A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 37 (8/01/01-8/31/08)  (Read 23177 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 27, 2008 09:06:26 PM »

Swap name: Ongoing wish swap 37
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:Summertimerolls
co-organizer: Tibeydo
Sign-up date range: (8/01/01-8/31/08)
Date to send item by: 14 days after claiming

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?

Age requirement?  13

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES

*IMPORTANT PM INFO*: When sending PMs, please label them as OWS 37 with one of the following tags:
Approval
Package sent
Package received
Question

This will help me stay organized.  Also, please include the send by date with any package sent or received.
Qualifications to Join

To join this round you must be cleared in all Ongoing Wish list Swaps through Round 34
(except for international delivery).  You also cannot join this swap if you are currently late in Round 35 or 36.
Do not join this swap if you are late in other swaps.  Please make those swaps your priority.

There will no longer be items allowed that are not craft or supply related, if you have questions please let us know

How This Swap Works:
Please READ CAREFULLY! This swap works differently than most!

Try to imagine a chain.  The first link is the first person whose wish list is on page 1 (Person A) - that will be the craftster member who was the very last wish list from Ongoing Wish Swap 36.

Now, we want to put another link in the chain.  People will read that list and see if there is something they want to/can make from the list.

Someone (Person B) will claim Person A for some item on their wish list.  They post a reply to the thread that says I claim Person A for [item].  This is my X claim (however many times they have picked someone for example, "this is my fourth wish, with one sent, and three received, (meaning that this is the fourth claim they've made, one is in transit to it's destination, and three of the items have been received by the people they previously claimed).  Also add your location, and any preferences or aversions I live in Wisconsin USA, I am a vegetarian, and I am allergic to wool.

IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REPLY WITH YOUR STATUS WHEN YOU CLAIM SOMEONE!  This means you need to post who you are claiming and for what, how many claims you have made, including how many in transit and how many received, and your location/preferences/aversions.

Then comes the fun part!  After the introduction, Person B is the last link in the chain, and they post their wish list!!!  YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY ITEMS ON YOUR WISH LIST AS YOU WANT, HOWEVER YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF SIX.  THE MORE ITEMS YOU LIST, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF BEING CLAIMED QUICKLY.  Also site examples, that helps A LOT
Please organize your list as follows:
Crafted Items:
Supplies:
Extras:

(Please have your list ready, this swap moves very quickly!  Please include your country at the start of your wish list). Person B will also PM Person A to get her address so they can mail the item when it is finished.   

Along comes Person C, who claims Person B for something on their list and the chain is built, link by link.  (If Person C wanted to make Person B a purse AND a stuffie, that would still count as ONE WISH.)  Then they post their list, and so on.

When you want to make a claim, you can ONLY pick from the very last wish list in the chain.  You can't pick anyone else in the chain - you can only connect to the very end of the chain, which is that last wish list posted.

After you have made your claim, you need to PM that person for their address.

Friends of Craftster are allowed 3 wishes at one time, others are allowed 2 wishes.  If this is your first swap, you are only allowed one wish until your craft is received for this month.  Do not choose over your given limit.
 If you already have one claim that will be sent out late, please don't claim again until that one is sent out.

Become a Friend of Craftster!  Go here: http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

If you are at your limit of wishes, you can choose again once one of your partners receives, NOT when you send.
***Do not claim someone unless you can fulfill that wish to a high caliber***

Let's keep the quality high here. I don't want to receive PMs with people concerned over the lack of quality of their items.  Please, just work your hardest to keep the bar high on the quality of items here!  Don't choose just for the sake of choosing; choose to make someone else a really AWESOME wish!

Now if the thread gets in a rut for a few days/hours, the person who made the last wish should add to their list if they can think of anything else, until someone decides to craft for them. Please make sure this is not you!

Unsure of where to find wish ideas?  Try the previous ongoing wish swap galleries or any other gallery on craftster.  Look through your fellow crafters wist lists.

Sending/Communicating/Feedback:
YOU HAVE TWO WEEKS TO GET YOUR ITEM OUT THE DOOR.
IF YOU DO NOT SEND A MEDIUM ITEM YOU WILL BE GETTING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
( the medium can be a couple small items etc as long as it adds up to a medium )
( A medium item equals two hours of crafting time or 20$ worth of store bought items )

Please be communicative if you are having any issues. If you communicate you still need to send your item in a timely manner.  Communication does not mean you can send as late as you want.  After one week past the deadline you will have negative feedback.  This is only temporary as it will be changed back once you fulfill your obligation for late item(s).  Do not choose to craft an item if you do not think you can meet these deadlines.

THERE WILL BE FEEDBACK FOR THIS SWAP
I will be giving feedback in the following way:
-  great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
-  good/poor communication:  where applicable
-  sent late/early: where applicable
-  no dc number: failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country
- did not follow item amount rule

Previous Swap Rounds:
If you are confused in any way by how this works, please look at some previous rounds:
Round 36 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254441.0

Round 35 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=249161.0

There is a gallery for this swap:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=259867.0

and you are also invited to participate in the discussion
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=260501.0

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer and co-organizer
Summertimerolls and Tibeydo

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
ADD OTHER SWAP SPECIFIC QUESTIONS HERE...

