A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap - August 08  (Read 8125 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gavagai
« on: August 01, 2008 12:51:35 AM »

If something is not clear, please feel free to ask in the discussion thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=260942.0 or PM me, gavagai!

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: gavagai
Sign-up date range: the full month of August
Date to send item by: within 2 weeks of being claimed
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Age requirement? 18+

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES

Details of swap:
If you a) have crafts lying around that you've made
    or  b) want to de-stash supplies or
    or  c) enjoy making things for other people
...then this swap is for you! It's a lot like the Ongoing Wish Swap, except instead of posting what you want to receive, you'll post what you want to give.  To join you must have at least five things that you have made/would like to make/want to trade.

This is an ongoing swap, feel free to join up at any time this month! To join, first send a Personal Message to organizer gavagai with the following questionnaire info. Once you are approved, you are free to claim something from the most recent list posted, and then post your own list.

...and that's it, basically
  Cheesy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap - August 08
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (you must be to join):
Confirm that are at least 18 years old (yes/no):
Your list of at least five items (crafts you can make/have ready-made or details of supplies you wish to offer), detailed description not necessary:
Have you read the swap info (in this post) carefully and commit to follow the rules of the swap?:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.  http://craftster.org/swapsinfo.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an ongoing swap: Claim an item from the list of the last person who posted, and post your own list in response. It makes a chain. When we get to the end of the month, the very last person to post a list will be the first person to post a list at the beginning of the next month, if Craftsters decide to organize a new round at that time.

At the top of your claim post, state how many claims you have made this month, and how many of those are outstanding (i.e. the recipient has not yet received the item).

Claims Allowed (Outstanding):3
Claims made so far: 4
Sendouts Not Sent:1
Sendouts Sent:2
Sendouts in Transit:1
Sendouts Received:1

Remember your outstanding claim limit for this round:
Friend of Craftster: Three (become a Friend of Craftster!)
First-Time Swapper: One
Everyone Else: Two

This is how many pending at a time you may have. As soon as one of your packages is received then you may claim again.

Your list of offerings: if your list stays up for more than 48 hours before someone claims from it, you must add something to it. You can also allow claimers to add more items together to make a claim (i.e. they don't seem to be biting on your earrings, so now they can take two pairs for a single claim instead of just one.) If you are having trouble coming up with stuff to add, consider offering a small item to be custom made for the person who claims from you. This can be conditioned on using stash items if you wish. Remember that it must be something that you can complete in two weeks, unless your partner agrees otherwise.

Once someone claims from you, you have two weeks to get the package in the mail.  Please contact the organizer by personal message when you send the package and when you receive a package so everyone gets credit.

ALSO: Please make sure to post to the discussion thread so you stay up on any updates! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=223906.0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not sign up unless you are willing to send outside of your country.

Check out the previous rounds if you need help figuring out the scope of what to put on your list. It is typically in the $5-$15 range, from a half a yard to a couple yards of fabric depending on weight and fanciness, crafted accessories, grab bags of yarn, beads, buttons and notions, things of that nature.

Photos and the Gallery: Whenever possible, include pictures of the items you're offering in your posts. When you receive, it is important for you to thank your partner, be courteous and communicative, but a lot of the items are premade or stash, so posting pictures in the Gallery isn't crucial. The exception to this is when something is custom-made for you in this swap. And if you make something with supplies you receive in this swap, we want to see it!

Delivery Confirmation numbers are mandatory for people in the U.S. sending to other people in the U.S., and everyone else must keep their receipts.

This round of the swap will close around midnight, on the official Craftster clock, August 31st. Feedback will be given on September 1st for all participants who have no pending claims. Everyone whose packages haven't been received will get feedback once the package reaches its destination.

