A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HELP! Need Craft Fair Location Ideas!  (Read 730 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pumpkingirl
« on: February 17, 2005 05:47:34 AM »

Please post your ideas for Twin Cities locations for the craft fair I'm planning. If you have a contact or phone number, please post it also! Looking for indoors only, since it's probably going to take place in December.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
marisa

making it up as we go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005 02:36:47 PM »

why not try a community center that's in a convenient location for you?  school cafeterias work too, and may have cheaper room-reservation fees.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edamame
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005 09:28:13 AM »

I went to a wedding reception in nord east at a polish hall, or something... over by the modern cafe, it was around the corner and upstairs...

Somewhere on the State Fair Grounds?

There's another december craft sale at the Oval skating rink building in Roseville (draws large crowds)... sneaky, but maybe get another room at the same building and get some run-off from the other sale?

Community center/Rec center in Seward, or Uptown somewhere, or St Anthony Park-

Could rent out a room in Coffman (student center) at the U in Mpls or student union in St. Paul campus... depending on the date, students might still be around.

What about upstairs at Calhoun Square. Last time I was there, the stores had mostly moved out, but lots of hall/open space for booths potentially?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

happify
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005 10:04:30 AM »

Bryant Square Park is the closest park to Uptown (bordering/in), but the building is way too small for anything.  Kenwood is a bit further away and has a school attached; I know that in the past there's been a craft fair there, though I don't know if that's still happening.  There's also a park up around 40th and Lyndale, but once again their rec center is too small. 

Convention center (too big and perhaps too expensive unless you're getting billions).  Hotels (what about Le Meridien in Block E?).  Churches (the Basilica has a nice undercroft space).  Schools (might want some of the money what with budget cuts and such; not a neutral space).  An empty store in a mall (UNICEF has had a store window in Calhoun Square from Thanksgiving through the holidays for as long as I can remember, at least 15+ years).  VWF (there's on on the railroad tracks and Lyndale).  Perhaps talking to the Walker -- they might have a space in their new building.  A library (Uptown has some rooms on level B).  A hospital (at least in my experience, they often have people/businesses selling things for a few days in an empty room). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sparky
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005 10:17:17 AM »

Depending on the size of the craft fair, an art gallery might work too.  I wouldn't be surprised if someplace like Intermedia Arts (28th and Lyndale South - http://www.intermediaarts.org/index2.htm) might in interested in hosting something that promoted local craft people and artists.  Maybe even a bit of a gallery crawl?  There are a couple of other galleries in the area now (flanders may be a bit too high brow to participate in a crawl....http://www.flanders-art.com/).

Tidbits is a neat shop on Lyndale (http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&q=Tidbits&near=Minneapolis,+MN&sa=X&oi=locald&radius=0.0&latlng=44980000,-93263611,17663286875599169818) that features loads of sweet design items, some of which are designed/made by locals.  And Rockler Hardware is across the street (and one of my favorite spots to get my DIY supplies).  Maybe it would be possible to get some of these neighborhood businesses involved.

The VFW on Lyndale is also a great idea.  At the Boston Bizare Bizaar, I believe the hosting VFW actually opened the bar one year after a certain hour so people could buy beer and shop.  People are looser with their cash after a couple of drinks ;-)

And yeah, I'm promoting locations in my neighborhood. 

And hey, what about the gym at the YMCA at 34th and Blaisdell? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 3 Back to School Hairstyles
How to Create a Grecian Updo Hairstyle
Triple Braided Hairstyle Tutorial for Medium-Length Hair
Signs You Need a New Stylist
How to Use a Diffuser to Style Frizz-Free Curly Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...