A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 305,025
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Going Off to College Gallery~! :)  (Read 9494 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2008 12:20:12 PM »

So 6iggle, our lovely organizer, and I go to the same school (Small world eh?). So we agreed to meet in person! Today after lecture we wandered infront of the very crowded bookstore looking for each other to swap. It was kinda funny. Here's the very awesome package she put together for me! Since we didn't have to pay postage, we decided to go for 7 points instead of 5 and boy did I feel spoiled.

So theres two embellished notebooks, a Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch)  Laptop sleeve that fits PERFECTLY (and its' from my wist)! One big Stitch notebook, a mini Stich notebook, and a multi-colour Stitch pen (Notice a theme? :p) harry potter fabric so I can start my HP quilt, somewriting impliemnts, a pink hi-lighter and an eraser thats hiding in the pencil case she made, and an earring holder.

Here's the stuff she made. The laptop sleeve is made with an old towel, isn't she clever? It's fits my laptop perfectly. seriously, I couldn't have made a better fit myself. I needed a sleeve desperatly too. I am terrible at keeping my backpack clean so I needed something to keep the dust and stuff off my computer. I promptly put the computer in and thats where it stay until about 7 minutes ao when I needed to take it out to upload photos. The notebooks are hard cover and have lyrics from my favourite band, U2, on it. Paulina must have crawled inside my head cause she picked two of my fave songs too. She even covered them, very well might I add, with clear tape so they stay tidy! The pencil case is the perfect size; just big enough for a few pens and a highlighter. Since I use the laptop I onlt bring a few pens and I am forever losing them in the bottom of my massive purse. And the earring holder is adorable! She even made little matching roses! Here's an action shot (Sorry for the blurriness)

I haven't hung it on the wall yet, so it's just sort of hanging from my little vanity shelf using thumbtack perviously used t0 hold necklaces. But as soon as I get to walmart I'll get some hooks and hang it permenently.

Thanks 6iggle! You're an awesome partner!  I love it all!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008 12:23:13 PM by Michela » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
6iggle

art. fashion. love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008 03:56:01 PM »

aww yay! im glad you like everything.. i was so nervous gahh! and that laptop sleeve, mann.. we got lucky there  Wink it was so cool meeting in person hehehe..

i love my package.. all the decor is already on my walls, so i can get lots of action shots  Tongue
ill post pics up tomorow morning, if thats okay  Embarrassed.. gotta finish my reading  Cry im behind already!! ahh..
back to the books!

lets finish this swap uppppppppppppp!!!!!!  Wink
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008 03:56:42 PM by 6iggle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

----------- >8

✯My Etsy!✯  www.iiiNa.etsy.com

✯My Blog!✯  www.PiiiNaColada.blogspot.com

✯My Wists!✯   www.wists.com/paulinaa
cole88
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008 12:12:48 PM »

omg the stitch laptop cover is adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more."

http://www.wists.com/coley88
instantkarma
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008 03:00:26 PM »

I got my package and it. was. amazing. AMAZING. SERIOUSLY. IT MADE MY DAY.
I will post pictures once I gather it all up again as I've put things away in their new home already. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
6iggle

art. fashion. love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2008 11:13:45 AM »

this post was suppose to be up yesterday, but things happend, i appoligise

BUT.
here is the fabulous package i recieved from Michela
we met in person! becuase we go to the same school.. sweeeeeeeeet!
---------------
here are 4 hand painted pots! she decided to go with a garden theme to brighten up my dorm room..
we have white brick walls on all four sides. it looks more like a jail cell than a dorm room LOL.

isnt it cute? i still have to go out and buy plants for them Tongue
theres a big pot with a bee theme, two medium pots with butterfly theme and rain theme, and a baby pot with little plant sprouts!
---------------

i absolutely love this! four massive flowers with sticky velcro on the back.. so i can stick them on my walls wherever i want. ISNT THAT THE CLEVER-EST THING? gahhh.. i had so much fun sticking them in random places, one of which, was my roommate's forehead LOL. there were many laughs.
---------------
she also gave me a crapload of magnets!! which is REALLY creepy bcuz i was thinkign to myself the other day.. that i neeed to buy magnets.. and BAM! i think michela has some mind-reading skillzzz  Shocked

they are little itty bitty flowers with magnets on the back.. and there is a set of bubble magnets with really nice pictures.. music notes, inspirational words etc.
---------------
...one of my favourite objects..