Reminders/Summary:
1. Make sure to PM both me and who you sent to when you send out, with DC number if you are both in US.
2. Make sure to PM both me and who you receive from when you receive.
3. As soon as you claim something from someone, shoot them a PM with your address so that they have it and don't have to chase you down later.
4. Lets keep this swap moving, Please try to stay on top of adding new things/combining items into one claim if your list stays up more than a couple days, or the organizer will hunt you down and remind you.
5. Post pics in the gallery if someone makes you something custom or you make something from supplies you receive. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=137907.0
6. Lets try to keep this thread for lists as much as possible to save on confusion. If your list is up, you may post a "bump" after you have added something new/combined your items, but otherwise please try to post all questions/comments/requests/whatever into our discussion thread. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=223906.0
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 11:18:03 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
gavagai
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008 01:51:39 AM »

Approved swappers:

3 Outstanding Claims Allowed:
aspenwall
AsphaltQueen
gavagai
maezen
tcha345
purpleone
TwiztidBlood

2 Outstanding Claims Allowed:
Annchen
kartiana

1 Outstanding Claim Allowed:
tsarinaerika
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008 04:26:44 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
gavagai
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008 01:54:07 AM »

Sendout dates

Not sent
Sent
Sent and received
Late with communication
Late without communication. PM me immediately!

send by Aug. 18

plucky1_08 to gavagai - flower beads

send by Aug. 19

gavagai to Annchen - nestlace and five stamps

Annchen to kartiana - Piece of thin white/orange/yellow fabric and Grab-bag (envelope)

kartiana to gavagai - fabric

send by Aug. 21

gavagai to tsarinaerika - pirate and lace bag from the pick 2 section, and from the stamps I would love: Row 1 - Stamp 3, Row 2 - Stamps 1 &2, Row 3 - Stamp 1 and Row 5 - Stamp 4

send by Aug. 25

tsarinaerika to twiztidblood - #4 Merry Moose sewing project fabric and #7 3 potholders with flower outlines for needlework (all three are the smae flower)

send by Sept. 4

twiztidblood to kartiana -
Set of 30 Fabric Squares, various fabrics of any size you choose (from the claim 2 section)
Flower Beads (from the claim 4 section)
1 yard of rainbow elastic (from the claim 4 section)

send by Sept. 11

kartiana to tcha345 - purple hand made paper

tcha345 to gavagai - yarn#1
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008 12:13:43 PM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gavagai
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008 01:56:28 AM »

The first post this month is the last post from July's swap. So go ahead and claim so we can get this thing started!  Grin

This is my first claim so if I do this wrong let me know  Grin

I claim the Australian Handmade Magazine and the gold frame (I believe they were both in the choose 2 section)

Claims:1
Claims Allowed (Outstanding):3
Sendouts Not Sent:0
Sendouts Sent:0
Sendouts in Transit:0
Sendouts Received:0

Here is what I have to offer......

Choose One:

NEW...Empty compacts, tins, containers, etc.  I've added 5 or 6 small boxes, tins, since this photo was taken. So you will get about 12 different pieces.   http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/1187.JPG[/img]

NEW...NO PIC:  Marble Magnet grab bag...you will get 12 Marbles some will be magnets already and some will just have the pic already glued on ready for you to use in your crafting. 

NEW...NO PIC:  8 1/2 x 11 envelope full of paper, stickers, book pages, etc.  All sorts of paper goodness.

Green diamond material...Just over 4 ft wide and 6 1/2 ft long

Misc beads grab bag-you get both bags

Candle making supplies...red candle gel...shimmer dust...gold marker
 for decorating...6 tea light molds...I've had this for a little while but
 nothing is dried up. 

Paintable wooden plaques...blue flower rub ons...2 foam stamps (sun and ships wheel) 

Purple and green flower beads

Choose 2 as 1 claim:

5 large wood beads (about an inch and a half to 2 inches in length)

Scrap fabric and ribbon grab bag...all pretty small pieces.  Just added another couple of pieces.

Colored crackeled marbles

Small baggie of about 100 clear plastic beads

« Last Edit: August 02, 2008 08:34:56 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

plucky1_08

Breath In. Breath Out. Move On.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008 10:18:35 AM »

Basically the same but changed a few things around and added a couple things.

My offerings:

----Choose One----   

Green diamond material...Just over 4 ft wide and 6 1/2 ft long. I had this on my
 walls for a while so there are some hems glued in around the edges.

