylee:
Cute dresses, skirts, peasant tops
Hair bows/barrettes
Fabric bracelets - http://mollychicken.blogs.com/my_weblog/2006/03/bracelet_tutori.html
Chicken - http://mollychicken.blogs.com/my_weblog/2007/04/easter_birdy_tu.html
Crochet Star Blanket - I can wish right? - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=243120.msg2762377;topicseen#msg2762377
Babylegs lots of fun colors/stripes/cute prints
Knit/crochet or knit fabric arm warmers - cute designs, stripes, polka dots, anything girly
Knit/crochet leg warmers - cute designs, stripes, polka dots, anything girly

I love the bug outfit and shopping cart cover seen here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=243120.msg2781157;topicseen#msg2781157

Blankets/Quilts Can be as simple or as decorative as you wish. Can be sewn or knitted/crocheted. Some of my favs:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=249710.0

Artwork for the walls. There is sort of a Disney Theme in their room. But Id also love their names in sign language like in a frame or maybe a cute fairy or robot. Something cutesy and kiddish. Could be a painting, collage, or whatever you could think of. Some ideas:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=209949.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=198503.msg2104816#msg2104816
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_21&listing_id=13580689

Cute bath scrubbies, any design:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=209104.0

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 09:02:42 PM by kaymadben » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
girlosun_9
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008 03:44:16 AM »

I claim kaymadben for fabric bracelets.

This is my second claim of three allowed, zero sent, zero received.

A little bit about us.  We are from Maine and spend A LOT of time outdoors; we hike, bike, walk, geocache, and explore.  Our newest activity is biking/riding in the royal carriage (read ride in the bike trailer behind mommy and give directions on how fast/slow mommy is going).  We are a fairly crafty family.  My ten year old loves bold colors and crafting unusual/different things out of craft materials.  My middle child likes pinks, purples, and browns as well as elephants; she also likes anything we call a craft project.  My youngests--who turned 2 several days ago) loves monkeys and soft fabrics. 

Crafted Items:

Colorful sock monkey

Felt Food (Sandwhich, Pizza, Breakfast Items, Produce)

Tote bag or bags with an outer pocket for bed time (a pocket for a book and a pocket for pjs).  The oldest likes bold colors and animal prints.  The middle child likes butterflies, purples, pinks, and browns.  The youngest likes monkeys and soft fabrics. 

Anything from/inspired by my wist: http://www.wists.com/girlosun_9 and there are a lot of ideas here, please feel free to craft something you would like to craft!

Gocco Cards with envelopes.   Deer, owls, trees, acorns, and/or pretty much anything nature inspired.  We are big on writing to friends/family and the children use these cards for that as well as for writing birthday letters.

Zippered pouches for pencils, pens, erasers, etc.  We are pretty much open to anything as long as it isn't holiday or religion related (not blood and guts either but I am not sure I have to say that).

Twirl skirts or any skirts (as my girls don't like pants  ) my oldest is size 10 in kids and my middle child is size 6 in kids (I could send waist measurements if needed).

Felted beads

An I Spy Bag as we drive in the car quite a bit to geocache and go on hikes/bike rides

A scale model of the solar system that I can hang from the ceiling. 

Supplies:

Yardage of fabric featuring elephants (not circus please) or monkeys or anything forest like (cute forest not actual forest) or novelty (lemons, goldfish, bikes, etc.)

Embroidery Patterns from sublime stitching→Kurt Halsey, Camp Out, Unicorn Believer

Linen→Used or Thrifted pretty much any color (the middle child does A LOT of embroidery)

Anything from/inspired by my wist: http://www.wists.com/girlosun_9

linen double fold bias tape at least a 1/2 inch (for skirts for the older two)

unpainted wooden nesting dolls

zippers (again, for skirts)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaymadben
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008 02:48:36 PM »

I claim girlosun_9 for a pencil pouches.

This is my 2nd claim. (2,0,0) (is that right?)

Hi, I'm a mother of 2 little ones and I deliver pizzas 40 hours a week in good ol' Southeast Texas!   We are very easy to please. We love new and used/thrifted fabrics. Please don't smoke around stuff you are making for us. We have 1 cat that lays in my lap whilst sewing and 1 alaskan husky that lays on the floor next to me whilst sewing. (I know, alaskan husky in Texas right?!)

About my kids:
Kaylee: age 4, wears 4T or pattern size 4 (but size 5 is cool too) and size 11 toddler in shoes. Shes a princess. Shes little miss perfect. Tries to be second mom to her brother. She loves playing with her doll baby.

Ben: age 3, wears a 2T but would like stuff made in 3T as I'm afraid he's about to have a growth spurt, or pattern sizes 2/3 and size 9 toddler in shoes. Hes a little monkey, loves running around the house screaming. He loves trains, space/aliens/robots, animals (all kinds monkeys, alligators, puppies, etc), knows sign language, and loves wearing hats.

They share a small room and and its mostly Disney theme stuff. Ben absolutely loves Mickey Mouse, Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo. But we love all things Disney.

