A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Happy Homemaker Swap.- CLOSED-Sendout 9-13  (Read 19400 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

opheliapoe
« Reply #300 on: September 11, 2008 04:43:31 PM »

i know i am definitely appreciative of the extra time. its just been one thing after another for my family in the past few weeks. this week, i have been dealing with my son who just started kindergarten last month being miserable with his class. his teacher is an awful woman and the staff at the school are just terrible to deal with. the latest trouble is that they are telling him he isn't allowed to have snacks because he is at a certain level on a discipline chart during the day. so, i'm going to be complaining to the school board about that one. we are trying to get him a different teacher, but they are giving us a hard time over it. so, i'll be going to the school board over that too. kindergarten isn't supposed to involve this much drama. no wonder so many kids hate school and drop out these days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PerachYafeh
C.A.D.ing around...

Got crafts?YouGetFun!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #301 on: September 11, 2008 06:55:58 PM »

no prollem everybody.

i could use it myself as well, ive been feeling really crappy lately, and havent had the energy to do much of anything actually...

Come and check the posts..I am sure some talent gals here can make you smile! Hang in the girl! You are a great person.
I have been sick...tired...but the falling leaves off the window gives me  a note that life has a recycling period...We will get better!! I am even taking cod liver oil to help out!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2008 03:21:55 AM »

i know i am definitely appreciative of the extra time. its just been one thing after another for my family in the past few weeks. this week, i have been dealing with my son who just started kindergarten last month being miserable with his class. his teacher is an awful woman and the staff at the school are just terrible to deal with. the latest trouble is that they are telling him he isn't allowed to have snacks because he is at a certain level on a discipline chart during the day. so, i'm going to be complaining to the school board about that one. we are trying to get him a different teacher, but they are giving us a hard time over it. so, i'll be going to the school board over that too. kindergarten isn't supposed to involve this much drama. no wonder so many kids hate school and drop out these days.

im sorry, but thats just ridiculous. a discipline "chart" means no snack? thats crap. he's (im assuming) 5! i would be all over that school board, it's ridiculous. i remember once we had a teacher try to take our lunch and then our playtime away. (he was a visiting art teacher) and our parents were so...bothered...tha t our real teachers had to step in. he never came back.

go get 'em mom. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
opheliapoe
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2008 05:16:38 AM »

well, i do live in Mississippi. and i'm sorry to anyone who was born and raised here... but i have lived all over the country, and this state is the most ignorant and backwards state in the nation in my opinion. they even still spank kids in school around here unless you make sure that you fill out 20 million forms telling them not to lay a hand on your child.

but, anyhow... this whole thing is literally making me sick. i've been keeping myself up at night worrying about him and i'm sick with worry the whole day while he's at school. the very last resort is pulling him from school to home school him. but, i hope it doesn't come to that. i'm one of those people who doesn't have the patience to home school. lol

so, dragonmama...if you wind up with a few voodoo dolls in your package that look like teachers, sorry about that. must have gotten mixed in while i was trying to relieve some frustration. haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2008 08:47:52 AM »

opheliapoe that teacher is an idiot, if he is hungry and his blood sugar is low because he needs a snack, then he is likely to be cranky and irritable and more badly behaved (lol all men are like this, not just little ones!) so denying him a snack because he hasnt met required standards of behaviour means that he is much less likely to meet them. Food should never be a punishment or reward, that teacher is really really bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

« Reply #305 on: September 12, 2008 09:04:17 AM »

no kidding! it just keeps p!ssing me off. food isnt even used as a punishment for dog training (at least good ones)...

anyway, today is looking up, maybe i'll get some craftastic-ing tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
crafty gurll
« Reply #306 on: September 12, 2008 09:09:21 AM »

My package is enroute as of 9 a.m. this morning! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

santacruzsugar
« Reply #307 on: September 12, 2008 10:30:00 AM »

I agree with Edel-

I've taught kids K thru 8th in an environmental education school, and with the little ones, I had to straight up stop my lessons to give them snacks, otherwise, it just turned ugly.

and I hate to admit it, i don't think its just guys that get cranky with no food! I'm like that too!

and to make this still a crafty post, I will be going to the hardware store today for some finishings for my medium item!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewFixated
« Reply #308 on: September 12, 2008 08:39:57 PM »

What an awful school!  There's a great book called Teaching With Love And Logic that needs to be given to the school board so they can retrain their teachers!  If my child had an awful teacher I would wind up being a volunteer room mom so I could monitor what was going on.

I'm excited to hear someone else has sent their package.  Pretty soon there will be 3 swap packages in the gallery! 

Katz:  I hope you are feeling much better since your Dr. gave you the ok to do whatever you want ... minus the dishes!  I have been writing down recipes from your blog and drooled over the beans!  I love beans but my DH does not like anything with beans or lentils.  I LOVE lentils.  I've added your blog to my bloglist because I so enjoy reading it.  I hope you are able to get some happy crafting done now that you are back on your feet.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

My Wists
krazy4katz
A Needle In A HAystack

Old....but not dead yet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: September 13, 2008 01:55:31 PM »

I have your blog bookmarked in my favs but wasn't sure if you wanted it public... Your little sweetie is a cutie!!

I am feeling MUCH better!!  I'm crafting for my soon to be here nephew...I love making baby things!

The post office says your package was delivered to the "unit" in your town... I SOOOOO hope it gets there soon.... and I REALLY hope you like it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dry Shampoo Use
How to Get a Loose Side Braid
How Style Beachy Waves
How to Style Short Hair
How to Get a Braided Up-Do
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...