A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,689
Currently Running With Scissors:
766 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wool Socks in August -- oh well  (Read 696 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wickedgoodknitta
Would like to be a wicked betta knitta!

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2008 10:54:53 AM »

After being on the needle (1 circular) for months, I finally finished these socks this morning. (I had to send the family ahead on a visit and I'll catch up in a few days, so I could have some much needed quiet time.)

Here's a close-up of the fun pattern:

These took me so long, because of various non-crafty distractions, that I started to get grouchy  Angry, but I can honestly say this was a fun knit and the pattern (Froot Loop from knitty.com) came out cute  Kiss. I will be saving them for a gift, probably for my daughter's horseback riding teacher. I hope they are long enough.

Next up, a plain sock, but I'm going to try toe up and two on the needle at the same time, both of which are new for me. Then, the Ravelympics!!

Go USA and Team Red Sox Nation.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008 04:43:01 AM by wickedgoodknitta » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Go Red Sox!
lurv2knit
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008 11:05:33 AM »

They are gorgeous. What yarn did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftycavy

Sammy 2006-2009

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008 11:06:18 AM »

Those are really cute!  Grin I thought the pattern was so-so when it came out, but after seeing these, I might try it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wheeek! wheeeek! add me on ravelry: craftycavy
wickedgoodknitta

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008 11:16:09 AM »

They are gorgeous. What yarn did you use?

Thanks. I'm glad you like them. I used a yarn I got on etsy from dkKnits. (I don't know if I'm allowed to link to it here.) She dyes herself and gives the colors all kinds of fun names. I don't remember the exact name of this color, but it is from the Technicolor Dream Toes line. I have a bunch more different shades in my stash. They are really fun and a really smooth knit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Go Red Sox!
crocodisle
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008 03:38:53 PM »

They're very pretty. The purple bits are the same colour as this grape shampoo my grandma bought for me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed
Then we should feed our jewelry to the sea
For diamonds do appear to be
Just like broken glass to me.

The northern downpour sends its love.
Marnie B
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008 03:54:36 PM »

Nicely done and what a beautiful color!  You used one long circular and I have been changing my methods to 2 circular knitting needles to combate second sock syndrome.  I just started blogging about my sock adventure today.
http://somersetknits.blogspot.com/ Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008 04:31:38 PM »

Those are so nice! Finishing in summer is perfect because when fall comes you'll be ready Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
wickedgoodknitta

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008 04:34:53 PM »

Nicely done and what a beautiful color!  You used one long circular and I have been changing my methods to 2 circular knitting needles to combate second sock syndrome.  I just started blogging about my sock adventure today.
http://somersetknits.blogspot.com/ Cheesy

Thanks for the feedback everyone. (A question for Marnie (or anyone else who would like to chime in: What is the advantage to two circular needles versus one on the magic loop for two socks at a time?  I am in the midst of the heel turn for my first set of toe-ups, two on one circular needle. I saw a tip online about putting the two balls of yarn in a Ziploc and zipping the middle and letting the yarn from each ball feed out of each corner of the "zipper." This has been very successful for me in avoiding tangles. It has gone fast, but I've been on a mini-vacation this week, so I've put many more hours in than usual. The only thing is that the stockinette is boring, but I figured changing to toe-up, two at a time was enough of a challenge without mixing in a stitch pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Go Red Sox!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Setting up Microsoft Word Import Options
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Selecting, Adjusting and Filling Text Frames
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Changing the Basic Paragraph Style
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Organizing Elements in the Layers Palette
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating Frames for Text and Graphics
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...