ITS A GRASS STUFFY. OMFG. *points at it and grins*  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
michela, this made my entire week. seriously. and the carpet of my room is green! grass-man is really comfy in his new home. here, he is shown with one of the velcro-flowers
---------------
...anddddddddddd if thats not enough, she also gave me this neat embellished box, a lanyard, WRIST WARMERS!! that fit PERFECTLY, annnnnnnnnd a coffee cozy, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd an apple cozy in my favourite colour combo!

michela, thank you so much for your package! everything is perfect, and my room feels so much more... roomy-er and less jail-like Wink it was really nice meeting you  Grin
also, im sorry for these horrid quality pictures... but alas, i am a broke college student with only a webcam and camera phone to use.. Sad Sad
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008 11:18:24 AM by 6iggle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

----------- >8

portmanteaux
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2008 02:10:11 PM »

I love the grass!

Also, I think the cinderblock walls are pretty standard, and I've grown to love them because of the awesome job they do blocking out noise. Which is nice when the girl next door watches tv at 7 in the morning...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2008 03:20:53 PM »

I love the grass!

Also, I think the cinderblock walls are pretty standard, and I've grown to love them because of the awesome job they do blocking out noise. Which is nice when the girl next door watches tv at 7 in the morning...

Thank every holy being for your cinder blocks! My freshman year I lived in the fancy new dorms where there are 4 bedrooms and 2 baths, like an apartment without a kitchen, really. Nice, except the walls were made of paper. I could hear my roommate's cell phone vibrate. And let's not go into what I had to hear from the other one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
hahnasay
im awesome

OMG! IS THAT A DUCK?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2008 04:42:45 PM »

so i got my package a while ago, its just taken me forever to get my camera to work, and the pictures are a wee bit fuzzy. it makes me sad. Sad

but here are my pictures!!! Cheesy

thanks so much for everything, i love it all. Smiley

all my goodies!

some pretty purple fabric, and blue book cover, tissues Smiley, homemade soaps, and rainbow note pad

the book cover and notepade again, foam star stickers, paper box. and an awesome camera bookmark

green notebook, some yellow yarn, glue!, a chocolate postcard, and some pretty cards. awesome cookie earrings and some magnets Cheesy

the tissues

the soap

the magnets Smiley

and the awesome cookie earrings

thanks again so much for everything. i love it all. Smiley

and i am so sorry about the your package coming back to me, ill throw in some extras Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you may say im a dreamer, but im not the only one

Current Swaps:
Dinosaur Swap Rd2 - Awaiting Feedback
WWP Rd18 Ostara Swap - Awaiting Feedback
Once You Pop 2010 Springtime - Awaiting Feedback

Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hahnasay

Photography Website: http://shahnachristine.wordpress.c
cole88
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2008 03:02:42 PM »

yay im so glad you liked everything!
i cannot wait to get yours...and see everyone else's posts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more."

http://www.wists.com/coley88
6iggle

art. fashion. love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008 05:23:34 PM »

omg those cookie earrings make me SO HUNGRY..   ..in a good way of course! Tongue

Thank every holy being for your cinder blocks! My freshman year I lived in the fancy new dorms where there are 4 bedrooms and 2 baths, like an apartment without a kitchen, really. Nice, except the walls were made of paper. I could hear my roommate's cell phone vibrate. And let's not go into what I had to hear from the other one.

....... Shocked Shocked Shocked .. never thought of that! eeks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

----------- >8

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sherry Lansing: The Fight to Make a Movie
Sherry Lansing: A Third Chapter
Sherry Lansing: When a Movie Fails
Sherry Lansing: Pioneer Studio Executive & Philanthropist
Sherry Lansing: True Love at 47
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...