A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Craft Space in my Bedroom - Pics are gone, sorry!  (Read 11582 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 30, 2008 04:48:15 PM »

Being inspired by all the craft rooms on here I decided to post mine Smiley
Now it's not a room all by itself it's also my bedroom
and I live in an apartment so I can't paint or anything but I still LOVE IT!
We just moved into a new apartment and this set up is soo much better than how I had it at my old place.
I just hope to inspire those of you that have shared spaces like mine (bedroom and craft room) to use what you have Smiley  We just moved in this weekend so it's not completely done, I still need to make some crafty decor and hang stuff up on the walls. The whole bedroom will be turqouise and brown and then my craft space will have pops of green. Someday when I have my own craft room it will be turquoise, brown, and lime green.

K here are a couple pics of it in its entirety:

Here is a close up of my pegboard~Its soooo cool I got the whole thing even the hooks and bins at Walmart for $25! Its called a pegboard starter kit and it comes with 4 boards you hook together, all the screws to hang it with and a set of hooks and bins etc....
The two brown squares under it are cork board I covered with fake brown leather like material.
And I hung a flourescent light about it, not the prettiest thing but it works and it was free!
I also hung folders on the pegboard to hold thing like scrap papers, patterns, projects ideas, etc...

This is on the right side of my table, on th top shelf you can see my Pringles can magazine organizer Smiley On the second shelf is the awesome small drawer organizer I got at Walmart for $10, it hold all my small items like jewlery findings, buttons, etc....

I love tiny things here is a close up on my small collection of tiny office supplies Smiley

Here is what is on the left side of my craft table: I love girly movies and I watch them the most while crafting so I decided to put them in my craft area. This side holds my tv and dvd player also. The boxes on the top shelf have magazine clippings etc... Some are empty but will probably be filled soon LOL!

There are also some of my favorite items on the left side like vases and my little pony plastic figurine, and this cute votive holder I found at goodwill in the shape of a tulip.

These final photos are to show how the craft area is incorporated into the bedroom, I still need to hang photos and such

I hope you all like it!
It fits really well I think Smiley There are a total of 6 plastic drawer organizers that hold everything like fabric scraps, tape, glue, paint, tools, thread, pencils, markers, pens, etc.....

I also got a rug for free to lay down so I wouldnt ruin the carpet if I spilled paint or glue which is awesome, I ruined the carpet at the last place because of spilling things HA ha.
I even have a bit of room to grow.
There are a few exta things in other places. My photos and scrapbook stuff are under the bed in under the bed storage boxes. And I have most of my fabric and container stash in the outside storage unit on our balcony. Thanks For Looking and Reading if you did so Cheesy

OH and I already told you about the pegboard kit but I wanted to say I got the shelfs at Walmart too! You get the racks and two shelfs and everything to hang them up in one kit for $10 so I bought two.

So basically I already had all the cubbies and table and extra stuff so the whole thing on the wall (pegboard kit and shelfs) cost me $50!

OH and one last thing the blue binders you see on the shelf is my awesome way of organizing things I love. There are 7 total and each for a different purpose:
1)decor ideas and furniture etc.. that I love
2)useful tips on organizing cleaning etc..
3)clothes I love for inspiration etc..
4)useful sewing articles
5)tutorials
6)misc craft inspiration
7)mag articles i love

I plan on covering them with either paper or fabric sometime, just another project on my long crafting to do list! I dont like the cheap blue plastic look LOL!

Oh and (Okay I swear this is the last thing ROFL) I LOVE labeling things so it's not done yet and not pictured but all the drawers including the small drawer organizer on the shelf will be labeled~I'm working on that now as we speak Smiley
I LOVE organization! I have to try to keep this craft area clean cuz It's also my office and my hubby uses this room to and hates clutter as much as I do! Believe me or not but I'm a messy crafter! Especially once I get into a project~it's too hard when you are in the middle of something to put everything away and then get it all out again Tongue

Pics are gone, sorry!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011 05:21:15 PM by lindsycarranza - Reason: Pics are gone, please delete » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
punk rock puppy
Magic Ninja