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

3 wishes
1boy1girl1kitty2 (5,5,5)
addicted2knitting (5,5,5)
akredhead (1,1,0) MIA package
animegirlie (1,1,1)
bettflow (0,0,0)
bkrenning (2,2,2)
cclewis05 (1,1,1)
CrossStitchinMomma (6,6,6)
cuppiecake83 (5,5,5)
elmpixie (5,5,5) Late sender-PO problems
farmgirljane (6,6,6)
frosty772 (3,3,3)
girlosun_9 (2,2,2)
Holliwood (1,1,1)
kitschkween (4,4,4)
la_chrystelle (4,4,4)
mimik (1,1,1)
mimiw (6,6,6)
missmoppet (3,3,3)
mommythemaid (3,3,3)
myloveasdeep (3,3,2)
patriaE (2,2,2)
phoenixfiredesigns (5,5,5)
pinupmommy (3,3,2) MIA package
purpleone (1,1,1)
quilted (4,4,4)
redstar13 (0,0,0)
Samsara (3,3,3)
SevsGirlOnly (0,0,0)
summertimerolls (3,3,3)
super geek (1,1,1)
Therisa (8,8,7) MIA package
Urvi (3,3,2) MIA package
Velvetrose (1,1,1)
Zombiecazz (3,3,3)

2 Wishes:
AbbyRose (2,2,2)
crafty+sassy (1,1,1)
lukenlarry (0,0,0)
parlophone (1,1,0) MIA package
poerava (3,3,3)
SalutingMagpies (2,2,2)
SnowyAngel (0,0,0)
veludo (1,1,1)
1 Wish:
Eveamlizya (1,1,1)
kookaloo_starr (1,1,1)
Recontructed T-shirt (1,1,1)
SierrasMom (1,1,0) MIA package

blue for sent
green for received
red for late without communication
orange for late with communication

Send By:
August 15
Summertimerolls to Farmgirljane for supplies including punchneedle, polyclay, etc.
CrossStitchinMomma to Summertimerolls for polyclay and buttons.
Elmpixie to CrossStitchinMomma for a wisty surprise

August 17
cclewis05 to elmpixie for a wists surprise and some fabric paint.
supergeek to cclewis 05 for some coasters and something I'm good at!
la_chrystelle to super geek for a tote bag.
therisa to la_chrystelle for natural unbleached yarn
elmpixie to therisa for key leashes, and maybe a coin purse. 

August 18
therisa to elmpixie for small tins
phoenixfiredesigns to therisa for a glass bead bracelet.
summertimerolls to phoenixfiredesigns for A handmade rubber stamp.
mimiw to summertimerolls for coasters and a trivet
1boy1girl1kitty2 to mimiw  for more baby stuff!!!
cuppiecakes83 to 1boy1girl1kitty2 for for a handmade book and an extra surprise or two!
elmpixie to cuppiecakes83 for some fabric
farmgirljane to elmpixie for a wisty surprise

August 19
cuppiecakes83 to farmgirljane for a doggy treat recipe book.
phoenixfiredesigns to cuppiecakes83 for a Wisty surprise.
frosty 772 to phoenixfiredesigns for a wisty surprise!!
CrossStitchinMomma to Frosty772 for a wisty suprise!
cuppiecakes83 to CrossStitchinMomma for A circular needle holder.
Mommythemaid to cuppiecakes83 for something Wisty.
CrossStitchinMomma to MommytheMaid for a Swiffer cover.
farmgirljane to Crossstitchin momma for a Green Man

August 20
quilted to farmgirljane for the knitting needle gauge, needles for a sewing machine, yarn scraps, and Fancy hairclips or hair pins for your daughter
mimiw to quilted for a wist-y surprise and dishcloths/tea towels.
girlosun_9 to mimiw for a wist-y surprise.
mommythemaid to claim girlosun_9 for some felt food.
summertimerolls to Mommythemaid for some resin magnets-with sprinkles.
Mommythemaid to summertimerolls for (gonna try the cuddle cups), some kiddo crafty stuff, and a few scraps for her I Spy quilt.

August 21
salutingmagpies to mommythemaid  for a boy's bucket hat and a Cadbury's caramel-gasm
la_chrystelle to salutingmagpies for buttons and beads, and maybe something else from her supply list.
kookaloostarr to La_chystelle for : small black bag to fit in just the things I need for an evening out, like a wallet, my cellphone and maybe some make-up, please with a shoulder strap.
farmgirljane to Kookaloo_Starr for a wisty surprise

August 22

mimiw to farmgirljane for instructions on making fabric bowls, felt sheets and probably some black and white fabric.
addicted2knitting to mimiw for baby legs and a wisty surprise!
1boy1girl1kitty2 to A2K for patchwork potholders! (couple sets)
phoenixfiredesigns to 1boy1girl1kitty2 for a Wisty surprise.
purpleone to  phoenixfiredesigns for a fabricgasm!
la_chrystelle to  purpleone little snap-fastening case like a business card wallet for me to keep cotton buds (Q-Tips) in my makeup bag & some velcro.

