A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,523
Currently Running With Scissors:
539 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FRIENDS TV Show Swap (Sign-ups CLOSED; Sendouts Extended to 9/27)  (Read 14424 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008 11:30:29 PM »

I would really love to do this swap but i'm not sure if my crafting abilities are up to par.
Does anyone have a link to past FRIENDS swaps so that I could look at project ideas?? Thanks
I really hope I can join in the fun and not just watch from the sidelines!!

Hey hon, I don't think there has been a Friends swap before. At least I couldn't find one, but it's kind of a pain to search for the word "friends" lol, you get about a million returns!

I looked at your profile and your papercrafts look awesome! And there are so many images/quotes from Friends, I can think of a million things that lend themselves really well to your main craft...journals, decopauged frames, scrapbooks, a re-creation of the quiz they did when the boys won the girls' apartment, creating your own friends quiz game... all kinds of stuff!

Anyhow, no pressure  Wink but I think if you have a love for the swap theme and a desire to give your partner a good package, it will turn out well received! You can look in my first post and in the swap ideas thread and there are a few different project ideas listed too.  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=242177.0
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008 11:30:55 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
santacruzsugar
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008 10:19:42 PM »

"Do you get frustrated when you quote the show and other people do not know what youre talking about?"<------YES!!!

I'm making my boyfriend watch all of them so he understands my references. My fellow friends-fanatic girl friends are at least 3 hours away and my life is just not complete without someone understanding what I'm talking about. We've finished the first season and he still can't get the claps right. It drives me mad.

I will defiantly sign up! I just have to think of my favorites to fill out the questionnaire!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

santacruzsugar
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008 10:55:54 PM »

I just sent in my questionnaire and afterwards went and looked at the original brainstorming thread and remembered SO many more of my favorites....uggg. Having a list of three was not enough!

I can't wait to start working on this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008 12:26:42 AM »

"Do you get frustrated when you quote the show and other people do not know what youre talking about?"<------YES!!!

I'm making my boyfriend watch all of them so he understands my references. My fellow friends-fanatic girl friends are at least 3 hours away and my life is just not complete without someone understanding what I'm talking about. We've finished the first season and he still can't get the claps right. It drives me mad.

I will defiantly sign up! I just have to think of my favorites to fill out the questionnaire!!!

I'm making my boyfriend watch them too! I'm pretty lucky that my sister in law and my best friend love it too, we have marathons!

I just sent in my questionnaire and afterwards went and looked at the original brainstorming thread and remembered SO many more of my favorites....uggg. Having a list of three was not enough!

I can't wait to start working on this!

Yeah, I did the same thing, if you figure 10 seasons x about 24 episodes each...and there are probably awesome quotes from each episode, it's hard to remember everything! When we get partners we can tell them what we forgot to add on the questionnaire!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008 06:36:53 AM »

Yeah, I did the same thing, if you figure 10 seasons x about 24 episodes each...and there are probably awesome quotes from each episode, it's hard to remember everything! When we get partners we can tell them what we forgot to add on the questionnaire!

thank goodness because filling out the questionaire felt like taking the SATs..after I hit send I came up with a whole bunch of new stuff..especially after talking about it to my husband..he came up with a while bunch more stuff..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
Kimberly_Star
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008 07:09:31 AM »

I'm SO jealous of everyone that is able to participate in this swap!  I would sign up in a heart-beat if I weren't spread so thin right now.  Our routine every weeknight is; get home, work out, sit down to dinner and watch Friends!  We have the entire season on dvd, so we watch the series from start to finish and then start over from the beginning.  That show never gets old!  (Oh, and we've been following this routine pretty much since we moved in together in 2002; we just added each dvd set as they came out.) 

I will definitely be watching this swap and can't wait to see the wonderful Friends crafts that come out of it.  I'll be crossing my fingers that there'll be a round 2 when I'm done with the chaos of the next three months!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
santacruzsugar
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008 06:18:29 PM »

At work I kept thinking of quotes and scenes I'd want to tell my partner that I enjoyed.  I was writing them down on post-its and sticking them on my desk. Hopefully no one will think I'm crazy if they read them and all they see are "Princess Conswalla Banana Hammock", "Regina Phillange", and "Hi. This is my husband Crap Bag"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008 03:28:12 AM »

santacruzsugar - I had forgotten those three names!  That made me giggle out loud. Cheesy 

I think this will be so much fun!  I sent in my questionnaire and it took me awhile to fill it out.  I was online looking at scripts from all 10 seasons! Smiley  I only own 2 seasons - hubby said he didn't know I wanted them all!!  What kind of crazy hubby is he?  So I'm expecting the rest to come.

Just as a little note for MareMare:  I'll be internet-less from Friday Noon - Monday 8am.  I'll be off camping/rafting.  So if I don't post, that's why! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008 10:12:23 PM »

I woke up last night thinking about Phoebe's dollhouse, with the ghost and the aromatherapy room!

FYI guys~I'm having some arthritis problems right now, so not getting online a lot, but I am trying to get you added to the swap as quickly as I can after I get the questionaires! So if I don't PM back super quickly, I will be on with 24-48 hrs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bigfatroses
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008 09:30:00 AM »

I don't think I'll have feedback in time to sign up  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Brown Rice: The Ultimate Good-For-You Grain
Kylie and Kendall Share Their Fave Red Carpet Looks
Kylie and Kendall Share Their Best Makeup Tips
Watch Little Mix on Seventeen Style Diaries!
Stay Pretty All Summer With This Waterproof Makeup!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...