A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Attempt at a "Primp" Hoodie.  (Read 5032 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Chillychick
Officially Insane

Garden State is Love.

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2005 08:02:12 PM »

Alright So I saw the thread in "designer homage" for the primp hoodie. Jessica simpson wears them all the time and they go on ebay for $150. I just took a regular old navy hoodie that I had and splattered it with white paint. I found out I didn't have any bleach so the white paint was a subsitute. I printed out a picture someone had taken of the ice cream on the back of a primp hoodie and coloured it in with markers and pencil crayons. I then scanned it back in an printed that puppy out. I ironed on it and then realized I used clear iron-on paper and not white so I'll have to try it again when I get bleach and another sweater. So after that long-winded post here are the pictures. If anyone wants the iron-on picture let me know, I can post it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Chillychick/fronticecream.jpg

Front of hoodie.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Chillychick/backicecream.jpg
Back. If you notice there is a spot in the icecream cone where the paint burned when I was ironing it on. Shhh.  Wink
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012 01:53:21 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neonlily-Assorted junk for your pleasure.
pixiewhip

violently cute

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005 08:24:04 PM »

Nice job.  I would love it if you posted the icecream cone when you have a moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
everything_is_free
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005 08:28:21 PM »

your version is 500% better than theirs. I cannot believe that they can sell such novelty sweatshirts for such a ridiculous price!!!!  Shocked

not to knock the hoodie, cause i really do live your version, but i think there is something really wrong with the world when the second Jessica Simpson grabs a god-awful louis vuitton name-dropping purse or puts on a paint splattered hoodie, millions of girls worldwide say 'i've gotta have it! here! here's all my money!'

sorry, i had to let that out, i guess i've been holding on to it for awhile!

I think the melted paint part looks fine...there is lots of leeway for splatter paint.

kudos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now, my story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say "dickety" 'cause the Kaiser had stolen our word "twenty". I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles
Chillychick
Officially Insane

Garden State is Love.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005 08:42:34 PM »

I know I hate the attention Jessica Simpson gets for not doing anything at all. I actually only heard about this "primp" phenomenon today when I was looking in Designer Homage. I also have a louis vutton purse but I got it for $20. *coughfleamarketcough* I just like telling people that I got it for $20 and I can't wait to tell the people at my school that I made this.  Grin
Pixiewhip: I'll post the ice cream cone picture when I get a chance. It's on my other computer so I can put it up later tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neonlily-Assorted junk for your pleasure.
Pink Hula

Shala for a week

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005 10:39:11 PM »

cool
 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shala shala shala
alisasaur
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005 09:37:30 AM »

that looks awesome.  I'm the one who made the post over in designer homage.  i went out last night searching for a plain pink hoodie, yet I DID NOT FIND ONE!!  Fortunately, I live right by the gap/old navy/banana republic clearance store (literally, 1 minute away!) so I can go get a hoodie for cheap!   Unfortunately, I didn't think about this last night!! haha

For mine, I created an icecream cone in paintshop pro (and it's actually pretty good for me, haha) & then I ironed it on to white t-shirt fabric.  Then, I was planning on sewing it onto the hoodie, with a small black zig zag stitch.  I am definitely going to wash it by hand, though, because I'm afraid the iron on will get messed up in the wash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katiebug
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005 02:12:22 PM »

I know I hate the attention Jessica Simpson gets for not doing anything at all. I actually only heard about this "primp" phenomenon today when I was looking in Designer Homage. I also have a louis vutton purse but I got it for $20. *coughfleamarketcough* I just like telling people that I got it for $20 and I can't wait to tell the people at my school that I made this.  Grin
Pixiewhip: I'll post the ice cream cone picture when I get a chance. It's on my other computer so I can put it up later tomorrow.

I love the joy of getting good stuff cheap.  Like the shirt I'm wearing... why pay full price when you can get it on clearance?

Nice hoodie, I'm feeling very inspired
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?" -Ben Franklin

http://lemonsicle.blogspot.com/
abfabfashionista

chucks are nifty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005 07:29:02 AM »

wow! i can't believe how authentic all these homemade primp outfits look! I really want to try this! Can you PLEASE post the ice cream cone? I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.
- coco chanel
redpumps
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005 07:31:32 AM »

OH MY!!!!!

ive seen those hoodies and sweat pants and skirt sets so many times and think they are soooo cute and way way way too expencive!! yours looks so good! it looks just like the real ones!

GOOD JOB!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennie111585
Hi Ya

I LUV DIY PROJECTS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005 03:42:17 PM »

lol Thats cute  Grin nice job.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*Jennie*
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Four Leg Box
How to Fold an Origami Rocket
How to make Homemade Halloween Decorations
How to make origami claws
How to Fold Origami Wizards Hat
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...