A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,910
Currently Running With Scissors:
326 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moss Terrariums (picture heavy)  (Read 24976 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008 , terrarium  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

le petit vulcan
all is full of love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2008 10:51:30 AM »

i love the terrariums! i really like the walrus, monkey and apples! Great photos of your little ecosystems  Wink
ohyeah! i forgot to also say, Raspberry Swirl is a GREAT song! (if you're name has nothing to do with the tori amos song... then please ignore! ha! *chuckles hesitantly*)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
doaflip
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2008 11:57:44 AM »

Apples and owls, apples and owls! I want one now Smiley My balcony and living room are north facing, so this would be ideal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tumblr      Etsy     Twitter
*Owly*
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2008 12:25:36 PM »

How neat! What a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blogging at Owlishly, photos at Flickr, and all my patterns at Owlishly and my Ravelry store
yellie

The sounds of war are drowned out by our heartbeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2008 12:27:45 PM »

I like the caterpillar, the walrus, and the apples best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the only comprehensible thing about the universe is that it's completely incomprehensible-Albert

Please vote for me to win a yoga scholarship by clicking the heart icon (ends 3/31):
http://www.findyoga.com/message-board/free-training-contest-317/set-an-intention-be-courageous-be-healthy-be-happy
Foisty
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2008 12:29:41 PM »

Ok I have found the perfect terrarium-a glass cake stand with a dome that was gathering dust in my home (seeing as how my baked goods are eaten before they can sit and look pretty Tongue).The only problem is the stand isnt very shallow and Im not sure if it would be suitable.Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008 12:30:34 PM by Foisty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Clarachk
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2008 12:33:57 PM »

Oh how awesome are these! Perect for living without a lawn!! I would keep your littel tschotsckes (sp?) in a box and change them at your will. It will keep it interesting when you have company. They will always want to know what you have in the jar! ACE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created." ~Albert Einstein

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
razberryswrl
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2008 01:42:02 PM »

Interesting idea, I would love to have bottles of green in the winter time but I have one point to make...moss like all living things requires oxygen and I see that the jars are sealed, is the moss doing okay without air?  or do you open them frequently enough that it is not an issue?
    ps I like the caterpillar!

Good point. I'm definitely no expert on moss and just made these terrariums based on instructions I found online. I read somewhere that oxygen for some plants can come in the form of dissolved oxygen in water. I don't know how creditable that fact is or if that applies to moss too.  I guess I'll just wait and see if my moss dies. Trial and error! heh
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008 01:52:18 PM by razberryswrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
razberryswrl
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2008 01:50:27 PM »

Ok I have found the perfect terrarium-a glass cake stand with a dome that was gathering dust in my home (seeing as how my baked goods are eaten before they can sit and look pretty Tongue).The only problem is the stand isnt very shallow and Im not sure if it would be suitable.Any suggestions?

Maybe you could find like a pie pan shaped thing that would fit just inside the dome?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
razberryswrl
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2008 01:51:48 PM »

ohyeah! i forgot to also say, Raspberry Swirl is a GREAT song! (if you're name has nothing to do with the tori amos song... then please ignore! ha! *chuckles hesitantly*)

Yep that is indeed where my username came from. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
(alterego)kitty
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2008 02:13:03 PM »

I realllllly like the apples for some reason. maybe something to do with the color contrast. the caterpillar and owls are cute, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 kitty
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
This Celeb Beauty Secret Will Grant You Perfect Hair 24/7
Product Review: Kevin Murphy Hair Mist Review
How To Get Easy Beach Waves With A Straightener
Festival Celebrates Natural Hair and Culture
Beauty Report: A/W Hair Care Essentials
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...