August 23
parlophone to la_chrystelle for a stenciled t-shirt and I'll throw in a bleach pen for good measure.
reconstructed t-shirt to parlophone for reusable grocery bags.
poerava to Reconstructed T-Shirt for knit headband in an earth tone.
1boy1girl1kitty2 to claim poerava for pot holders! i just finished A2K's and love them! i want to make more!!

August 24 This is a sunday so if you can send  8-25
Therisa to 1 boy1girl1kitty2 for kiddy pj pants
quilted to Therisa, for coin purses for holding several pairs of earplugs when traveling.
Addicted2knitting to quilted for "A funky work-in-progress bag that would fit a medium-sized embroidery hoop!"
quilted to Addicted2Knitting right back for an Amigurimi book, fabric covered tacks, and a pendant.
frosty772 to quilted for a wisty surprise!!
missmoppet to frosty772 for sewing thread, scrapbooking items and a stenciled shirt for her hubby.

August 25
kitschkween to missmoppet for a ninja bunny and hostess cupcake from her top 12...
PatriaE to kitschkween for a stenciled "my breath smells like marissa" shirt
kitschkween to PatriaE for a trebel clef necklace, cell phone charm and a surprise.

August 26
poerava to kitschkween for something inspired by her etsy faves.
mimiw to poerava for a small pouch to carry my toothpaste and toothbrush
animegirlie to mimiw for something (or two) inspired by her wists and some back pockets.
missmoppet to animegirlie for a few 'anything hello kitty' items and a 'wisty surprize'!

August 27
crafty+sassy to missmoppet for long plaid socks for her sock monkeys and im gonna try to throw in anything sanrio!
bkrenning4 to crafty+sassy for a MUSIC NOTE BACKPACK!
A2K to bkrenning4 for a fabric basket!  I'll chuck in something extra, too, just for grins.
bkrenning4 to addicted2 knitting back!  I have some ideas for Beatrix Potter inspired craftiness.
CrossStitchinMomma to BKRenning for a wisty suprise!

August 28

Phoenixfiredesigns to CossStitchinMomma for I would love some jewelry from PhoenixFireDesigns!
Urvi to PhoenixFireDesigns for a surprise from her list !!

August 29
Samsara to Urvi for some yoga sock and coloured shoe laces
akredhead to Samsara for beads and clasps.
abbyrose to Akredhead for fabric grocery bags and a surprise
CrossStitchinMomma to AbbyRose for some sculpey clay.
frosty772 to crossstitchingmama for some needle rolls!!

August 30
farmgirljane to frosty772 for a petticoat and bloomers
pinupmommy to Farmgirljane for a fabric bucket for her car

September 1 or 2 (due to a holiday)
quilted to pinupmommy for a spritz cookie press (from her wists). Yum!
1boy1girl1kitty2 to quilted for -- A Shabbat-to-go kit for saying the blessings on the road
kitschkween to  1boy1girl1kitty2 for anything supporting breast cancer awareness...
addicted2knitting to kitschkween for a book from her amazon
list!

sierrasmom to addicted2knitting for "your crafted surprise" and some dp needles
pinupmommy to Sierrasmom for Knitting needle and/or crochet needle case
therisa to pinupmommy for pillowcases-
urvi to therisa for an incensey sursprise !!!

September 3
zombiecazz to urvi for Crocheted 3d heart key chain and stickers that say - "This book belongs to Urvi Wani"
Samsara to Zombiecazz for some crochet stitch markers and a surprise from her Wists!
Therisa to Samsara for a surprise!
zombiecazz to Therisa for a beaded or crocheted bottle cover for wine bottle and a wisty surprise
pinupmommy to zombiecazz for Beaded Spider pendant
eveamlizya to pinupmommy for croc charms for maggie and a surprise (maybe two).

September 4

holliwood to Eveamizya for a scarf and possibly some hair accessories.
samsara to Holliewood for a pincushion and a Wisty suprise  Grin
zombiecazz to Samsara for the: Newspaper boy hat
salutingmagpies to zombiecazz for circular sock needles, yarn oddments and perhaps something for candle-making
Abbyrose to SalutingMagpies for a bias tape maker and a crochet hook roll inspired by her wist.
September 5
veludo to abbyrose and i'll sent her felt food for her daughter.
la_chrystelle to veludo for craft supplies and origami paper
mimik to La Chrystelle for : "- nice beads and cool findings. I love vintage, no plastic beads please, though I like plastic vintage charms"

« Last Edit: November 11, 2008 09:38:51 AM by summertimerolls » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me if you are interested in a personal swap.
summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008 05:42:47 PM »

September 6
Therisa to mimik for the pillowcases
Addicted2knitting to Therisa zippered pouches for organizing the junk in her purse!
poerava to A2K for something inspired by her wists.
urvi to poerava for pyjama pants and some fabric !!!
kitschkween to urvi for crocheted coasters
Farmgirljane to kitschkween for an etsy favourite wish

September 7
Therisa to Farmgirljane for elastic

September 8
FGJ to Therisa for a Khimar or Chador

September 9
Velvet rose to farmgirljane for a multi needle felting tool plus some fabric squares for a scrappy quilt.
elmpixie to velvet rose for silver earring findings, a CD and maybe some buttons etc. 
cuppiecakes to elmpixie for some wisty goodies!!

