A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
787 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Brother XL-2600 feed  (Read 359 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

birgitmaus
« on: August 02, 2008 04:55:20 PM »

Hi Everyone:
I'm hoping someone can help me out - at least give me an idea of what the issue might be in this case. I'm new to sewing and machines so if this is a really obvious question, forgive me.
My machine doesn't feed the fabric through when I'm sewing - it just stays in one place and creates a knot! This just started happening today and I've done all the stuff that seemed obvious to me like removing the bobbin and checking to make sure there wasn't a thread jam, rethreading, etc. I've had the machine for about a month and it's been working fine up until today (got it used on craigslist- the previous owner had it for about six months and only used it a few times).
If anyone has a general idea, or if it seems like I just need to take it to a sewing shop to get it checked out, let me know!
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
birgitmaus
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008 05:01:15 PM »

Just wanted to say that I did check the feeder and it seems to be working - at least it's moving up and down with the needle, which I assume is "working."
 Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpottedFrog
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008 08:22:21 AM »

That big birdnest of thread underneath is a common sign of either a jammed thread or threading the machine wrong. It's totally possible (and downright frequent on some models) for the thread to just jump out of the tension disks, off a looper or some other thing while sewing. It doesn't mean you threaded it wrong Smiley It is rarely cause for service, just a thorough going over of the machine.

When I have an issue the very first thing I do is take the spool completely off the machine & the bobbin out. Not doing so doesn't really give you a clear view of errant threads, dust bunnies, etc. Odd things like the thread getting caught in it's nich for storage become obvious when you do this, but often are hard to spot if you just look at it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
birgitmaus
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008 05:03:09 PM »

Thanks for the tips, Penlowe! I spent a few days coming home from work, sitting down, taking it apart *again* and looking for something wrong and then being really sad I couldn't sew, only to come home tonight to realize I'd accidentally turned the dial to a stretch fabric setting while I was at my friend's house at our sewing circle.
Duhhhhhh. Tongue
Yet another one of those stories for the record book, like when I lost my debit card *underneath my car* for a few days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 28/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 29/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 23/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 24/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 22/29
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...