A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beaded Art Dollz Kit Gallery  (Read 3718 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tiegan

The Dude Abides

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 29, 2008 02:50:11 PM »

Alert- Alert- We already have a package mailed!!!
Whoo Whoo!
Link to original post:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=256013.0

Green = Sent
Red = needs communication
Blue = Received

Tiegan <--+--> Panda
Tatteredspider <--+--> Bhean
Lmcbride  <--+--> Jeane
Linda P <--+-->TreeTree
Superhooker <--+--> Tiegan 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008 08:37:23 AM by Tiegan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pop into my Blog and say Hi!
http://pumpernickelandrye.wordpress.com/

Non judgement day is near.
Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008 01:34:41 PM »

Yeah!!! My kit from Superhooker arrived- I love it of course & it suits me great.
I will post pictures in this post a little bit later- just wanted to hop on and do a happy dance as the first package has arrived.
Im packaging Panda's and Superhookers up this very moment and they are going out in the mail today & should arrive in a jiffy.
Hugs
Tiegan

As promised here are two shots from the package superhooker sent me that Ive already started working on. lol

Shot of entire kit

Close up of tree and the cab face along with the work I have done on it so far.Im having so much fun and love this doll. Thank you superhooker! As you can see Ive also found some interesting beads in my collection to add to it too!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008 03:00:20 PM by Tiegan - Reason: Add photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008 07:22:34 AM »

I'm so glad you recieved!  I'll be stalking my mail lady for the next few days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008 03:15:50 PM »

Posted pics of yours superhooker. Cant wait till your package arrives!!!! Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008 03:57:31 PM »

How beautiful and green!  It's like a mushroom, yes?   Smiley  I like the fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008 04:26:21 PM »

How beautiful and green!  It's like a mushroom, yes?   Smiley  I like the fabric!

Roflmao
Well- ummm....no Grin
It's actually a tree, superhooker knows I love trees. My husband thought it was a piece of broccoli! Grin Grin

I'm doing the bottom in browns and the top in greens with a few golden leaves and the face will be a knothole on the trunk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008 03:40:55 AM »

Er...oopsy?  Here is my "embarrased" smiley:  Embarrassed
I've just been seeing so many mushrooms around craftster lately, the popularity of this motif has really um...(forgive me!) mushroomed recently.  So I must have had mushrooms on the brain. Yeah, in more ways than one I'm afraid. Roll Eyes

So, moving right along!
As a tree, it is equally stunning!  If not more so!  Trees really do rock.  And broccoli rocks!  And I should just stop now, before I manage to put my other foot in my mouth!
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
panda
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008 08:43:18 AM »

Hi ladies and gents, I hope this comes threw this time.  I have been having problem with the new update.

I received this from Tiegan

all the lovely goodies

the doll and face

I will post again when I finish her....Fanasty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008 10:12:53 AM »

Yeah! I hope you like her Panda- I scoured the bead stores and also selected some of my favorite beads & charms from my collection.

Oh yeah, For everyone else- Im sure your wondering why I sent her a pill container. But it is also actually full of coordinating beads and fancies too!! Grin

Hugs Tiegan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panda
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008 11:15:17 AM »

If you look closely you can see the beads in the pill container.  The beads are blues and purples mainly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008 11:22:56 AM »

No- I just thought you were a bead junkie Panda- thats why I sent you a container for your "drugs"!!!  Roflmao Grin

SuperHooker has also received from me.Cant wait to see pics!
Hugs
Tiegan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panda
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008 11:31:54 AM »

boy i could use some drugs some days or pull out my hair.....not which would be funnier.......either way someone would get a laugh.