For Ben:

BIG WISH
: Clothes for Ben. Pants, shorts, decorated t-shirts (any kind, stenciled, appliqud, bleached, batik, silk screened), overalls, sewn shirts and HATS! He loves hats. I love the newsboy hats on the kids board. Also knit hats made from old tshirts is cool.
Cloth Diapers
ASL Marble Magnets - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=218781.0
But bigger marbles

For Kaylee:
Cute dresses, skirts, peasant tops
Hair bows/barrettes
Fabric bracelets - http://mollychicken.blogs.com/my_weblog/2006/03/bracelet_tutori.html
Chicken - http://mollychicken.blogs.com/my_weblog/2007/04/easter_birdy_tu.html
Crochet Star Blanket - I can wish right? - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=243120.msg2762377;topicseen#msg2762377
Babylegs lots of fun colors/stripes/cute prints
Knit/crochet or knit fabric arm warmers - cute designs, stripes, polka dots, anything girly
Knit/crochet leg warmers - cute designs, stripes, polka dots, anything girly

I love the bug outfit and shopping cart cover seen here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=243120.msg2781157;topicseen#msg2781157

Blankets/Quilts Can be as simple or as decorative as you wish. Can be sewn or knitted/crocheted. Some of my favs:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=249710.0

Artwork for the walls. There is sort of a Disney Theme in their room. But Id also love their names in sign language like in a frame or maybe a cute fairy or robot. Something cutesy and kiddish. Could be a painting, collage, or whatever you could think of. Some ideas:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=209949.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=198503.msg2104816#msg2104816
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_21&listing_id=13580689

Cute bath scrubbies, any design:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=209104.0

Or anything cute you can think of or that you are good at making, pm me with your ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008 04:32:04 PM »

I claim kaymadben for cute bath scrubbies

1st claim, none sent, none recvd

My name is Lissa and I was born and raised in Colorful Colorado, USA.  I am a stay at home mommy to my 9 year old tomboy daughter, my 3 year old active princess, and my newborn baby boy.   I am getting ready for Christmas and would really love to receive things that the kids would love to open up on Christmas morning.

We have smoke allergies so please be sure that items are smoke free when they are sent.

*Knitted Hobo Gloves (or Glittens) for one of my girls (age 10 and 3) ~ is that what they are called?  Fingerless gloves with the mitten top that fold over your fingers?
*Knitted, Crochet, or Felt Food for play ~  We would really love to get a cake, produce, pizza, or any other fun food you want to make. (We have a sandwich and pancakes)
*Poly Clay Bottle Cap necklace for my 3 year old using something like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=253824.0  I really like the animals and bugs
*Knitted interlaced baby rings like these: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/katiebell/uh-ohs
*Bow Holder ~ for my daughters huge hair bow collection
*Fun Hair Bows for my 3 year old ~ lots of ideas in my wists.  The more creative the better or the more ribbon the better
*Baby Alligator Scarf like this one: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-alligator-scarf
*Baby Space invader hat  http://www.instructables.com/id/Baby-Space-Invader-Hat/
*Baby Flame Hat http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flame-on
*Animal Amigurami ~ hermit crab, turtle, octopus, we would love any part of the farm animals and barnset on my wists
* Bento Stuff (I'm a noob) for school lunches or to take to the barn with her
*Pleat Baghttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178244.0   (she would love something that didnt have kiddie prints on it.
* decorated clothespins ex: http://www.wists.com/MommytheMaid/eb1c6932a65b1f487ea852ff2e3feb0e?offset=0 [/b]
* knitted socks   for Toddler shoe size 8
* knitted slippers in a womens size small (cannot believe her feet are that big)
* Boutique-ish clothes for Toddler girl size 4
* Robeez type shoes for 6 month old
*Boutique-ish clothes for 6, 9, or 12 month boy
* monkey pants  http://www.wists.com/MommytheMaid/925642b2e0f2a06ca9d367561f57e3d3?offset=60
 I would KILL for the pattern if someone has one or can figure it out.
* double knit star scarf http://www.wists.com/MommytheMaid/9772b2b3518f2bb060bc1079cba59e5d?offset=60
* taggie ball

Supplies I dont mind used/cut supplies at all as long as it functions.

*Ottobre childrens magazines or patterns ~ I have 3/2005,  any other issues would be great no matter how old they are.
*Patterns for Olivia dress, Redondo, or Anna Dress.  Or other boutique style outfits for toddler girls.  (specifically about size 4T)
*Toddler Girls swim suit and leotard patterns (need size 4 and up) 
*Rowan Denim Yarn in Nashville #225 (dark indigo): 2 skeins and Tennessee #231 (light blue) 1 skein, or something similar so that I can make these: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTblu.html  (or if you really want to you can make them for me lol)
* any fun novelty fabrics 1 yd lengths would be really awesome
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008 04:37:14 PM by MommyTheMaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grange Insurance Audubon Center: Interior
Case Study: Grange Insurance Audubon Center
COLOUR ONE Exihibt Setup by Scholten and Baijing
Preparation of the Installation COLOUR ONE For MINI
The Engadget Show: Inside the Mind of Designer Philippe Starck
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...