A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,386
Currently Running With Scissors:
693 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: August 2008 Ongoing Birthday Swap [Sign ups Jul 29--Aug 31]  (Read 2913 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DIY ho
ho ho ho

I'm a total Dean girl. I mean, YUM.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 29, 2008 01:47:23 PM »

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. SOME RULES HAVE BEEN CHANGED.

ALL BIRTHDAY BABES WHO POST A BIRTHDAY WISH LIST MUST FULFILL A BIRTHDAY WISH OF AT LEAST ONE FELLOW BIRTHDAY BABE. In other words, if you post a list and receive a gift, you must send at least one gift. Non-birthday craftsters may still send "unconditionally." Unconditionally in this swap means if someone fulfills one of your birthday wishes, you will send them a thank you note via snail mail. PM's or thank you posts do not count as thank you notes. Negative feedback will be given for those who post lists and receive, but never send. Please read below for the exact details. They are in BOLD.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL I SEND YOU A PM SAYING TO DO SO.

Swap name: August 2008 Ongoing Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: DIY ho

FOR POSTING BIRTHDAY LISTS Sign-up date range:  July 29 - Aug. 31, 2008
FOR CHOOSING A BIRTHDAY WISH TO FULFILL Sign-up date range:  July 29 - Aug 31, 2008
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 13 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

*This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete OR 20$ worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.
    * If your birthday is in August, then you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out.
    * Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would want to receive. You can have as many items on your list as you want to, but the minimum is 5. The more you have, the better are the chances to get claimed. Please try to have a good mix of items on your list. The last wish you will post is "a surprise."  Then you will post a bio about yourself. Please state at the beginning of your list where you are located.  Some people absolutely cannot send to people overseas for any number of reasons. We need to respect this valid concern. Also, please list any allergies or dislikes at the beginning of your post. Type allergies in red if they are severe.
    * Please post lists only. No discussion on this thread please.
    * Everyone will then go through the lists and choose a craftster they want to send a birthday gift to. Your birthday does not have to be in August for you to craft for someone! If you want to choose someone, just PM me with your info (including your address, please), who you want to craft for, what item, and I will send you their address.
    * When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both me (DIY ho) AND the chosen craftster. After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door unless you communicate in advance that something will take a bit longer. If two weeks pass, and I don't hear anything from youyou guessed it, negative feedback!
        * It is super important for everyone to keep good communication. It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#. It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).
    * You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 2 things. If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once and the package must be received before choosing again.
    * REMEMBER THAT YOU WON'T NECESSARILY GET AS MANY PRESENTS AS YOU SEND. IT'S ALSO POSSIBLE THAT NOBODY CLAIMS YOU. In that case, you WON'T get an angel. The angels replace only flakers and lost packages.
     *When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.

If you have any more questions or suggestions, you can send me a PM with "August Birthday Swap" in the subject line.

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- August 2008 Ongoing Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
A medium item is the following-
A craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete.
Or
20$ worth of Store Bought Items (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.)
Or
Couple of smaller items
Who and what do you want to send to? (if you know already)
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No

If you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- August 2008 Ongoing Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
Chosen craftster and item:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No

If you are already an August birthday babe, you do not need to send me this info again. Just send me who you want to craft for and what you will be crafting.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

August 2008 Gallery  Post your goodies!

May 2008 Birthday Swap -- May 2008 Gallery
August 2007 Birthday Swap -- August 2007 Gallery
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008 03:12:19 PM by DIY ho » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIY ho
ho ho ho

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008 02:07:36 PM »

Grin  Birthday Babes  Grin
     MareMare
     whyme81687
     dreadlochness
     GothChics

Non-Birthday Craftsters
     DIY ho
     javastain
     FunkyMonkeyDesigns
     Lethargic
     kayrun

Blue = sent
Strikethrough = received
Red = late (PM me)