September 10
PatriaE to cuppiecakes83 for Sublime stitching patterns(sexy librarians), and some double fold bias tape and some superises!
Elmpixie to PatriaE for a bunch of surprises!
Cuppiecakes to elmpixie, again! This time for some patterns and more surprises!!!
CrossStitchinMomma to cuppiecakes83 for some glass beads.

September 11[/u]
myloveasdeep to CSM for knitted bath tubby
missmoppet to I claim myloveasdeep for kindergarten things.
1boy1girl1kitty2 to missmoppet for a bunch of supplies (unbelievable you have a wishlist of stuff i bought but will likely never use!!)
mylovesasdeep to 1boy1girl1kitty2 for handmade books and journals
phoenixfiredesigns to myloveasdeep for This nifty paper roll wall art.

September 12
mimiw to phoenixfiredesigns for a threadcatcher
1boy1girl1kitty2 to mimiw . . . . more baby stuff?!

September 13
Therisa to 1 boy1girl1kitty2 for yarn.
girloson_9 to Therisa for something from her wist.
mimiw to girlosun_9 for the Sew What! Skirts book
myloveasdeep to mimiw for a pincushion!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008 06:41:03 PM by summertimerolls » THIS ROCKS   Logged

summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008 05:08:59 AM »

So sorry folks.  Last night craftster wasn't working for me...I panicked only a little that I couldn't get OWS 37 started at midnight.  So without further delays I HOPE...37 is open.  Have a great round!

Here is the first list from Farmgirljane:

I am a 40 yo mother of 6  from Victoria, Australia.  We live as self sufficiently as possible on seven acres, growing our own food and meat.  My passions are quilting and sewing, I also dabble in papercrafts, crochet, I can knit but prefer not to.  I can quite often be found in the craft room well into the wee hours of the morning crafting for my market stall.

vintage,reclaimed or recycled items are fine In no particular order but those highlighted are preferences. Alot of the items on my WIST list are for my reference please check before choosing. I also have some favs in my profile.  Books are fine new or used.

UPDATED  UPDATED  UPDATED

Craftiness

cushions covers , white, embroidered/stencilled with a  magpie

A nice piece of artwork of a German Shepard, Magpie or sheep painted,pencil, drawn there are some examples on my wists

A needle felted German Shepard, jersey cow or sheep

Hair barette like this in browns, greens, yellows

Pens covered in polymer clay

Polymer clay canes

Crochet hooks with polymer clay handles - 3.5mm upwards

A stuffie for Ruby - cow,sheep or pig

Stencil of a rooster or cow - max 6 1/2 inch

Fancy hairclips or hair pins

Mans XL black/grey sleeveless/muscletop shirt with a WW2 tank/bomber/aircraft carrier stencilled on it

scrappy Quilt squares to make this - sizes 2 1/2 inch to 12 1/2 inch

Hand dyed or bought fiibre like this or in red,black,blue,green, teal

Recipe book of baked doggy treats

Lino block print kit - I already have some carving tools
lip gloss kit
resin kit
Punch embroidery kit

Supplies

large diecut dies suitable with sizzix original machine (yay finally got one) for flowers,leaves,stars,hearts or geometric shapes - pm for what I already have which is not alot Grin

Funky black and white fabrics - 1/2 yard min

Fabric charm squares - 5 inch - suitable for girls

Fabric with stamps on it - 1 metre of this would be fantastic if you can find it

Hexagon die for sizzix machine or compatable with - I would soooo owe you a surprise if you can find me one of these, I can find nothing and am desperate.

yarn scraps - minimum 1 yard length, any colour preferably 8 ply, for a scrappy rug. No eyelash or fancy yarns please

Silver chain for making necklaces or any silver findings (eyepins,crimps,ear hooks, ring and pendant mounts clasps etc)

Plastic inards of Kindersurprise chocolate eggs or similair to use in rattle toys
Patterns for felted bags crochet or knit
Knitting needle gauge
sewing machine cottons - various colours
sewing machine needles
hand sewing needles with large eyes - I keep losing mine
rotary cutter blades - 45's
printer fabric or the liquid you can get to make your own (can't get it here)
Punch embroidery tool
Multi needle felting tool
Eyecord automatic knitter thingy forgotten the name of them
Patterns/instructions to make fabric bowls
Retractable tape measures
Handheld wool carders
Rubber for stamp making
Poly clay

die cut felt flowers  and leaves in assorted colours, sizes and styles for appliqu

embroidery hoops - plastic kind to display fabric swatches - any size/shape - but preferably pink/red or black

felt sheets - any colours, acrylic or wool is fine - even decent sized scraps

Extras

Any of the books on my  wist
Also any books on polymer clay, chain maille jewelry, crochet accessories,pre loved is fine

Thankyou in advance for choosing me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008 08:24:18 AM »

First before I forget...Someone let me know that the discussion thread was in the wrong place, so I moved it to Talk about the swap process.  I would add a link but my pages are loading so slow for craftster it is crazy.  Is this happening for anyone else???

