i have been 0bsessively studying bent0 & all the rad-ness that g0es al0ng w/ it & i w0uld l0ve 2 share w/ y0u all my success @ making!SPICY TUNA 0NIGIRI!
-prepared sushi/sticky rice
-1 can o' tuna
-1 tbsp. sri-racha, dash of Tapatio sauce 0r s0me f0rm 0f preferred spicy sauce
-1 1/2 tbsp. may0
-salt & peppa
-THINLY sliced cucumber
-black and white sesame seeds( i did n0t have any black s0 i used p0ppy seeds instead)
i L000VE this stuff, it's the shit! made by a c0mpany called "the ginger pe0ple" see, l00k h0w much i l0ve it!!!
-b0wl 0f water 2 dip hands in
-salt 2 sprinkle 0n hands
-b0wl 2 place & help shape 0nigiri inReady?!?!
1) drain liquid fr0m tuna
2) stir in may0, spicy sauce, and dash 0f salt & peppa!
3) refridgerate 4 ab0ut 20-30 min. , 0ptional
1) cut a strip 0f nori vertical-like this:
2) place sum sushi rice in b0wl ( an am0unt big en0ugh 2 shape in yer hands).
place a d0llup 0f tuna and slice 0r tw0 0f cucumber in center. it must me thin s0 that its plyable:
3) dip yer hands in yer b0wl 0f water and sprinkle salt on 0ne hand then rub them t0gether
4) with yer hands f0ld the rice 0ver the tuna & cucumber and then begin shaping it int0 a ball.
for this 2 w0rk well the rice sh0uld be sticky. and the water & salt 0n yer hands really helps t00! :
5) begin shaping it into a triangle. i d0n't kn0w h0w 2 describe this in w0rds but here's yet an0ther picture 2 sh0w ya
6) sprinkle sesame seeds all 0ver that cute lil triangle!
7) dip yer finger in the water and run it acr0ss yer strip 0' n0ri. wrap it ar0und the base 0f the
triangle. y0u may need t0 cut 0ff the excess strip 0r wrap it all tha way ar0und, it's up 2 y0u. AND L00K @ THAT CUTE LIL FUCKER, D0NT U WANT 2 JUST GOBBLE IT UP!!!!
BUT WAIT! d0nt f0rget the delici0us ginger and av0cad0 garnish... tadaaaa!!!!
yay! i h0pe this makes u guys want 2 make it. i had s0 much fun! next 0nes i'll be filling w/ thin strips 0f teriyaki steak s0 they're husband friendly
p.s. this cute vid 0n y0utube really taught me al0t :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3DUjAG2ck