Claims:
Send by Aug 27 -- whyme81687 claimed MareMare -- 8in squares, a surprise and a clutch.
Send by Aug 28 --  MareMare claimed whyme81687 -- a makeup bag, and jewelry findings/beads.
Send by Sept 4 -- **Javastain claimed MareMare -- Stitch 'n' Bitch book
Send by Sept 4 -- **FunkyMonkeyDesigns claimed MareMare --  scrapbooking supplies, especially boy things (sent on 9/8)
                         **whyme81687 -- yarn, makeup bag
(sent on 9/8)
Send by Sept 4 -- **Lethargic claimed whyme81687 -- a clutch purse thank you received!
Send by Sept 4 -- MareMare claimed GothChics -- curtains and handmade soap
Send by Sept 4 -- dreadlochness claimed whyme81687 -- jewelry, wall art
                         maremare -- 8 in crochet square, scissor cozy
Send by Sept 4 -- GothChics claimed dreadlochness -- a makeup bag and some head goodies
Send by Sept 6 -- whyme81687 claimed GothChics -- martini potholders and anything else martini themed I may think of.
                       -- dreadlochness for an ipod case.
Send by Sept 8 -- **kayrun claimed GothChics -- Martini dishcloth, 8 in knitting square, & hopefully a surprise

Claims in black preceded by ** are being crafted/send by NON birthday craftsters and require a snail-mail thank you note/card from the birthday babe. Wink
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008 03:37:09 PM by DIY ho » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whyme81687
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008 10:28:16 AM »

Hey All! My Name's Elizabeth I'm from Maryland and I go to uni in Baltimore. I'm turning 21 on August 16 and needless to say I am tres tres tres excited!! I'm going to be moving into a new apartment toward the middle of August and since it is just going to be me and my roommate with out any other annoying rooommates (we had our fill of them last year) we're really excited to decorate the place. I crochet, make jewelry and dabble in several other crafts, and my favorite colors are blue and green and I guess...onto my list. I'm allergic to cat hair.

*Yarn, whether it's handspun or not (though I'd prefer handspun) I can never have enough. The only thing I ask is no acrylic since I can find more acrylic than I would ever need where I live. Thanks Funkymonkeydesigns! but i can always use more  Wink

*Beads, I am always looking for interesting beads and findings to add to my collection Thanks MareMare! Would always love more!

*Wall Art, Since I'm moving into my apartment I'm looking for bright colorful fun things to decorate our living room/bedroom/kitchen with. Thanks dreadlochness

*Recipe box

*Purses, anything cute. Keep it medium size or smaller, I'm a bit obsessed

*some sort of organizer to keep all my toiletries that are under the sink under control so they don't end up spilling out onto the floor every time I open the doors that can get quite annoying.  Roll Eyes

*Magnets, I love fun funky magnets so send them my way

*handmade soap or lotions or lip gloss or chap stick or candles. I'm not really allergic to anything that i think would be in any of those so that shouldn't be a problem but if you want just ask.

*small bulletin board for above my desk. I'm not talking anything huge hear definitely no bigger than a sheet of paper. I bought a cute one at target and it broke so I need something better quality and maybe cute pushpins to go with it.

*Recipes, I'm learning how to cook so I'm looking for tasty recipes that are quick to make, seeing as i don't usually have much time after classes and work. Healthy is always a major plus!

*Drink accessories, Things like a cute shaker, stirrers, or the little wineglass charms or even a cute martini glass really.

*Jewelry (i do not have pierced ears, however I do wear clip ons) Thanks dreadlochness

*Anything Wizard of Oz/Wicked related, it's my current obsession

*Anything Anne of Green Gables related, it's my favorite book

*Make-up bag, mine is beginning to look a little run down Thanks MareMare!