Second
I claim farmgirljane for some supplies.  Polyclay, punchneedle, felt, yarn scraps, and whatever else I find to throw in!

My list:
I'm 31 years old, I'm a stay at home mom of two , living in OH next to the new IKEA that just opened.    I love trying all crafts; I have crafting ADD.  I dont really collect anything, except crafting supplies.  I would prefer to make gifts instead of buying them if I have time,  I have made a bag with my sewing machine.  Im happy with the bag, and warming up to my sewing machineits a slow process though.  Ive been making reusable grocery bags, I love the idea of them.
I am very sensitive to scents, so PM on those.  I like using a lot of words and explanations and I have always had a problem with run-on sentences.
I ve changed a few things around, and Im going to keep looking for more to add.

Crafted Items

Guinea pig sleeping bags?  I dont have a pattern or even an example, but we adopted two guineas last month and they like to cuddle. 

Felt food for my kids.pancakes and pizza would be WONDERFUL!
 Thank you to atsuko and girlosun_9   So next on my list would be sandwiches!!!

mosaics....  Love mosaics.  They don't have to glass or ceramic or very large.  Paper, polymer clay, pebbles...small stuff like this....
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=204357.0

Curse word bean bags.  I think they are very funny, however Im more of a sh*t, damn, piss type, a little more mild I guess.  PM for the perfect sayings.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=227161.0

Project bag like this one. Nofury made it.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=225351.msg2438176#msg2438176

Coasters- we just redid our family room and now I need coaster for my wood tables.  I love the scrabble ones, or mosaic ones, but really any would be great.

Trivet-same as coasters but no plactic, it might melt

Supplies

Make your own stamp starter kit.  It doesn't have to be a store bought kit, just a couple supplies and a note or two on how to start. pending

This book http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-books/pid-1004536033/ in case link didn't work it is a Japanese book Crochet Motif Item

Handspun yarn.  I have never used any, but it all looks so beautiful.

Jar of whimies-

I want to make an I spy quilt, so any interesting fabrics that I can fussy cut.  Probably need to be at least 4 in square in size...scraps are great.
(Thanks to all who have sent, but I need more ☺)

Buttons.  Im thinking of making a mosaic with buttons.  So cheap, lots, flat buttons!  Maybe with a few fun ones thrown in?  Thanks for everyone who has sent me buttonsmy jar is getting full, but I still welcome more.

polyclay any brand, any color.

Anything that you are great at or love doing.   Like to Mod Podge everything you see? Make Journals?  Anything you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.  I like being surprised!

Extras

Im toying around with making my son a train collage.  Any pictures real or drawings of trains would be greatly appreciated. (cut from magazines, old books, etc.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrossStitchinMomma
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008 09:08:19 AM »

I claim summertimerolls for some ploy clay and some buttons.

This is my first claim, 0 sent and 0 rec'd.

Hi! I am a married, 26 year old mom of a wonderful 3 year old boy. I live in Tennessee. I love different cultures (especially Asian). I am from England originally and I really miss it. I love to dye yarn, do cross stitch, knit, cook, travel, watch movies, read and lots more... My favorite colors are black, purple and green. Thanks!

Wishes in green are what I'd love the most!

Crafts:

A Green Man for my wall. Examples of a green man are shown here - http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0geu5FwuZdI3_cAcR9XNyoA?ei=UTF-8&p=green%20man&fr2=tab-web&fr=yfp-t-501

The Ivy Pendant shown here or anything Celtic (Celtic Knots, etc) (with hopefully some sort of black or silver colored  necklace to put it on) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=247796.msg2745953#msg2745953

A chalkmat for my son like this would be great! (but with more boyish fabric like trucks or something) - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=12602804

A circular needle holder like this or similar (but not in the same fabric) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=216807.0

Soft throw pillows in a light green fabric for my bed. (PM me for color description)

Anything crafty with Diego or Bob the Builder for my son. Or anything with cars, trucks, tractors, etc would be appreciated as well.

Niddy Noddy - can be handmade, used or whatever!

Ball winder (for yarn) - can be handmade, used or whatever! I just really need one

Yarn swift - can be handmade, used or whatever!

This Union Jack Pillow -
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_3&listing_id=12525413
Thanks farmgirljane!

Pocket Learning Chart like the one shown here - http://www.lakeside.com/details.asp?I=LCF&Ntt=pocket&N=36&Nao=4&R=851176016LCF4&product=Learning-Cards-And-Pocket-Chart

Crafty Supplies:

Yarns To Dye For: Creating Self-patterning Yarns For Knitting by Kathleen Taylor

The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook by Lynne Vogel

Jacquard dyes - any colors would be appreciated! (can be found at http://www.knitpicks.com/jacquard%20acid%20yarn%20dyes%20-%2027%20colors_ADJacquardDyes.html?)

Syntrapol - any size bottle

Knit Picks Bare (undyed) Superwash Merino - preferably in fingering or DK weights. (can be found at http://www.knitpicks.com/bare%20superwash%20merino%20nylon%20sock%20yarn_YD5420145.html?)

