A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
596 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 59
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow Patchwork Skirt  (Read 138872 times)
Tags for this thread: rainbow , craftster_best_of_2008 , patchwork  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jelliebean
« Reply #450 on: July 21, 2009 09:24:23 PM »

This is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love it and I would totally wear it every day!  I'm sorry people said hurtful things...I think it's really retro and very, very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?"
    --Buddha
limepuff
« Reply #451 on: July 22, 2009 02:17:42 PM »

I love it. I made attempt it one day, but I would probably go crazy before I finished it. Nice job, I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
groperesponsibly
Mom to a beautiful, craft loving little girl!!

Dippin' my fingers into all things crafty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: July 22, 2009 07:11:29 PM »

Oh my god this is the most beautiful skirt I've ever seen.  I'd wear it everywhere, anywhere, all the time and any time!!!!  I don't think I've ever had my breath catch over a piece of clothing until now!  (At least, when I wasn't in it :p aka, my prom dress.)

This was wisted in a heart beat.  I've yet to go see if you'd be willing to make one to sell.  Oh man I'm hoping you do!  I'd be more than willing to buy all the fabric and cut all the squares!  I just couldn't sew it together to save my little life!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do: Polymer clay minatures, Polymer clay beads, Beadweaving, Jewelry, Stone cutting (Cabachons) and wirework.  I will be doing: Stone cutting (faceted), Pottery, Silver and Glass work.

Personal swaps welcome Smiley
AllyCatAria
« Reply #453 on: July 26, 2009 09:12:47 AM »

This is beautiful and totally awe-inspiring.

Would you mind if I make one based off it for myself?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love HP & Crafting? I'm participating in HP Craftalong~ Fall Semester 2012 Join the magic)

My Pintrest
lenalove
« Reply #454 on: July 30, 2009 03:29:13 PM »

Clearly the people who made fun of this skirt are idiots because it is TOTALLY FIERCE. I really want to make one (possibly knee length though) for my friend because I know she'd flip over it, but I can tell it was an insanely complex project. Five months? MAN I admire your persistence~

Also I love the photos where it's all spread out so you can see the fullness. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ihearbanjos
« Reply #455 on: July 30, 2009 04:06:18 PM »

I want this skirt
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NoAddedMSG
« Reply #456 on: August 05, 2009 09:52:55 PM »

I love it and I want one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swirlygrrl
« Reply #457 on: August 06, 2009 10:12:38 AM »

WOW!  Anyone who can't see how AMAZING this skirt is, is blind (and stupid).  I've made a couple of skirts like this out of solid colors and that alone is unbelievably tedious. 

Please don't let negative comments color how you feel about it.  It's absolutely gorgeous and you should be exceedingly proud of the fabulous job you did on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rinnial
« Reply #458 on: August 07, 2009 06:31:00 AM »

I think it's amazing! I used to belly dance and that type of skirt would be absolutely gorgeous and perfect while dancing...seriously it's the type of thing a dancer would pay hundreds of dollars for the privilege of wearing!
I love all the colors and it would look stunning swirling during a dance!

You should be very proud of your work. I've made and loved many an item that others have not loved...who cares? They're probably just wishing they could make something as amazing as this themselves! You're very talented!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tanyaw85
« Reply #459 on: August 07, 2009 08:29:25 PM »

How could people not love it?! I was just thinking I would love to make one - it would work in EVERY season! Especially in winter, with some warm tights underneath and some boots... hmmmm... Not sure I have the patience for this yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 59 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
SKINSHIFT Supplements That Will Help and Fix Your Skin
Narciso Rodriguez Fall 2014 NY Fashion Wk Backstage, Interviews & Runway
How to Pick the Right Foundation Color
How to Contour
Gretchen Rossi Shows You How to Get a Perfect Eye Shadow Look
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...