*A surprise

Thanks in advance to anyone who picks me!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008 04:12:51 PM by whyme81687 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008 09:08:35 PM »

Hi, Im Mary Ann and I live in the rainy Pacific Northwest, USA. I will be 27 on August 9! I have 3 nephews (Sweetie (4), Monster (3) and Stinky (4mo.) My main crafts are soap making and other bath and body (lip balm, lotions, scrubs, bath truffles, masks, etc), crochet, and sewing, but I dabble in jewelry, scrapbooking/card making, cross stitch, embroidery, and anything else that catches my fancy. I like most colors but in certain combinations only, there is a long list in my profile.  I dont like black and hot pink together. No allergies, except wispy yarn like mohair makes me sneezy and itchy and I can't wear necklaces at all and have to be careful with other jewelry (needs to be loose and high quality/breathable material) because I have contact dermititis. I love hamsters and books and don't care for knick-knacks or amigurami or things that just take up space (I am trying to cut the clutter!) Decorations that can go on the wall are great, versus stuff that needs to sit on a surface. I love large scale floral designs, and nintendo~anything Zelda or Mario!

**Books on cross stitch or small cross stitch kits in Egyptians, Asian, or sassy or little boy themes

Sewing notions/trims. I love piping, rick-rack, etc and can use any size/color zippers!

Fat quarters of complementary/contrasting fabrics for headbands, small zipper pouches and learning to quilt/piece.

I would like to get back into scrapbooking! For supplies I am light on boy-themed papers/die-cuts/stickers. (thanks FunkyMonkeyDesigns!)

Decorated picture frames for pics of my nephews in various sizesas long as they can hang on the wall please, I do not have much counter space.

Some kind of budget/organizational system notebook, with a weekly, and monthly calendar, a pocket for receipts, a spot to keep my budget and write lots of notes and hold a pen.

8 inch knit or crocheted square(s) in black, white (pure white, not off-white or cream please) or gray (any shades) or combos of any of those (thanks whyme81687 and dreadlochness!) More are appreciated too  Grin

A cozy/holder for my sewing scissors. Ive been sewing since jr high and finally just bought a decent pair of fabric scissorsamazing! They are this style: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat3195&PRODID=prd59620&source=search(Thanks dreadlochness!)

Clutch purse, I love clutches and can never have enough! Any style, made any way, any color or design, please feed the addiction! I have several marked on my profile of some other people have made that I think are great, but I've never met a clutch I didn't like!(thanks whyme81687) More are appreciated always! :-)

A heavy duty-ish case for my camera, please pm for dimensions, it is kinda big (compared to all these gum pack sized ones out now!) I would really like it to be strong, maybe with home dec fabric and padding/batting or lots of interfacing to protect it

A checkbook cover, maybe with florals or something neutral to match lots of purses? I would love it if had one of those vinyl/plastic flaps at the bottom for my double page carbon checks so they don't bleed through onto the next one.

Sock weight yarn, preferably in a solid color (red, black, cream or olive green would be my faves). I finally found a pattern to crochet socks, but it might take more yarn than to knit a pair of socks.

Patterns/Books on~ Tapestry Crochet, the kind with the square chart/graph. Or just charts of something that is related to some of my interests.

Patterns/Books on~ Beginning quilting, very simplistic, or maybe a pattern for a small wall quilt to start out with?

A color bookthat shows how to blend colors, match colors, etc for quilting and other crafts.

Stitch n Bitch (just in case someone has an extra copy to unload!) (thanks javastain!)or sequals

Surprises are cool, there is a lot of info in my profile and links and wist.

Thanks to anyone who claims me!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008 12:23:45 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
DIY ho
ho ho ho

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008 09:37:04 PM »

Just wanted to let you guys know everything in the second post has been updated! And we have a package on its way! Grin

PS -- WE HAVE A GALLERY NOW! Post as you receive!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008 10:39:56 PM by DIY ho » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008 10:02:35 PM »

Yeah! for approval! 

I'm quite easy really but here we go (I love most everything so the list encompasses that)

I'm April and I'm a misplaced texan living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest and I absolutely love it.  I celebrate my golden birthday this year, my 31st birthday on the 31st of this month.  I giggle at the fact that I am the absolute oldest you can be and celebrate a golden birthday.  I'm happily married and have 2 wonderful kids and two beautiful giant breed dogs.  I love all aspects of crafting and have been making things my entire life.  If it's crafty I am so into it lol.