Lots of foam brushes for handpainting yarn. These can be found at Walmart, Lowes, etc. Thanks mimiw!

Box of disposable gloves. Clear ones would be great but anything will be appreciated. Thanks mimiw!

A Yarngasm!

Bamboo DPNS in any size.

Undyed Roving

A sweater drying rack. They are plastic with mesh for drying sweaters and other clothes... I would love one of these and I can't find it anywhere!

Extras:   

British chocolates (i.e. Cadbury Creme Bars, Jaffa Cakes, McVities Digestive Biscuits - Milk Chocolate, Caramel Cups from Woolworths pick n mix section)...Can you tell I miss England? LOL.

I would also go crazy for some Battenburg cake or anything with marzipan in it. A box of Mr. Kiplings Cherry Bakewells would rock my world! Marmite for my mum would be nice too!

I have no allergies but my hubby is allergic to smoke and lots of things so pretty please defuzz items (if you have pets that shed like crazy!) or febreeze items (if you are a smoker). 

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008 08:10:05 PM by CrossStitchinMomma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/CraftyMomma

MY ETSY STORE IS NOW OPEN!!!
CUSTOM HAND DYED YARN!

Gorgeous hand-dyed yarn! TwilightKnits -

www.twilightknits.etsy.com
elmpixie
I need my hat, but not for my head...

Four's Treble

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008 08:44:34 PM »

I claim crossStichinMomma for a wisty surprise

1st claim 0 sent, 0 rec'd

Updated! Updated! Updated!

Top choices are in red!!!

Only all natural/not itchy yarns and fabrics please! Wool is fine, but I prefer a nice wool mix for softness sake. 

I live and love in Sunny California, San Francisco. I'm a starving college student who went to waldorf school, thus learning lots of crafts.  IM MOVING TO NEW YORK IN AUGUST FOR SCHOOL, AND THUS NEED A LOT OF WARM THINGS.  THERE ARE PLENTY ON THIS LIST!

HUGE WISH!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY would like a GOCCO japanese print maker... if you have one you don't use, I'd be willing to negotiate for it... crafts/money/cleaning your kitchen for the next 30 years perhaps?

Anything from my wists
I keep them very carefully updated on a regular basis.  I would love to receive anything from them. 

CRAFTS

Im in LOVE with everything this woman makes.  If you know how, or even just the materials she might use I will love you forever.  I REALLLY REALLLLLLLLY want to make things like this. 
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5056399

Knitted/Crochet Things

Purse (with some small specifications) pattern here
Verity, Gretel, Rose Red, or Sturan patterns here
Thigh high cabled leg-warmers like this
joodito super chubs here
swiss cheese scarf pattern here
Pantaloons pattern here
Hat pattern here
Prairie Boots pattern here

Sewing

ANY 1950's style dress (with full skirt, no pencils)
pinafore... any pinafore. like this.
Seatbelt purse, like this,or this.
Wrist cuff wallet like this, or this
Bubble dress, or any other Jersey knit dress that doesn't cling to the hips. Like this
Shiny Leather (ish) Clutch like this
Any Joodito-ish Sweatshirt

Other stuff

Custom made stencils
Felted Stone Rug, like this
Hanging Closet Organizers like this in cool fabrics. 
Sweet vintage-look hanger/hooks for the back of my door like this... they need to be really strong. 

SUPPLIES

Skeleton keys like this, this, and this.
Glass, corked test tubes or small screw-top matching containers for spices... magnetic or not.  Like the things in this store
Old typewriter keys...
The little Pieces that you screw to the back of something to make it into a belt buckle.  I cant find them ANYWHERE.

Canvas single color Vans or Keds or similar slip-ons in my size (womans 9)

Small glass containers like this

Fabric Paints
Fabric Markers
Bleach Pens

A Dremel
A small hand drill. 

Jersey Knit fabric in rich earthy colors. 2 yards minimum of each color. 
Plain Silk Mens Ties Most colors

Ink-Jet printer shrinky dinks

Beginning Needle Felting Kit
A Beginning Resin Kit

Vintage 20s-50s Womans patterns (talk to me first please)

Amy Butler Patterns (talk to me first. I have some)

Any number of various craft books, lots on my wist, but Id love some T-shirt reconstruction books, or Amy Butler books (I LOVE HER).

EXTRAS

BEESWAX PILLAR CANDLES
Small boxes... not kitchyI really really need little boxes, I use them for EVERYTHING. Jewelry, hair clips, make-up, ephemera, camera cards, vitamins, band-aids, needles, pins, buttons, beads, and just about everything else small you can think of.  Seriously, Id really love a pretty, nice, small box.  Or two or three. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008 12:21:10 PM by elmpixie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST
BLOG

Couture
Bag with a plan
Wearables
Wall-E
cclewis05
What matters is not the length of the wand, but the magic in the stick.~*Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008 06:53:58 AM »

I claim elmpixie for a wists surprise and some fabric paint.  First claim (0 serving 0)

Hi, I'm Candi I am 21 . I  just moved from Charlotte NC and live in Winston Salem NC. I am the very easy to please type. I like all kinds of colors and styles. I don't have anything I am allergic to nor do I have any pet peeves such as smoke. everyone has  habits much like many people on craftster I am addicted to collecting craft stuff  I am more into the paper part and do dads such as that, I would love to expand a little but with little to no storage room in our apartment I have to decide and I'm afraid that the craft things are taking over. Thanks in advance to who ever chooses me.