Candle making supplies...red candle gel...shimmer dust...gold marker
 for decorating...6 tea light molds...I've had this for a little while but
 nothing is dried up. 

Paintable wooden plaques...blue flower rub ons...2 foam stamps (sun and ships wheel) 

Purple and green flower beads

8 1/2 x 11 envelope full of paper goodies

New Misc compacts, watch cases, mini boxes, cases.  I have added more boxes and such to this so you will get about 12 pieces total.

----Choose 2 as 1 claim----

Misc beads grab bag

5 large wood beads (about an inch and a half to 2 inches in length)

Scrap fabric and ribbon grab bag...all pretty small pieces. Added a few new pieces to this bag.

Colored crackeled marbles

Small baggie of about 100 clear plastic beads

NEW Photo Album--mini album holds 24 pics

NEW Pair of purple/white plastic star earrings (sorry for blurry pic)

NEW NO PIC Pre Marble magnet grab bag--you will get 6 pre marble magnets...photos will be glued on and ready to be turned into magnets, thumbtacks, whatever u like.

New green and blue plastic dangle earrings. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gavagai
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008 03:30:48 PM »

O.k. Let's get this swap going. I claim the flower beads from plucky1_08 please!  Smiley

Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 3
Claims Made: 1

The bags I make are of different sizes. I always write approximate size next to the descriptions (measured laying flat). Make sure to read! Smiley

Pick 1!

Patchwork skulls and skeleton (and some other stuff  Cheesy) tote. Could be carried over your shoulder. A striking mix of bold fabrics, about 11"x12".

The lacybag. Shoulderbag. Not a very sturdy kind of bag (as you can see from photo), but good looking.  Grin I like how this one turned out. It's patchwork and added vintage lace. The lining has a subtle flower pattern. Measures about 15"x13".

Happy cat bag! Bag in happy colours with a retro feel. Patchwork. Constructed like a tote bag. Laying flat the bag measures about 10"x12" Carry in hand. Handle has a cute silver on black zipper look pattern. 2 points

...or pick 2!

Nestlace! Silver plated birds nest with handpainted glass beads as eggs (not painted by me though)! Only 1/2 claim! (I think the eggs look a bit too big for the nest, and not really my taste with the decorated glass beads as eggs, also you don't get a chain with this nestlace... hence the 1/2 claim sale)

Pirate and lace tote (about 10"x8"), black lining.

Crocheted necklace with bobbles! Red wine and champagne!  Smiley Can be worn in several different ways.

Ninja necklace with black cotton(?) cord.

I got this wall plate in a swap. It's in perfect condition (never opened) and I really like it, but sadly it doesn't fit Swedish wall plate measurements.  Sad

A mouse pad!  Cheesy Just a plain simple red mouse pad. I bought these some time ago and meant to do something crafty with them (some kind of frames or something), but never really got around to it. Several of them available if you want to claim two.

Stretchable book covers! Claimed these in some swap, but haven't used since, so they will have to go (have to get rid of stuff!). Never opened. 1/2 claim each.

...or pick 10!

I happened to get my hands on these gorgeous stamps (with stamps (i.e. used), in great condition), all with a cat theme, from different places all over the world. Some of them look a bit faded/blurry. Sorry about that. It's the camera flash. Please pick 10 for one claim (you could write "row 1, stamp 1&2" and so on) or 5 plus one of the things in the "pick 2" category above. The stamps are about 2" x 1 1/4", but vary slightly.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008 04:02:26 PM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008 02:24:15 PM »

OK, I'll bite. I'd like the nestlace and five of the stamps, please.
Row 1, stamp 2. Row 2, stamp 3. Row 3, stamp 2. Row 5, stamp 3. Row 6, stamp 2.

Claims:1
Claims Allowed (Outstanding):2

Fabric
PM me for more exact meassurements!

Not sure how to "price" these, so lets just say that 1 metre = 1 claim, 0,5 metre = 1/2 claim unless otherwise stated. I can try to cut fat quarters, but I can't cut straight to save my life, so they might be a bit uneven.

Thinner fabric. This have been cut and is only 1/3 of the original width.

