A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,460
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Happy Homemaker Swap.- CLOSED-Sendout 9-13  (Read 19590 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SewFixated
« Reply #240 on: September 01, 2008 10:15:36 PM »

Oh Please!  You're making my mouth water.  Tongue  Swiss chocolate is my fav but the only kind you can get in Utah is Lindor Lindt Chocolates. 

Labor Day here in Utah was cold and VERY wet so there wasn't much vacationing here.  I hope everyone else had a good Labor Day weekend.  It's good that Hurricane Gustav isn't turning out to be as bad as Katrina.  Our thoughts are with everyone in the gulf states especially with those who have experienced tragedies.

I'm very anxious to see the gallery being filled with amazing crafts.  It feels like Christmas to me!  I can't wait until I get my crafts from Katz!  ~ Hope you're feeling better every day.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008 07:02:57 PM by SewFixated » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

My Wists
krazy4katz
A Needle In A HAystack

Old....but not dead yet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2008 04:44:53 PM »

...Thanks tons, I AM feeling pretty well... as a matter of fact I am feeling so much better I should be able to mail your package THIS weekend instead of next week...

I really hope you're going to like your package!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinklrt
« Reply #242 on: September 02, 2008 06:24:48 PM »

My goodness, some of you are FAST! I just completed a "practice" project for one of my items....solves my issue of wanting to keep everything for myself and also ensures that I won't be sending out an item full of mistakes. Wink I'm pretty sure that I'll be sending right around that deadline. This swap period seems to be going by awfully fast.

Gotta get off the computer and back to craftin'...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Colorado Deb
« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2008 08:36:30 AM »

Edel...
  I can't send photos in a pm... so maybe this will help!
maybe this will help-
Thr front of my house.  I sit out here and read a lot, we do hang things on the door and beside the door.  To the right of the door is my iron rooster bell, llove that thing!

We have a very open house- this is part of the kitchen, dining and you can see the entry... messyness and all!   

This is my chair in the living room- right now I am trying to hand sew at night and I am having to drag lamps all over for proper lighting. 

The other side of the living room.  cozy couches, lots of room to hang.  Nothing too fussy or formal... lot of books though!

and this is the dining room... too bright of a photo I know. 

All the walls are a kinda green/tan color and all the floors are dirt colored Smiley  I did realize that we have nothing on the walls, I think when we painted we just never got much back up and when I see the photos it does look plain. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.-  NuClia Waste
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #244 on: September 03, 2008 09:18:25 AM »

wow Deb I love your house, lots of books and comfy chairs, exactly what I like.  it is interesting how climate makes such a difference to architecture. My house has smaller rooms, and they all need to be able to be shut off from one another, otherwise heating bills are astronomical, for the same reason windows tend to be a bit smaller,usually with thick curtains for extra insulation on cold days.

Thanks for the pix, it gives me a better idea of some things I have in mind, there will be a crafting blitz over the weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Colorado Deb
« Reply #245 on: September 03, 2008 09:48:49 AM »

That big glass door off the dining room will actually heat most of the house in the winter so much sun comes in.  In the summer we roast if we don't keep those blinds closed. 

Ok.. the husband is home so i am off the computer and down to the dungeon to sew Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.-  NuClia Waste
grunteeistgut

cassie-tail trendsetter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #246 on: September 03, 2008 02:34:03 PM »

Colorado Deb - I love your house! its so cozy and inviting! I am going into craft overdrive as well this weekend. Im in the process of switching jobs so things have been hectic - but i have a few days off before i start my new job. I am so excited to sit down and get everything done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to get some hand warmers/mittens for this winter! Personal swap anyone??
NiinaMaria

Crafter by accident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: September 04, 2008 02:44:37 PM »

Aaargh. It is nearly 1am over here and I've been embroidering one tiny item for over two hours.
Need. Some. Sleep.
At least I had SOME sense when I opted out using satin stitch...

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jaybee
« Reply #248 on: September 06, 2008 03:43:48 PM »

Honey I'm home....back from switzerland, it was awesome, my jaw is still on the floor from the scenery, it was amazing, what was even more amazing to us Irish people, was 10 days of sunshine. The weather this 'summer' (ha! summer...ha!) has been atrocious, rain and rain and rain, so
colorado deb I adore those fabrics and whatever they turn into will bring some much needed sunshine into my house. I cant wait.

back to work today, after arriving back yesterday, its been an insane couple of days, but we did bring back about 20lbs of chocolate, to give away to everyone, we arrived at the airport with about $60 in swiss francs so what else could we do except convert it to chocolate....the swiss eat more choc per head than any other nation in the world, they give their soldiers chocolate in rations and they give it out on their airlines, the duty free in zurich has more chocolate shops than anything else...is that a country that knows is stuff or what??? and the quality of even the cheap supermarket stuff is fabulous...mmmmmmmm

but I have a few days now to concentrate on some serious craftiness....and to work on my chocolate consumption

I envy you for all the chocolate you got! I went to Switzerland a few months ago and LOVED it! I didn't want to come back. I couldn't take my eyes off the beautiful scenery too. I definitely want to go back sometime. How long did you go for?

In crafting new, I'm almost done with the package for my partner.....just trying to finish up some small items.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewFixated
« Reply #249 on: September 06, 2008 05:28:41 PM »

One more week and then the gallery will start filling up!  I am way excited.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

My Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Wine Glass Texture - Cheetah 3D Modeling
How to Make Clouds - Pixelmator
How to Create a Cool Text Trick - Motion 3
How to Get Real Time Play Back - Final Cut Pro
How to Paint - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...