Crafts:
1.)Window decals can be just letters or little stick people, stick animals
2.)Hand drawn pictures of anything
3.)A Apron anything cute
4.)Yoga mat holder like what in in my wists
5.)Eco friendly shopping totes
6.)personal hygiene case
7.)Wind chime
8.)Eco friendly dryer sheets
9.)Something your good at. I am so interested in what other people do in there spare time.

Craft Supplies:
1.)At least a yard of oil cloth.
2.)a home made beginners felting kit
3.)Any type of odds and ends. Little buttons old stamps Etc.. Etc..
4.)Stationary sets
5.) watercolor colored pencils ( new or used are fine)
6.) stencils of any sort I have a idea
7.) cassette tapes
8.)neat o stickers wedding theme, Daisy's, or yellow somethings
9.)old birthday cards or old cards in general.

Extras:
1.)Anything Spanish that can be framed for the kitchen the little dresses that Hispanics wear are beautiful
2.)Recipes of any sort I love to cook
3.)Coasters (husband never use them but I will)
4.)A world map and little push pins or something of the sort ( passports make you feel like you can do anything)
5.)Awesome pictures of anything I am trying to make a wall collage and little notes or just random stop the car look at that sunset kinda pictures. (don't have to be a sunset really)
6.)a quilled piece, flowers would be awesome (would be put in a picture frame)
7.)A all- in one type of journal such as calendar, work times and little stuff that normal people use everyday
8.)sock monkey I don't think I ever had one, just a cabbage patch kid.
9.)a Awesome travel pillow ( my man pillow is freaking people out)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors.
-- Jim Morrison
super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008 08:51:52 AM »

I claim cclewis05 for some coasters and something I'm good at!  1st claim, 0 sent, 0 rec'd.

About me:
I'm a high school student living in upstate New York.  I love crafting, reading, music, and yarn.  I am mainly a knitter, but I dabble to different degrees in many things, including lots of sewing.  No allergies, love fruity scents but not floral ones, and would prefer things not to smell of smoke. 

Crafts!:

-Strong magnets to stick in my locker.

-A dress like http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8491325 this, but in a larger size in stretchy black.

-Some lined, zippered pouches.

-A nice tote bag for me to cart music around (to lessons and such).  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=261020.0  I love this one!

-Something with http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=184952.0 this graphic on it.

-A big, slouchy grey hat (could be a beret or not).

-A small ribbon and fabric covered corkboard.

Craft Supplies!:

-Royal purple velvet ribbon, at least 2 yards.

-Thick gold-tone chain, about 20 inches at least.

-Clear packing tape (the kind that's all plastic, with no ridges).

-Black or dark grey jersey fabric, at least 3 yards.

-Shrinky Dink paper and fine-line sharpies

-Jewelry findings (chains and clasps, very fine, to go with the shrinydinks)

Extras!:

-Chocolates mmmm...

-buttons

-Pretty or artsy pictures

-Postcards that are interesting or out there, or reproductions of famous artwork

« Last Edit: August 03, 2008 09:25:40 AM by super geek » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
la_chrystelle
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008 09:38:25 AM »

i claim super geek for a tote bag.

first claim, none send and I am in the Netherlands

my wishlist:

crafts:
- a pullover like this; http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=107162.0 ( yeah, I can hope, can't I? or maybe someone will do a personal swap for it? pm me Smiley )
- a silver ring that says the word love, preferably stamped. size 5/6
- stenciled t-shirts, see for examples what I like my wists. anything nature, bird related would be cool. ( size small/medium )
- grey or black crochet wrap I love this one; http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=145979.msg1438063#msg1438063 but anything with a nice pattern in it is welcome. ( guess this is a big one to, so maybe someone will do a personal swap for it? pm me Smiley )
- a bag like this, http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k224/Lady_bag/Mess-Fron-b.gif would be very appreciate!
- small black bag to fit in just the things I need for an evening out, like a wallet, my cellphone and maybe some make-up, please with a shoulder strap.
- a nice pouch or wrislet to put stuff like my cellphone and lipbalm in.
- felt bookcover a5 size please! http://www.wists.com/la_chrystelle/228ddc86b6dfb0aa3e9b5e7159130e6f?offset=60
- head scarves, knitted or fabric, not to thick please!
- felt/crochet bonbons and cakes
- Handmade Paper
- make-up bag
- long fabric/knitted fingerless gloves ( under the elbow or just a bit above my elbow, will pm you my measurements.)
- woven shawl preferable in beige
- fabric scarf in earth tone colors
- project bags
- a knit hat like this http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2388/2221958757_1afb4513af.jpg, only maybe in a dark green or navy blue, pretty please
- handspun yarn. I love the ones with things added like flowers or shells. Any like that. It can be a small amount too, I don't knit, I need it for some clutches, so it doenst need to be many.  Maybe something pink, white or grey... eart thone colors... what ever you like to spin!
- wristwarmers like this, in grey, black, green or navy blue  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=156030.msg1670389#msg1670389
- Laupree's button up legwarmers, in grey, olive green or black please!