Smaller pieces

Part of a vintage curtain. (1/4 claim)

Fishy fabric. This is curtain fabric and its not cut and never washed. It's folded in the picture and the fishes are quite large. I'm going to use part of what's left over, but there's probably room for 1/2-1/4 claim of fabric...

Snow leopard fake fur.

White mystery fabric, could be used to line a bag perhaps? (1/2 claim)

Piece of thin white/orange/yellow fabric. Same as above (1/2 claim)

Papercraft

Pages from an animal book. The book is falling apart but the paper is a nice thick quality and the pictures are pretty. For one claim I will fill an A4-sized envelope with animals of your choice. I should be able to fit 10+ sheets in an envelope. Ask for animals from a specific continent, birds, mammals, insects... and Ill try to give you what you want. Some of the European forest animals are taken.

Grab-bag (envelope)
The picture is just some of my wrapping paper pieces. For 1/2 claim I will fill an A5-sized envelope with pieces of colourful wrapping paper, tissue paper and origami paper. Why only A5? Well, most of my wraping paper pieces are that size, and I have a big stack of A5-envelopes...

I also have a Far Side table calendar with Far Side funnies. If you'd like to I can include days from the calendar in your grab bag.

Misc

I wanted to make a jar of whimsies, but I don't want it to break in transit so I made a heart shaped box of whimsies instead. The box is not decorated by me, but some of the things inside are made by me. The box is sea and heart themed with some fabric scraps to keep things from breaking. It still rattles so I'll add a few more whimsies before sending it...(1 claim)

Quilted pillow. Made by a much younger me. The cat/rocket shape is handstitched on. (1/2 claim)

Unopened bag with 3 cookie cutters, heart, flower and fish. (1/4 claim)

Metallic Santa/holiday stickers, 1 sheet = 1/2 claim.

Books
Flamskvvnad - flemish weaving. (1966)
68 pages in Swedish and english with some history and technique. Someone (my guess would be my father) scribbled with crayon on some of the blank pages and there's slight water damage on the edge of a few pages but all pictures and text are perfectly fine. The pictures are both in colour and black and white.

You get the book for half a claim, and I'll toss in a bag of what should be weaving yarn(small hanks of wool in different colours, each hank contains individual lengths of wool so they're no good for knitting) Picture pending...

Book, fantastic spiders. The cover is in poor condition but the pictures are not bad and could be used in papercraft. You get the book for one claim.

Extra
I've got a few tubes of ancient acrylic paint. Its destined for the rubbish bin, but if you want a tube or two Ill toss them in for free with your claim. Some of the tubes are still soft so they might be useable
Colours: Red, green, brown, black, yellow (half a tube), blue.
The white had dried in the tube and is already tossed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008 02:48:17 PM »

oooh! I would like Piece of thin white/orange/yellow fabric and Grab-bag (envelope) please!  Cheesy

Claims Allowed (Outstanding):2
Claims made so far: 1
Sendouts Not Sent:
Sendouts Sent:
Sendouts in Transit:
Sendouts Received:

Frog fabric:

The picture makes it look a little blue, but the background is white. It is also stretchy. Close-up of frogs:

It is about 2 ft by 5 ft

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bear fabric:

Close-up:

It is about 3 ft by 6 ft

Boys and Girls fabric:

They are both about 1 ft by 3 ft

Custom recycled paper:
Here is an example of some I have already made:

I can make blue, pink, and purple. Just know that each batch will be unique and the colors you get might differ from what I have already made, but here is an example of the blue and pink (I wish the texture had shown up better in these):

Pick a color and a size, I can make you one of the following:
10 sheets that are 8 inches by 11 inches (standard paper size)
15 sheets that are 4 inches by 6 inches
20 sheets that are 3 inches by 5 inches (this size is perfect for recipe cards)

Bottle cap magnets, set of five:

From Henry Weinhards soda

Custom Coffee Cozies:
I can make these with any of the following fabrics, the lining fabric I will choose and I will add three buttons down a side (look at my etsy shop to see that detail), I am running low on buttons so I will do my best to coordinate with the fabric you choose.

