A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
847 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery August 2008  (Read 4690 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2008 04:46:14 AM »

Smiley  Cheesy  Grin This swap gallery is intended as a way to recognize all the wonderful personal swaps that are done in this community!   Grin  Cheesy  Smiley

Personal swaps are not encouraged or supported by Craftster.  This is only a thread to post pictures from your personal experiences.  Personal swaps are not and cannot be tracked in Swap Feedback on profiles and should not be linked to Craftster's Organized Swaps in any way.

Folks who have participated in a personal swap and wish to share pictures of the items they have sent and received may do so by posting in this gallery.

Please note that this gallery is meant for those who have had a good experience with their personal swaps!  This is not the place to air your grievances about being "flaked" on...please keep it positive and give love to those awesome personal swappers! Wink

Each month a new gallery will be started.  If you have received from a personal/private swap, within the month, feel free to post pictures here!   Grin

Or browse previous galleries...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
RepentantAngel
Empress of the World At Large

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008 08:39:07 PM »

Am I seriously going to get the first post of August?! Yay!!

Okay, so I swapped with KairiGurl. I swapped her an amigurumi turtle and a long, skinny mobius scarf for some shrinky dink earrings!!!

This was as close as I could take the pictures and have them in focus.
Okay, here we go:

My chief desire, R2-D2. The detail is amazing!!

Next, Pikachu! *says 'Pikachu' in Pikachu's voice*

Then, I choose you, Squirtle!! (I play too much Pokemon Red...)

And, finally, a saucy little pin-up girl! I had a bit of trouble taking pictures of this pair, because she is so detailed. I hope you all can see. The pictures don't do these justice.

This swap was great. KairiGurl and I both had some issues at mailing time, but we managed to both mail out and recieve at about the same time!

This was her first swap, and if you want some awesome stuff, I suggest you pounce on this 'lil chickadee!!!

Thanks again KairiGurl!

R.A.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people have midnight snacks.
I have midnight amigurumis. ^_^

www.yarncreations.w ordpress.com

"Oh, Ackbar. You dumb, dumb, dumb fish man."
---My boyfriend
nicolatte
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008 12:07:12 AM »

I just finished my first personal swap with the amazing Rainbow_Storms!! We had such a great swap, and she sent me some awesome stuff Grin We did storebought and 2 crafted items, I love them all! 

First off, here's all the PAPER she sent me! She sent me so much it was hard to picture them and show off all the patterns Cheesy

All the other goodies she sent; ribbon, stickers, beads and food!! I love PayDay bars, but we don't get them here in Canada, and she sent me some yummy tea too. Oh, and 2 Butterfingers were already gone by time I took pics Lips sealed

These are the crafted items she sent me, an Owl necklace and the uber CUTE kitty necklace I love soo much!

.. I also got these really cute felted flowers to hang up, so soft!

Such a fun swap, thanks again Rainbow_Storms!! Cheesy
 ~ Nicole
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all of my jewelry : www.ShiningIsFree.e tsy.com
Rainbow_Storms
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008 06:45:44 AM »

And here are all of my beautiful things from nicolatte! I can't begin to describe what an awesome job she did on everything!!! I wanted kawaii/japanese stuff, and she went above and beyond!! If you are ever partnered with nico, you should consider yourself uber-lucky!

The stuff she bought-

Cute Racoon Notebook

2 Sets of cute stationery (Sorry about the first pic, I can't figure out why it's like that...)

A notepad w/ two different patterns

A cool pencil box (it even has a little tray inside!

Cool food erasers and cute animal erasers

A beautiful fan

The super cute card she sent!

Some Hello Kitty and happy food stickers & a sticker book

(yeah, she sent a ton of stuff!!)

Finally, the two things she made-
An adorable little beaded dragonfly

and the most gorgeous earrings! Everyone I've showed is soo jealous.

OH, she also sent some chocolate/strawberry candies (they were gone... so no pictures!  Cheesy) And a really cute cell phone charm that was two cherries w/ little kawaii faces.. I'd packed that off somewhere and it didn't make it into the pictures. So yeah, I was definitely spoiled! Thanks so much, nicolatte, this was an awesome swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! Just PM me!

I've recently gotten into blythes; check out my blog about mine here:
http://saffron42.livejournal.com
http://deliagrey.etsy.com
KairiGurl
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008 09:39:55 PM »

Ahhhhh! Posting pictures of my swap stuff has totally slipped my mind! Sad I'm sorry. Anywho. I did a swap with RepentantAngel. She gave me a super cute amigurumi turtle and a fun scarf. Both in purple. Which I adore. I love them!!

Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008 08:08:57 AM »

That turtle is ADORABLE!  In my FOCR swap this month someone is offering a turtle just like him, in blue, with a tape measure inside!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008 08:29:48 AM »

I think this may have been received in July, but Hollistercobabe will be receiving this month, and I forgot to post earlier... so here's a package she sent me for a personal swap!

First of all, the personal swap started with her offer of (postage) stamps... since I collect them, and she had plenty! So she sent me a whole stack of stamps, including some special ones, as well as a stamp collecting magazine! That part I don't have a picture of.

But during our discussions, the swap grew a bit bigger... so she sent me some crafted items too!

First of all, there was a resin gears necklace (which I assume was inspired by some of the ones on my wists!).. not the greatest photo, but it does the job!

And then we've got an amigurumi cupcake that will also be a suitable pin cushion, as well as another resin item - a bracelet with stamps in it!

Thanks Hollistercobabe! It was fun personal swapping with you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008 09:14:10 AM »

I did a personal swap with Atsuko!  I made her a green monkey bag that she wanted, and she made me this awesome shirt for my hubby for christmas:

For anyone not in the know, that is the crest of Hyrule, and my hubby is a total Zelda nerd.

She also sent along this bracelet, which is totally mine!

Sorry for the dark pics, but my camera's battery was dying, and I couldn't take multiple shots!
Thanks so much Atsuko!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008 04:21:13 AM »

This is the awesome monkey bag that Superhooker made for me.  Smiley
Doesn't it just make you smile?  Thank you soooo much!!!   I can't tell you how long I've been wanting this bag.  You really are the best!

She also included this sweet magnet set for Lana (Yes, not only is she a spoiler, but she's remembers your kiddos too).  Thank you Auntie Superhooker!!

I'm glad you liked everything so far Superhooker.  I am almost done with your birdie pillow covers.  I screened successfully last night and will be sewing this weekend.  I am really happy with them so far.  Smiley  Sorry for the delay...hopefully it will be worth it.

Have a great weekend!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008 12:43:05 PM »

I recently did a personal swap with the Holistic Knitter, a new Craftster member, but someone I've known from Blogland for a while. She hadn't been a member long enough to participate in the Hippy swap, so we did a personal swap with a loosely hippy theme.
This is what she sent me:

A notebook (I love notebooks - I have an atrocious memory and write everything down!) with a removable cover:

Wrist cuffs in my favourite colours of black and purple with the peace symbol on them

An ohm butterfly patch

A hand knotted silk dragonfly brooch

Gorgeous mushroom stitch markers

This sweet little fairy phone charm

and this lovely flowered hairclip

and some handmade notecards with and ohm design. Thank you for a wonderful swap Lynda, I love what you made for me!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cajun Spice Rub Recipe
Maine Lobster Salad with Chef Andrew Masciangelo
Rib ‘n Chicken Spice Rub Recipe
How to make a Vegetable Egg Bake Recipe
Cheezy Quackers Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...