FYI - I use pill containers alot for beads....you can pick them up cheap at yard sale, and thrift shops.  I use them for all kinds of things.  I have more buttons then beads.......I hope you like yours it should be there soon Tiegan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008 04:15:22 AM »

I have one of those large clear plastic containers with lots and lots of little compartments in it.  Last winter I had such a blast, spending a couple of long days just gathering all of my beads from all over the house and sorting them by color and type and getting them out of the little bags and into the compartments.  So all my beads and findings were very well organized and beautiful to look at. Cheesy

Then last week I dropped the sucker right upside down on the floor.   Roll Eyes

Yeah that was fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panda
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008 05:35:04 AM »

Lmcbride I read your post this am and ROFLOL... Cheesy cause I did the twice with the same container.........I was a cussing after the second one and they had all the seed beads.  Now at is something to laugh at, I am still coming across some beads.   thank you for brightening my morning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008 06:08:14 AM »

Ooh, twice!  Twice is more fun than once, eh? Wink

Yeah, I still haven't vacuumed in that room because I just can't bear to, and the dust bunnies are threatening to take over.  Every chance I get, I am on the floor on my hands and knees picking up beads like one at a time.  What can I say?  It's good to keep things in perspective in terms of whether to cry over spilled beads or not, but I need just a little more time before I'm ready to let go and send half my bead stash up the vacuum hose. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008 09:21:34 AM »

Ok, I've finally got some pics!  I've only got 2 right now...as I was taking pictures of my kit, my camera totally died.  I tried to take more with my hubby's camera, but they were all like 5 mb, and crafster won't upload them.  I don't know how to fix that!  We've got like 12 digital cameras, though, so I'm trying to find one that takes smaller pictures, and then I'll get some better pictures up.  Anyway, here goes:

all the beads and fibery goodness!

and here's my doll, and my face.  I'll get a close up of the face to post, it is so beautiful!

Thanks Tiegan!  I love it!  You've really inspired me in the art doll direction.  I know this is going to take me FOREVER, as I'm really not a beader, but I will plug along with it!  I've been thinking of all sorts of art dolls to make lately...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Linda P
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008 11:37:10 AM »

I never thought of using pill holders!  I love that idea, you are right, you can pick them up cheap all the time.  I have even seen them in free boxes at yard sales!
I mailed my kit today.  Now I am looking for my "stuffing" (a teddy bear that donated his stuffing) I found some cool felt, and I have a doll ready to be finished up.
I love the kits sent so far!
Linda P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008 12:43:14 PM »

That is a really gorgeous face - is that a snake twined around it? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008 04:59:54 PM »

That is a really gorgeous face - is that a snake twined around it? 
Yeah it is. The theme I chose for her doll was Egyptian- and snakes were considered scared to the Egyptians, so hence the snake. :-)

My amazing doll kit arrived from Panda & I will get photos of it tomorrow. Thanks Panda!

Here is an updated photo of my progress on my tree doll. I've been going a little bead happy. lol

BTW Today is the mailout date, if you have not done so already, please e-mail me and update me on your status. Thanks :-)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008 05:15:56 PM by Tiegan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008 04:12:17 PM »

I feel so alone on this thread Cry- so as they arrive lets see those pictures!! Grin Grin Grin
Here is the lovely kit I received from panda. Thank you panda. Your painting on the face is great. I love the colors. She also sent me an awesome crochet button necklace she made and a replacement Dotee doll for the one my dogs ate as an appetizer! I was spoiled :-)
Tiegan
Everyone whose partner has received so far should have an updated swap profile. Please double check to make sure

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 04:42:54 PM by Tiegan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

panda
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008 07:33:58 PM »

Tiegan, I'm glad you like the kit.  Her face is like Mari Gar ..I did not paint her, she was done with sharpies.  Afterwards I sprayed a clear sealer, I think I put 2 coats on I did not want the marker to rub off or smudge. 

As for the replacement doll, she is the same fabric and close to the original for dotee doll swap.

I am glad you like the crochet button necklace....I have a new book and hope to make more...they are fun to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bhean
Fairly goth mother

believing is seeing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008 03:13:01 PM »

I received my Goddess of Earth and Bone from Tatteredspider and i love her!

I know she had a hard time trying to find a face for her and I think the bone faceplate is a brilliant idea!  In her note, she says:

"This is the Goddess of Earth and Bone.  Those of us made of flesh and bone are decended from her.  She is a faceless Goddess, an amorphous Goddess..."