Supplies:
- set of matching fabric, like one stripe and one damask in the same color, anything like that
- handbag/purse handles! everything is ok!
- Amy butler, heather Bailey, Micheal miller, Alexander Henry or similar fabrics.
- felt beads in the those colors, pink, grey, black, baby blue, soft green and white would be lovely!
- nice beads and cool findings. I love vintage, no plastic beads please, though I like plastic vintage charms
- Japanese/kimono flowering fabric like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28941270@N00/105173666/
- flexi
- cute (Japanese) fabric
- sterling silver chain for necklaces (preferable small chains)
- quilting cotton colors I prefer at the moment are pink, grey, black, baby blue, soft green and white, could be plain but I love prints!
- key fobs
- yarn in the colors grey, black, sweet pink and white, can be chunky can be thin, please with label or a note what kinda yarn material it is, like mohair, wool, acrylic... just in case I need the info!
- bleach pen
- how to make a resin pendant kit
- drop spindle kit
- Any Japanese craft books or magazines, or just one with the same cute patterns in it!
- fashion magazines for inspiration and collages.
- Merino Roving

EXTRA
- anything to do with fashion
- strawberry or sour twizzlers!

and ofcourse anything of my wists.

21 year old girl, I study fashion at academy vogue, living in the Netherlands, I love traveling and my fav colors are earth tones. No batik, No neon colors please. Nothing childish, unless it's Japanese. I can't stand strong scents like lavender, or my mom's chanel perfume! those make me sneeze and hurt my nose
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008 09:40:04 AM by la_chrystelle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Therisa

Knitfiend, Mad Sewist

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008 11:19:54 AM »

I choose La_Chrystelle for natural unbleached yarn. This is my first claim this round, I live in Michigan USA, I am
a crafting fiend who loves only natural fabrics and who is allergic to smoke, cats, and aloe vera.

Crafts -color and style ideas on my wist

coin purses for holding several pairs of earplugs when traveling and for organizing coins from different countries

travel slippers - size 44 EUR, 12 NNN USA

pen roll to hold thin and thick fabric markers.

zippered pouches for organizing the junk in my purse

glass bead bracelet http://wists.com/Therisa/7bbd092639c2898e0591a6f8b446f4eb?offset=20

Pac-Man Purse http://wists.com/Therisa/c26203c7db5f55dce3664557dbf30c35?offset=0

garter belt  (waist is 98 cm)

beaded or crocheted bottle cover for wine bottle

miser purse (not required to be historically accurate)

handmade soap

key leash for purse (purple, black, cream purses each need key leashes) -any durable material would be great

beaded or crocheted headpiece like this one http://www.costumeinc.com/p8054/Roaring-20s-Beaded-Headpiece.html

2 yds tie-dyed cotton or linen fabric (I am a big person so one yard wouldn't cover anything)

incense holders for the long, skinny type of incense

handmade incense

decorated toe separators for pedicure - I read that Beyonce had a set of these.

embroidered pillowcases - washable in HOT water!   Any pattern/design will be cool, since all my sheets are solid colors.

large bag appropriate to take to Renaissance Festival and to keep lots of stuff in like water bottle, etc.

camera case for small digital camera, any craft style would be great. 

Craft supplies

vintage iron-on transfers for embroidery on household linens, or stamped linens for embroidery - not cross-stitch, cutwork, or animal please - thanks Poerava!  This is an ongoing wish so I'll leave it here.

DMC *linen* embroidery floss in ecru and/or black

fabric paints in squeeze bottles

modge podge

acid fabric dyes

"Ready to Smock" panels or garments

pleater for smocking (you never know, someone may have one of these hanging around)

shrink plastic for inkjet printer or otherwise

sharpies metallic gold markers

tatting shuttle

pillow or bobbins for bobbin lace

Back issues of "Sew Beautiful" magazines 2001-2008, I have only current issue of these and I love them.

Back issues of "Creative Needle"  - I don't have any yet.

any knitting book by Meg Swansen except "Sweaters from Camp", your pre-loved copy is also appreciated

any book by Martha Pullen your pre-loved copy is also appreciated

craft books from my Amazon wishlist https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3LG5TCK0BLZO2

Extras
silk fabric scraps, it's amazing how small of a piece you need for a panty front or back.

Thanks to the person who chooses me!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008 11:42:21 AM by Therisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I joined the Fabric Fast and pledged to buy no new yardage until July 1, 2008.

2008 Fabric Purchased: 56 yards

Fabric Sewn: 93 yards

Fabric Remaining: An Awful Lot

I am open to personal swaps!

http://www.wists.com/Therisa
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Latest Cameras in the Market
New Releases for Photographers
Photography and Make Up
Macro Photography Tips
What is Macro Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...