I am pretty simple when it comes down to it all I just love hand crafted things. 

Crafted wish list:

16 or 18 inch decorative throw pillow covers for my bedroom or livingroom (we are redecorating and rearranging our house and our livingroom is 'texas longhorns' orange with accents of teal blue and black, bedroom is shades of cigar brown and accented with creams and oranges, sitting room is multi toned clean water blues with cream color accents) neckrolls would be cool too Smiley

black and white photos/paintings/drawings of leafless trees preferrably 10x10 inches in size.  I have some wonderful frames that need art inside them each frame has 3 10 x 10 openings. and there are 3 of them, but I'm not picky I'd even just take art to fill one opening Smiley

Martini themed stuff for my kitchen, my kitchen is a fresh crisp green with birch cabinetry and my dishes are the same shade of green and bright teal blue.  Aprons, Oven mitts, pot holders, dish and/or hand towels etc...

Comfy PJ pants in knit fabrics, 'yoga style'. my hips are 34 inches and inseam is 32.

Love themed art for my bedroom.  I was married on valentines day and have an obsession with hearts and things that express romance.

handmade soaps and candles.  I love Jasmine, rose, blood orange, dragonsblood, etc...

Martini or pin up girl themed things for the bathroom.  my bathroom has the art of ralph burch and I have a nook area in my bathroom that is dying for some art or something fun to go there.  pretty much any fresh color would go in there.  I could use cute crochet/knit/fabric boxes to organize the bathroom closet and make it look pretty when open, or things like a soap dish or toothbrush organizer, or something to hold my makeup in a pretty fashion. 

anything themed with chicago bears or the oakland raiders (inspired by their colors or such) 

stuff to keep me warm (scarves, hand warmers, hats, shrugs, sweaters, hoodies, etc..) I would kill for a pair of hand knit socks (I have big feet for a girl my size).   I'm a dainty thing but built funny so I can easily provide body measurements if you need them Smiley I tend to look best in autmn or winter type colors.  I love cozy soft things, if it is meant to touch the skin it needs to be soft as I have skin that is sensitive to texture.

I love small purses.  and I love project bags of all sorts.

anything 'adult swim'  I'm a complete and total cartoon junkie.

car accessories
(Visor CD holder, back seat organizer, trunk organizer, trash bag, dash mat, i'm easy and my car needs serious help!)  I have a PT cruiser and two kids so space is tricky!  Have preference towards fun and funky cute girly punk things! (camo, skulls, flames, graffitti inspired, etc...)

8 to 12 inch crochet/knit/woven squares in blues, browns, creams (greens and rusty oranges are great too) in soft yarn (like caron simply soft or Bernat satin or redheart soft) design and style don't matter I want a yarn 'crazy quilt' made by many  Smiley

Whimsical yard or tree decor.

Anything from my wists

unexpected things I haven't really been given birthday gifts in years. 

fun/funky wall art for my sewing room.

I'd kill for curtians for my office window and I'm too lazy to make them myself.  Window is 72" wide by 48" tall.

super cute coasters or table linens. My dining table seats four, would love coasters for my livingroom a set of 8 would be killer cool (we love to entertain and I have rings everywhere) 

Reusable shopping totes.

reusable napkins (papertowel sized) for my kitchen/dining room.

fun decorated frames that can hang on the wall for my hallway

dainty elegant silvertone jewelry necklaces or earrings, a fun cuff would be excellent Smiley (ears are pierced, I am sensitive to nickel based metals so surgical steel or sterling are best)

Supplies:

A 'starter kit' for needle felting I'd love to try it but haven't the foggiest idea what I need to do it.

