A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 307,240
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anatomy/Medical Swap Gallery!  (Read 11592 times)
Tags for this thread: anatomy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kittenbonanza
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2008 04:57:00 AM »

I love the lungs, and the idea of blood cell puncushions. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2008 09:18:28 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin
After a serious fight with Canada Post, I recieved my package from Retrolola!

Here are all my goodies:

The Pill bottles are so funny, they have mini twizlers inside - it's a prescription for a craftaholic who is addicted to crafting, and creativity. I wish I could copy the exact text, but they have mysteriously gone missing and Mr. Teaparty is making munching noises in the other room...

Also, note the wicked cool bacteria magnets.

I am putting them on my file cabinet in my office where in order to freak out my students.

But here are the two big and totally amazing things:

A heart Pillow!! With a soft felt heart applique

AND

The ribcage satchel bag... I love the grey mottled fabric inside. The rib cage is upside down, but I think I can take off the patch and flip it over.

Thank you retrolola! I love it all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
Retrolola
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2008 09:26:32 PM »

Ohmygosh, I can't believe I did the ribcage upside down!! I think I finished at 3am the night before send out, and even my boyfriend, who gave me the "ok" on everything didn't notice! Sorry about that, Teaparty!!

Glad you liked it though; I had a blast doing my first swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teaparty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2008 03:34:17 PM »

It's okay, I just snipped it off and whipped it right back on. And now I feel like we shared a little moment   Wink

The funny thing is, I ripped it out of the box so fast and put it right on I was looking at it hanging off of me- from an upside down angle- and it looked GREAT! and then when I hung it up later, I couldn't figure out why it looked different...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
zeeanatomy
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2008 12:12:17 PM »

sorry that i've been out of touch with everyone! i've had some serious family/personal issues. my camera is still out of whack i'm looking for batteries now! hopefully in the next day or two i'll get ones that work in it.  everyones things look lovely! my partner did a great job as well
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LinzSerena
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2008 02:25:38 PM »

Hi All! Sorry that I've been so quiet. I have switched to a weekend option position & returned to school FT to finish up my MSN. The reality of having absolutely no time is just starting to hit me like a ton of bricks (a slow, overbearing 15 week long, major exam the night before thanksgiving, $700 worth of textbooks - ton of bricks...).

For those of you in the anatomy classes this semester, I don't know if I'll have enough time (or $$$) to ship off my books to you, but I do have all of my A&P pics on a cd that I could probably email to you. It's mostly just pics from lab, histology, etc... I found it ridiculously helpful while in lab. If you are interested, let me know and I'll email it to you Smiley

As for the half a ton of textbooks (paid hundreds for them and now they are worth like $10 Huh seriously??), I am going to give them to my friend who takes nursing/medical texts over to Nigerian nursing schools. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Be open to learning new lessons even if they contradict the lessons you learned yesterday."
- Ellen Degeneres
---------------------------------------------
"All great achievements require time" ~Maya Angelou
lairsa

Busy, busy, busy bee. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2008 08:46:24 PM »

Hey guys. Cheesy

I haven't heard from my partner in about a month, and I'm assuming she has already has recieved, so...I'm posting the pics of the stuff I sent her.

First, some background info: wonderfinch likes stomachs and bacteria, and she has a particular affection for the Poliovirus. She also likes the colors black, blue, red, and purple. She's a very nice girl who likes stuffies, and she also wanted a scarf. Cheesy

#1 - An stomach lining inspired scarf (not my pattern--found it on the Lion brand website)

This one shows the color better:

#2 - A Poliovirus stuffie (I'm not sure what the specs are exactly, but a guest of my dad's mistook it for a sofa pillow. Cheesy EDIT: I remember the measurement from the starting top point to the bottom point was more than 15 inches. Cheesy)

Front:

Top:

Right Side:

Back:

Left Side:

Bottom:

(Inspiration is from a picture I found on Google: type "poliovirus" and search it--it's the yellow and blue picture.)

#'s 3 & 4 - Mr. & Ms. Stomach Ache (Shigella) Bacteria Stuffie Keychain (what better way to combine both of her likes?  Wink)

Front:

Back:

(The Mr. & Ms. fit nicely on my palm without the chain. Smiley)

Finally, a group pic:

...and another one, because I couldn't resist.

There. Cheesy

All were done by crochet, and I started making them a week after I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled out. Undecided

(So I can say I literally made them with blood, sweat, and tears.  Cheesy)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008 08:48:25 PM by lairsa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Christmas break breakdown:

1 week of cleaning the house
+ Countless hours preparing food and stuff for big dinner
+ Family induced-stress
+ holiday homework

No time to relax and recharge. Dang.

Currently in:
- 12 Days Of Christmas 200
teaparty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2008 06:42:44 AM »

Those are really great! Polio is super cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bronzfrog
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2008 06:59:55 AM »

Those stuffies are adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.etsy.com
kittenbonanza
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2008 07:48:21 AM »

That stuff is all so cool! I love the little polio!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
E.L.F. Vs. NYC Eyebrow Kit Review
How to Apply Eye Cream the Right Way
5 Minute Makeup Tutorial
An Easy Way to Apply Eyeliner
How to Get Gorgeous With Charlotte Tilbury
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...