A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fitted bed sheet  (Read 2137 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hellowren
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009 08:41:24 PM »

I picked up an awesome fitted sheet today at the thrift store. It's Mario and Zelda, and it's a little faded in the middle and the elastic is not stretchy anymore, but I totally bought it anyway. I was gonna try to use it as a sheet but it's not working, so I thought, hey, why not make a blanket?
I figured I could just cut the seams on the corners where they are folded, so that it's at a right angle, and then carefully pull off the elastic and trim as needed. then I will use some light weight batting and a flat sheet for the back, using squares of another fabric to fill in the empty spaces where I cut the seams. Then I might give it all a bright red border.

Does this sound feasible at all? I have never made a quilt or a blanket before, but I have my handy dandy mother-in-law to help me just in case. I just thought I'd get some feedback from you guys and also put this idea here. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
litte_miss_juliet
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009 01:43:56 PM »

You could cute the pillowcases down to squares, put seams in the tops and you could make some cute cushions for your couch.

Or you could cover a wire frame in the material for a lamp shade (:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Spuzzy
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009 11:50:37 AM »

My grandma quilted like mad. She always used the fitted and flat sheets as the back of her quilts and then took it to get the squiggly designs put it in. That could be an idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done..."
Lunapooka
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009 09:38:58 PM »

We have several fitted sheets we use as futon covers.  We have many pets and the fur gathers pretty quickly.  When we change the sheets, we always put two layers on.  When the top layer gets to hairy, we peel it off and use the fresh one beneath.  Way easier than vacuuming.  Plus, each different sheet gives our living room a different look.

This may work for the backseat of a car.  I haven't tried it.

I used an old fitted sheet that had torn as an impromptu cover for our table leaf while in storage.  The elastic helped keep it wrapped around it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need a house with a craft room!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Master the Art of Calligraphy
How to Create a Wing Drawing
How to Draw a Teddy Bear
How to Select Calligraphy Fonts
How to Buy Calligraphy Paper
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...