Floral Fireworks (flannel):

Cupcakes (flannel):

Cherries Jubilee (flannel):

Flowers on Mocha:

Vintage quilting magazines, coming soon!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008 02:53:59 PM by kartiana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
gavagai
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008 01:20:47 PM »

I claim fabric.  Smiley I really like that "keep shining" fabric and I really like the frog fabric. Maybe I could claim some sort of a combination of those? Otherwise I'll just take the boy/girl fabrics please. (I am sure we'll work something out.  Smiley)

Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 3
Claims Made: 2

The bags I make are of different sizes. I always write approximate size next to the descriptions (measured laying flat). Make sure to read! Smiley

Pick 1!

Patchwork skulls and skeleton (and some other stuff  Cheesy) tote. Could be carried over your shoulder. A striking mix of bold fabrics, about 11"x12".

The lacybag. Shoulderbag. Not a very sturdy kind of bag (as you can see from photo), but good looking.  Grin I like how this one turned out. It's patchwork and added vintage lace. The lining has a subtle flower pattern. Measures about 15"x13".

Happy cat bag! Bag in happy colours with a retro feel. Patchwork. Constructed like a tote bag. Laying flat the bag measures about 10"x12" Carry in hand. Handle has a cute silver on black zipper look pattern. 2 points

...or pick 2!

Pirate and lace tote (about 10"x8"), black lining.

Crocheted necklace with bobbles! Red wine and champagne!  Smiley Can be worn in several different ways.

Ninja necklace with black cotton(?) cord.

I got this wall plate in a swap. It's in perfect condition (never opened) and I really like it, but sadly it doesn't fit Swedish wall plate measurements.  Sad

A mouse pad!  Cheesy Just a plain simple red mouse pad. I bought these some time ago and meant to do something crafty with them (some kind of frames or something), but never really got around to it. Several of them available if you want to claim two.

Stretchable book covers! Claimed these in some swap, but haven't used since, so they will have to go (have to get rid of stuff!). Never opened. 1/2 claim each.

...or pick 10!

I happened to get my hands on these gorgeous stamps (with stamps (i.e. used), in great condition), all with a cat theme, from different places all over the world. Some of them look a bit faded/blurry. Sorry about that. It's the camera flash. Please pick 10 for one claim (you could write "row 1, stamp 1&2" and so on) or 5 plus one of the things in the "pick 2" category above. The stamps are about 2" x 1 1/4", but vary slightly.

The following stamps are already claimed: Row 1, stamp 2. Row 2, stamp 3. Row 3, stamp 2. Row 5, stamp 3. Row 6, stamp 2
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tsarinaerika
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008 12:21:18 PM »

My very first time swapping!!!!  Hopefully I do this right, if I mess something up, feel free to reach through the computer and give me a little smack upside the head!

Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 1
Claims Made: 0

I would like to claim the pirate and lace bag from the pick 2 section, and from the stamps I would love: Row 1 - Stamp 3, Row 2 - Stamps 1 &2, Row 3 - Stamp 1 and Row 5 - Stamp 4.

My offers - PICK ANY 2 Lots!!!

#1 Guardian Angels Cross Stitch Patterns

#2 Santa Claus & Magical Moments Cross Stitch Patterns

#3 Christmas Cross Stitch Patterns Book

#4 Merry Moose sewing project fabric

#5 Winter Vest Sewing Project Fabric - Adult

#6 Fall Vest Sewing Project - Adult

#7 3 potholders with flower outlines for needlework (all three are the smae flower)

#8 QuickPunch kit - dog

#9 QuickPunch kit - cat

#10 Candlewicking kit - butterfly

Sorry for the lousy photos....the camera (or maybe the operator) is having some sort of glitch!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008 08:31:28 PM by tsarinaerika » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Our home is a zoo of fabulous rescues...do the animal world a great kindness and have your fur baby spayed or neutered!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Glazed Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
How to Use Freeze-Dried Fruit for Perfect Fruit Icing
How to Make the Perfect Peach-Blueberry Crumble
Banana-Split Funnel Cake Recipe
Doughnut Ice Cream Sandwiches at Holey Cream in NYC
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...