A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anatomy/Medical Swap Gallery!  (Read 9974 times)
Tags for this thread: anatomy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008 01:19:39 AM »

Ah geez, I forgot to bookmark the gallery.  I thought flyraeven didn't post pictures yet, but it's just my own silly self not paying attention.

The bracelet is crocheted wire and I'm not really sure the name exactly, but it's a 3mm or so thick elastic with shrinkies.  I made and shrunk two hearts, a lung, and a kidney, as well as a capillary bed that got lost somehow  Embarrassed  Who loses a capillary bed?

Yeah, me and flyraeven both have a thing for uteri.  uterii?  uterus... uterME?  whatevs.  She sent me way more stuff, but honestly I can't find it.  I got it at the beginning few days of my seven days on and I think the fiance put the stuff I haven't already worn / shown off in the craft room.  It's hard to pick a favorite.  The package TOTALLY made my day week or maybe month.  First thing used:

It's actually a tie.  I looove that pin, with the heart and sparkly crossbones, but honestly I was so excited about that patch and didn't have enough pins on my bag I mostly used it just to help pin the  patch to the bag I was taking to work.  My coworkers LOVED it.  I also showed off the four cards she made.  I used one already, one of my dear coworkers was in the hospital so everyone signed it and gave it to her. 

I'll post pics of the rest ASAP.  But for now ADMIRE MY UTERUS!

See all those bits anterior to my uterus?  Those are different eyes and mouths and such for my ms. potato head of a posable uterus.  That particular face exhibits the expression my uterus wore when it got its IUD inserted.  That's also the face I make when I haven't had any coffee after I've been awake for 12 minutes or longer.

Here's disgruntled uterus, after trying to flag a taxi.  Did I mention my uterus has poseable fallopian tubes?  Yeah, my partner rocks!

I'd like to say that the cat is used as a size reference.  Really, the curious little doll decided to roll up right when I was taking the shot.  Doctor Girlfriend (that would be the cat) approves of the uterine construction.

One of my favorites are the little bone barrettes.  Mad complements on those. 

Yeah, and that's only SOME of what I got.  Will post more pictures, feel free to throw in some pictures if you got 'em, (super)flyraeven!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008 01:20:22 AM »

errr, the capillary bed got lost prior to sending.  I lost it, not my dear partner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
kittenbonanza
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008 04:44:17 AM »

Oh my God! Posable uterus!!!! <3<3<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flyraeven
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008 09:55:22 AM »

I'm glad you liked it all!  I have worn the heart necklace you sent almost everyday, and have almost lost that uterus stamp to admiring sticky fingers several times!  I do have pics of the stuff on my other computer (I'm at work, "working") and I can post them tomorrow if you want me to...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My great grandchildren came to me in a dream and asked me what I did while the world was unraveling. -Marcia Starck

My WISTful thinking...http://www.wists.com/flyraeven
flyraeven
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008 11:10:37 AM »

And the capillary bed will be sorely missed.....but the other organs on the brecelt rock!  I was marvelling at how well you did on those, they are all identifiable.  When I try to draw some of them, they turn out like blobs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My great grandchildren came to me in a dream and asked me what I did while the world was unraveling. -Marcia Starck

h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008 03:40:09 PM »

SuperFlyraeven, seriously.  I am astounded at your description of your attempts at drawing organs (blobs? nay!).  Those notecards are amazing, and the ones with the brain are so detailed.  I admire your drawing talent. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flyraeven
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008 09:56:12 AM »

here are the other swap items that I could find pics of (at h_pets suggestion/request) but I'm not the one who took them, so I couldn't find any better ones, or one with all of them together...

here are both the patches I sent to her.  I can't take credit for the sayings though, those were her idea...

And here are the cards...

And the barettes...

The little bone ones turned out the best, I was pretty happy with those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008 12:54:30 PM »

Thanks for posting those.  I took pics at like 5am, pre coffee right before we left for the airport.  my pics are not so good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

The Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008 02:52:46 PM »

Those are AWESOME. I LOVE the uterus-head! That is TOO funny... xD Amazing stuff! And the barrettes are awesome too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I maked a wist! wists.com/Elensule

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292681.0
The Repo! Swap!
Street Ashes

Can't we all just get along?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008 04:33:16 PM »

the awesome package i got today from itsinmynature\

its a pair of "bandage shoes"
a small bag (i'm going to put my bento box in it for lunch!)
and a crochet hook organizer,as i requested!

thanks so much! i heart everything!

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008 04:34:59 PM by Street Ashes » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simple Balloon Clover Tutorial
How to Arrange a Tulip Bowl Centerpiece
How to Make a Capelet from an Old Sweater
The Basic Supplies to Make a Monster Puppet
How to Add Hair to a Monster Puppet
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...