PERFECT!  I've been drawn to the Crone of late and this will be a wonderful meditative experience.

Thank you so much, Tatteredspider!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistiness.... www.wists.com/bhean
Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008 06:32:56 PM »

I received my Goddess of Earth and Bone from Tatteredspider and i love her!

I know she had a hard time trying to find a face for her and I think the bone faceplate is a brilliant idea!  In her note, she says:

"This is the Goddess of Earth and Bone.  Those of us made of flesh and bone are decended from her.  She is a faceless Goddess, an amorphous Goddess..."

PERFECT!  I've been drawn to the Crone of late and this will be a wonderful meditative experience.

Thank you so much, Tatteredspider!

Brilliant- I totally LOVE her! Great job Tatteredspider. I will update your staus as I didnt know you sent.
Hugs
Tiegan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008 04:03:58 AM »

I think I forgot to post this here, but I have received a beautiful doll kit from Jeane, I just can't post pictures until Thursday or Friday.  Jeane, if you don't want to wait that long and want to post pictures sooner than that, by all means do so, you deserve a round of applause for the really sweeeeeet kit you sent me! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TreeTree
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008 12:17:26 PM »

I received from Linda P on Monday, and finally got the image off my camera...sorry been waaay busy.  As you can see everything is lovely, tidy and organized:

Love the colors, very elegant and rustic at the same time!

I'll be posting progress pics soon I hope!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/Treetree/
My Space:   http://www.myspace.com/tareeree 

I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them.
--Pablo Picasso
Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008 11:44:28 AM »

They look great guys!
Please be sure to let me know your dc#s when you mail and communicate with me and your partner when you recieve. As noted in OP, communication is noted in this swap. :-)
Thanks again ladies!
Hugs Tiegan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008 01:25:49 PM »

Here is the lovely and amazing doll kit that I have recieved from the amazing Jean!
- most adorable fabric in the world!
-enough beads for a zillion little dolls (or at least it looks that way to me, the total newbie at beading)
-very groovy little tackle box that is double sided, oh my gosh, you flip it over and there are MORE beads!!!!
-extra fabric!
-face! Smiley
-straw hat, not for this doll but just extra for funsies!
- just beads, beads, and more beads!

And here is a close up so you can see the face and the other side of the bead box:

There is a mind-blowing quantity and selection of beads here, all I can say is Jeane is a stellar swap partner!
THANK YOU Jeane, and thanks for being patient until I could get around to posting the pictures!
Jeane Rocks.
That is all.
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linda P
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008 09:44:44 AM »

I recieved form Tree Tree last night...  I got in the escape at midnight, and her package was laying in the front seat!  The mail man put it there.  I will try and post photos later today.  I still cannot find my cord, but I am going to look at Wal-mart for another.  If I cannot find one, then I will take my card to work, and download them there.
I love it!  Such pretty blues and purples...
Linda P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2008 05:45:26 PM »

I just wanted to post a little progress shot, since I've gotten started!  Lots more to do though.  If anyone else has progress shots I'd love to see them. Smiley

I have some ideas for "hair" and to embellish the face.  I put a beaded hanging loop on her because I'm going to give her as a gift to my granddaughter and I want her to be able to hang the dolly up for safety.  I'm working on the back side too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008 08:49:29 AM »

LMCBRIDE,
Gorgeous! I love the colors and how you are working with the pattern of the fabric. I am sure your granddaughter will just love it to death. Who wouldnt? Smiley
Amazing job guys- we have a flaker free swap! Yeah!
Everybody should have updated feedback now.
Hugs Tiegan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008 10:54:29 AM »

Here is a link to my post with finished pictures of my beaded art doll if anybody is interested. Many loving hours went into her.
Hope everyone is enjoying creating thier dolls. I would love to see more progress shots!
Hugs Tiegan
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=266195.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watch, Pass, or Rent: Despicable Me, The Kids Are All Right, & Predators
How to Create New Sequences Quickly in Premiere Pro CS5
What Not to Do During an Acting Audition
Good Advice for Young Directors
How to Approach a Monologue in Acting
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...