Juggalo Love!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008 05:14:56 PM »

Your Craft Space is amazing! are you sure you've only been there since last weekend? OMG I am so jealous I hope my new Craft Area will look that good! Lucky
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yeah... i should probably get on that...
meganita
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008 05:26:01 PM »

it looks awesome!  i wish so badly i had a craft space of my own...so jealous Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008 05:27:04 PM »

Your Craft Space is amazing! are you sure you've only been there since last weekend? OMG I am so jealous I hope my new Craft Area will look that good! Lucky

Smiley yep
I'm a get it done kind of person LOL
Plus I had Monday and Tuesday off of work and a half day today so that helped Smiley
And Thank U for your comment Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
mamafen
Yarn, it's not just for grannies anymore.

Scotch: It's breakfast.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008 05:55:14 PM »

neat Smiley
I've had to incorporate my bedroom and craft area before, we JUST moved into a new house too, and this one I actually get my own room Hooray! ( I'm in the middle of painting it pink and chocolate brown  with white trim and dasies...yeah im a girly girl)

Good going on the orginization, I use pegboard EVERYWHERE  I have one in my kitchen and use the little jars to hold spices.

Also, my little one's room is brown turqoiuse and lime green Cheesy

Congrats on your new space!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I could buy the world a coke, then I would say "SCREW YOU WORLD" and go buy more fabric.

http://wists.com/mamafen
http://buttonsandbrimstone.blogspot.com/
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008 06:01:57 PM »

neat Smiley
I've had to incorporate my bedroom and craft area before, we JUST moved into a new house too, and this one I actually get my own room Hooray! ( I'm in the middle of painting it pink and chocolate brown  with white trim and dasies...yeah im a girly girl)

Good going on the orginization, I use pegboard EVERYWHERE  I have one in my kitchen and use the little jars to hold spices.

Also, my little one's room is brown turqoiuse and lime green Cheesy

Congrats on your new space!

Oh thank you! I saw a picture of a kitchen where they used pegboard for their pots and pans to hand on the wall and I thought it was fantastic but my dh was only so so about it. I love pink a brown Smiley
I think I love everything and brown hee hee
Turquoise, Brown, and Lime Green just go so well together Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SkyyAngel
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008 06:08:20 PM »

Very neat and organized! I'm currently working on re-organizing my craft room. Well... I was cleaning it too, but the cleaning part is mostly done. Thanks for the info about the pegboard at wal-mart. When I'm back in the states I'll have to pick some up.

I keep binders with home decorating ideas, craft ideas and magazine clippings too. Smiley

I also noticed a paper towel holder under there and I must say this is the most amazing idea I've seen... lol. It never occurred to me to have one in a craft area but I always inevitably need towels to clean up some mess. What a great idea to have one right there. So simple... why the heck didn't I think of it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008 06:43:17 PM »

Very neat and organized! I'm currently working on re-organizing my craft room. Well... I was cleaning it too, but the cleaning part is mostly done. Thanks for the info about the pegboard at wal-mart. When I'm back in the states I'll have to pick some up.

I keep binders with home decorating ideas, craft ideas and magazine clippings too. Smiley

I also noticed a paper towel holder under there and I must say this is the most amazing idea I've seen... lol. It never occurred to me to have one in a craft area but I always inevitably need towels to clean up some mess. What a great idea to have one right there. So simple... why the heck didn't I think of it?
Oh thank you so much! Isn't it amazing how you can love the simpliest things or you see something so simple and think why didn't I do that LOL, I always had a roll on my craft table for spills etc.. and then thought well why don't I just hang it up Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008 08:44:51 PM »

Oh and I forgot to say that I love symmetry and balance, can you tell LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008 11:41:46 PM »

What a wonderful space you have made for yourself.  I love the organization and colors.  Simply a great place to craft in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Decorative Yarn Orbs
How to Make an Easter Nest Ornament
How to Make a Simple Easter Egg Drying Rack
Rustic Floral Arrangements for Easter
DIY Colorful Foiled Eggs for Easter
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...