A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beaded Art Dollz Kit Gallery  (Read 3282 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tiegan

The Dude Abides

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008 11:22:56 AM »

No- I just thought you were a bead junkie Panda- thats why I sent you a container for your "drugs"!!!  Roflmao Grin

SuperHooker has also received from me.Cant wait to see pics!
Hugs
Tiegan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pop into my Blog and say Hi!
http://pumpernickelandrye.wordpress.com/

Non judgement day is near.
panda
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008 11:31:54 AM »

boy i could use some drugs some days or pull out my hair.....not which would be funnier.......eithe r way someone would get a laugh.

FYI - I use pill containers alot for beads....you can pick them up cheap at yard sale, and thrift shops.  I use them for all kinds of things.  I have more buttons then beads.......I hope you like yours it should be there soon Tiegan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008 04:15:22 AM »

I have one of those large clear plastic containers with lots and lots of little compartments in it.  Last winter I had such a blast, spending a couple of long days just gathering all of my beads from all over the house and sorting them by color and type and getting them out of the little bags and into the compartments.  So all my beads and findings were very well organized and beautiful to look at. Cheesy

Then last week I dropped the sucker right upside down on the floor.   Roll Eyes

Yeah that was fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
panda
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008 05:35:04 AM »

Lmcbride I read your post this am and ROFLOL... Cheesy cause I did the twice with the same container.........I was a cussing after the second one and they had all the seed beads.  Now at is something to laugh at, I am still coming across some beads.   thank you for brightening my morning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008 06:08:14 AM »

Ooh, twice!  Twice is more fun than once, eh? Wink

Yeah, I still haven't vacuumed in that room because I just can't bear to, and the dust bunnies are threatening to take over.  Every chance I get, I am on the floor on my hands and knees picking up beads like one at a time.  What can I say?  It's good to keep things in perspective in terms of whether to cry over spilled beads or not, but I need just a little more time before I'm ready to let go and send half my bead stash up the vacuum hose. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008 09:21:34 AM »

Ok, I've finally got some pics!  I've only got 2 right now...as I was taking pictures of my kit, my camera totally died.  I tried to take more with my hubby's camera, but they were all like 5 mb, and crafster won't upload them.  I don't know how to fix that!  We've got like 12 digital cameras, though, so I'm trying to find one that takes smaller pictures, and then I'll get some better pictures up.  Anyway, here goes:

all the beads and fibery goodness!

and here's my doll, and my face.  I'll get a close up of the face to post, it is so beautiful!

Thanks Tiegan!  I love it!  You've really inspired me in the art doll direction.  I know this is going to take me FOREVER, as I'm really not a beader, but I will plug along with it!  I've been thinking of all sorts of art dolls to make lately...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Linda P
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008 11:37:10 AM »

I never thought of using pill holders!  I love that idea, you are right, you can pick them up cheap all the time.  I have even seen them in free boxes at yard sales!
I mailed my kit today.  Now I am looking for my "stuffing" (a teddy bear that donated his stuffing) I found some cool felt, and I have a doll ready to be finished up.
I love the kits sent so far!
Linda P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008 12:43:14 PM »

That is a really gorgeous face - is that a snake twined around it? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008 04:59:54 PM »

That is a really gorgeous face - is that a snake twined around it? 
Yeah it is. The theme I chose for her doll was Egyptian- and snakes were considered scared to the Egyptians, so hence the snake. :-)

My amazing doll kit arrived from Panda & I will get photos of it tomorrow. Thanks Panda!

Here is an updated photo of my progress on my tree doll. I've been going a little bead happy. lol

BTW Today is the mailout date, if you have not done so already, please e-mail me and update me on your status. Thanks :-)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008 05:15:56 PM by Tiegan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008 04:12:17 PM »

I feel so alone on this thread Cry- so as they arrive lets see those pictures!! Grin Grin Grin
Here is the lovely kit I received from panda. Thank you panda. Your painting on the face is great. I love the colors. She also sent me an awesome crochet button necklace she made and a replacement Dotee doll for the one my dogs ate as an appetizer! I was spoiled :-)
Tiegan
Everyone whose partner has received so far should have an updated swap profile. Please double check to make sure

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 04:42:54 PM by Tiegan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sub Zero, Nitrogen Infused Ice Cream
Apple Crisp Recipe
Thin Mint Cookies & Cream Pie
Swedish Pancake Recipe
Peanut Butter Banana Dessert Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...