A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,935
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anatomy/Medical Swap Gallery!  (Read 11377 times)
Tags for this thread: anatomy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2008 05:21:07 AM »

All very cool stuff!  I love that skeleton fabric on the zippered pouch - I actually had some about 20 years ago!  Apron is fabulous, as are the shrinky dinks. Hmmm, nerve and brain pills, sounds like something I could use. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
bigfatroses
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2008 07:00:25 AM »

The phrenology art is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2008 07:47:00 AM »

Tooth tee shirt, go directly to my wist, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

The Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2008 10:28:18 AM »

Everything is so awesome! I'm glad you liked the Apron, Amy, since it was my first time embroidering anything and I had NO idea how to go about it... xD I hope it holds up okay! Also, the bunny was a pain... lol. I loved how he came out, but making it up as I went along was harder than I expected!

Everything else is so cool... Stupid internet going out, so I have to comment all at once... This is such amazing stuff, I'm loving it all! Can't wait for my package to come! (Stupid USPS... *sigh* TOTALLY not Amybarnett's fault, but it IS STUPID. GAHH. I AM DYING HERE!! xD)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I maked a wist! wists.com/Elensule

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292681.0
The Repo! Swap!
LinzSerena
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2008 01:54:36 PM »

Wow! So I rec'd an incredible swap package from bigfatroses! Allow me to show you what was waiting for me when I got home! Smiley
First things first - everything came in this incredibly cute heart bag that she HAND SEWED (seriously, I would have sworn it was a machine):

I plan on using it to carry my stethoscope, since that desperately needed a home instead of being twisted @ the bottom of my bookbag. Inside was a little pocket for storage! There are two nice molded handles to hold it.

She made me a brain idea book! How clever! I love it! Inside were pics of the skeleton:

She made me a keychain that has a PET scan of the foot & the knee. Look at the beautiful colors!! Smiley

She woodburned a wooden plaque of Da Vinci's Anatomy of Man. The drawing was freehand and then burned over. I have no clue how she did it - it looks amazing!

Here's a necklace that has bone under a microscope on 1 side and bone marrow on the other. I love microscopic stuff as it is, but this stuff looks so neat! The picture doesn't do it justice, but it looks almost like a copper necklace.

And this necklace is freakin amazing! It's a wire uterus!! It's so beautiful. My mother took one look and is already quite envious. I can't wait to wear it to work tomorrow!

She also threw in 3 packets of beautiful beads for me as well as some sculpey, a squishy kidney keychain, a RBC pin & a chicken notepad & pen. Here's the whole lot:

All I can say is WOW! This is my first swap and it she was just an incredible swap partner! Thanks soooo much for everything! I'm in total awe at how beautiful everything is and she did it all while recovering from surgery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Be open to learning new lessons even if they contradict the lessons you learned yesterday."
- Ellen Degeneres
---------------------------------------------
"All great achievements require time" ~Maya Angelou
LinzSerena
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2008 04:56:44 PM »

And quick comments:  Smiley

Street Ashes: I love the box; it's so sparkly! I really like the hospital gown bag. I always thought there
could be a nicer use for the fabric. Smiley

kittenbonanza: Ohh I like the zippered bag! The lining is so cute!

amybarnett: Cute brainless lab test subject! Smiley Great for a stress reliever. The "I Love Anatomy" Apron is adorable. (Elensule, I can't believe that's your first time embroidering - very nice!)

Everything looks wonderful! This was such a great swap! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
"Be open to learning new lessons even if they contradict the lessons you learned yesterday."
- Ellen Degeneres
kittenbonanza
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2008 06:49:06 PM »

All that stuff is so cool! That uterus necklace is beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retrolola
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2008 01:51:06 PM »

Finally got my pictures up after 2 days trying to upload them!

Teaparty spoiled me. Here's a picture of the everything:

I told Teaparty that I love vintage nurses, so she made me an awesome decoupaged purse. This is a shot of the back, although I couldn't get a good picture without a glare (it's so shiny!) And definitely my favorite item:

This is a really cute card she drew for me. I might just frame it!

Check out this adorable embroidered mini pillow. My kitten loves it, so I'm trying to keep it up high and away from his claws...

Last but not least, a very impressive hand drawn skeleton magnet (you can't see his legs here; I wanted to get as much detail as possible). But there are 7 pieces so that I can pose him however I want.

This was my first swap and now I'm officially hooked. Thanks for spoiling me, Teaparty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LinzSerena
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2008 02:20:34 PM »

OOhh! I love the vintage nurse stuff! So cute!
And soooooo glad we don't dress like that anymore! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
- Ellen Degeneres
teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2008 03:01:59 PM »

I'm so glad you like it all!! I had to keep the little heart away from my cats too. I ended up making one with catnip in it (and much less detailing) for them too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stylist To Stars Shares Hair Extension Secrets
Woman Spent $25,000 On Weave
3 Ways to Get Massive Hair Volume
An Effective Dandruff Shampoo
How To Rock The Fishtail Braid Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...