Handspun yarns, love yarns of all types. (but cannot work with anything too rough due to my sensitive skin)

A set of 47 inch circular knitting needles (5mm to 10mm) 

I'd love a set of knit picks knitting needles (DPNs or some of the circular ones)  i'd like to try them before I invest in the full set.

background rubber stamps in organic or abstract designs/motifs would love one in paisley

embossing powders, pigment inks, permanent ink pads or alcohol inks & accessories.

blank cards & envelopes for decorating (I've never really done paper crafts but would love to give them a try a little more seriously than I am now)

fun print cotton fabrics (fat quarters are great or any length)

I would LOVE to get a hold of 4 or more yards of the print 'inked' from the Alexander henry fabric company in multi, or to have anything made from it (an apron or pillow covers would be beyond awesome)  I am open to personal trades if there is something I can do for you for un-used fabric in this print.

broken jewelry, tiny metal charms, small gumball machine toys, etc...

other things:

Any of the Harmony guide knitting books as edited by Erika Knight.

gargoyles for my garden any size.

Surprises! I love surprises Smiley Make something you love to make and I am sure to be guaranteed to love it! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
dreadlochness
hooks for hands.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008 12:12:01 AM »

hi!  my name is katie and i'm a native bay stater who now lives in texas.  i live with my boyfriend and our four cats.  i have dreadlocks and my general style is sort of boho-hippie-trashion.  colors i love = blue, green, grey, yellow, brown.  colors i hate = pink, purple.

i have claimed:

whyme81687 - jewelry, wall art.
maremare - 8 in crochet square, scissor cozy.

what i am looking for!

supplies for:
woodburning
polymer clay
necklaces for pendants (i'd prefer a thick-ish gauge wire to chains)
sewing (i need different color thread like crazy, and always love fabric!)
crochet (i'm all set on needles, but yarn would make me happy!)
henna
glassblowing

i LOVE purses and bags and totes and messenger bags and grocery totes and everything that functions as a container.

i really really dig headgear of any kind, especially cause of my dreads.  hats, bandanas, scarves, headbands, anything.  i could also really use some beads with a large diameter hole on the inside to decorate my hair! (claimed by GothChics, but more always welcome!)

anything day of the dead themed.  i can't get enough of dotd lately!

jewelry, anything that looks "hippie" (no peace signs, please!) or unique or old and funky.  i have stretched ears, so no regular earrings, please! (my earring size is 1/2".)

wall art!  i love collages, especially if they have that "high fashion" sort of look.  i love photography, and really love models who use a lot of angles in their bodies.  i also love pictures of dancers!

i just got a new ipod touch, accessories for that would be great (like a handmade case that attaches to a wrist strap for workouts)! (thanks, whyme81687!)

i love thrift store finds. Smiley

i'm looking for fun graphic t-shirts that i can turn into bags.  i get a lot of them at goodwill, but i've picked some of the places around here dry lately.  show me whatcha got!

a makeup bag... mine is currently an old ziploc that's coming apart at the seams. (claimed by GothChics, thanks!)

a jewelry box!  mine is teeeeny and doesn't even fit all my earrings, let alone everything else.

i'm game for basically anything you want to make.  so if you have a project you're dying to try, i'll take it.  i love surprises. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008 05:38:00 PM by dreadlochness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIY ho
ho ho ho

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008 03:04:40 PM »

There's been some confusion with claims, so I thought I'd try to clear that up. Next month I'll just add this at the top in the info section, but I wanted to make sure everyone got to see it. This may be a tad different than what I've answered in PMs, but I wanted to read the previous swaps info first!

If you're claimed by a non-birthday crafter (these claims are preceded by **), you aren't required to claim again. You are simply required to send that crafter a snail-mail thank you.

Also, if you are claimed (again) by a birthday babe and you have already claimed once you are NOT REQUIRED to claim again. Smiley  It is mentioned at the top, that you may end up sending more than you receive. I only require birthday babes to send at least once.

I hope this helps!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008 03:14:07 PM by DIY ho » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Aloo Gobhi
How to Make Indian Bread
Classic Pad Thai Recipe
Cambodian Green Papaya Salad
How to Make Beef Pho Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...