A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 307,604
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 59
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow Patchwork Skirt  (Read 193407 times)
Tags for this thread: rainbow , craftster_best_of_2008 , patchwork  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Krysdra
« Reply #260 on: August 05, 2008 08:22:54 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that people ridiculed this dress. It is awesome, and I only wish I had the patience to do one myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewSweetSuperhugs
« Reply #261 on: August 05, 2008 12:26:43 PM »

Your skirt is totally beautiful and you should be really proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kawaii, chouette and Superhugs awayyyyy..................
bons
« Reply #262 on: August 05, 2008 01:13:00 PM »

Hi!  I'm fairly new to craftster and finally figured out how to post things [don't laugh! ok, laugh].  When I first saw your skirt, it took my breath away!  It is a real piece of art.  I understand how any criticism can break your heart when you work so hard on something, but trust me, it's beautiful.  Also, remember that most people don't understand art or fashion.  I feel sorry for them, honestly.  Don't let them shake your confidence or stifle your creativity. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bmbroeren.etsy.com
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 05, 2008 02:55:48 PM »

I added your beautiful skirt to my favorites. It is so gorgeous and what a labor of love! I don't know how anyone could criticize such a work of art.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
Ligeia
« Reply #264 on: August 08, 2008 09:24:21 PM »

Have you seen yourself on the threadbanger.com blog? Congratulations, once again to you, the creator of "the mother of all handmade skirts!" You've made waves in the crafting community. And I'm still going to copy you. More than once!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Better multitasking skills through massive caffeine consumption.
superfantastisch
« Reply #265 on: August 09, 2008 04:34:38 AM »

Far out, your skirt's amazing. Don't let the bastards get you down! Argh, I love your skirt so much. I can't believe people actually made fun of it. One question, I don't know if it's been asked and answered already, but how heavy is the skirt?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cosmopolitan4
« Reply #266 on: August 09, 2008 05:34:27 AM »

ahhh!
this is the most beautiful thing Smiley
and you know what, you have to be stronger than those people because they really dont understand what hard work , concentration, long hours, it takes to go into a sewing project. That happened with me and my dress I just made, I spent so much time on it and I think it looks pretty darn professional Wink yet people didnt see the full picture, and only  I really know how much went into it, and you should be proud of your accomplishment Smiley
keeep up the good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You could turn off the sun, but i'm still gonna shine Smiley
outlawferret
« Reply #267 on: August 09, 2008 07:23:43 AM »

your skirt is amazing!  the amount of work and love that went into it...

you should feel proud of your accomplishmet!  it's awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sherant
« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2008 02:39:15 PM »

That. Is. AMAZING!!! Like, jaw-droppingly amazing!!  Shocked
The colors are fabulous and I can't even imagine all the hours of love and work that went into making it, you created a true masterpiece.

I'm just getting into American Tribal Style Bellydance, and the main skirts are made with similar construction -just not so many or so tiny of squares- to get beautiful loft and ruffle without bulk, and I have to say I think this skirt would be the centerpiece in a dance routine. GORGEOUS!!

I'd love to try making one myself, but I don't know that I have the patience (unfortunately). About how many yards do you think it took? Or how many yards is it around the bottom hem?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chrisugar
« Reply #269 on: August 09, 2008 06:34:37 PM »

I really love that skirt. Please don't worry about the things  people told you. If they can't se the beauty of your work that's there problem. Have you consider making more of those skirts for sale. i will love to buy one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 59 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: The Roaming Gnome
@Home This Weekend: Welcoming Door Decor
Trim the Tree: Crafty Ornaments for the Holiday Season

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...