A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow Patchwork Skirt  (Read 142983 times)
Tags for this thread: rainbow , craftster_best_of_2008 , patchwork  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aunt Jess
« Reply #190 on: July 28, 2008 08:19:26 AM »

This is a very Beautiful skirt and I love the rainbow. For loved ones to mock your accomplishments is horrible....at leastr mine keep their mouths shut if thye have nothing nice to say.

I think you did a wonderful job it's very pretty looks great on you and I think I will be making a shirt simular to this as my body on like yours doesn't do the full skirt thing well without adding major pounds.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
devotedabbler
« Reply #191 on: July 28, 2008 08:26:01 AM »

It is wonderful. Some people just don't understand why people sew or that a big part of the value is the process. They think the goal is to sew things that look store bought. If that was the goal there would be little reason to bother. You did a great job!!! I really like the shot with the flamenco pose!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May our efforts reflect our values.
May the variety in life bring us joy.
May we seek to inspire not compete.
May we have happy hearts.
Chiemi
« Reply #192 on: July 28, 2008 08:26:31 AM »

That is a lovely skirt!  Don't let whoever those bums were who were rude about your work get you down.  They probably don't an entire talented bone in their bodies, unlike you who is PURE talent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
_nerve_
« Reply #193 on: July 28, 2008 08:31:13 AM »

people ridiculed this!? that's bogus.
This skirt is amazing!!! And if they only knew how much work it took to make this (i'm sure) then they definitely wouldn't say anything about it. Not only the work and effort put into it but it's beautiful! Ignore them!
If you are proud of it and like it--then it was worth it, no question.
Plus the fact that I'm pretty much in awe of it completely. And I would definitely sport that if I had made it or someone made it for me.

Awesome job!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The Big Brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Ha-ha-ha-ha. Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!"
--Futurama
islandfly
« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2008 08:58:25 AM »

oh wow!! I love the colours you chose.. it really is like a rainbow!! I know how you must feel to work that long on something and then someone turns up their nose at it.... makes you feel discouraged... but keep on trucking... you did a great job!!

that skirt looks like something awesome I would love to swirl and skip and jump and dance in!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2008 09:44:21 AM »

it is GORGEOUS and worth every second you spent on it. you should be so proud!  i can't believe anyone would mock it . . .  whoever did just must not be as creative as you are!  i love how it spins, it must be so much fun to wear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadyCregga
keeper of the castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2008 09:59:04 AM »

This skirt is abslolutly stunning!!!
Any skoffers are just jealous that they don't get to own it themselves or they are just plain jealous that they don't have the talent to make it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW!! -- What a Ride! -- Anonymous
urnokey2myhart
Evolve

Cry, Love, Live Inbetween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2008 10:05:23 AM »

this is an unbelievable project. Its absolutely breath taking! Don't let anyone discourage you, most people don't appreciate the time and patience it takes to make such a work of art. This is really inspiring! so Be proud! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have the kind of beauty that    M  o  v  E  s . . .
TexasThistle
Innocent until PROVEN guilty

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2008 10:34:33 AM »

Oh...wow! I love this! I am gonna try and make one now....this is too cool. Those people who make fun of you are just jealous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps (feedback is untrue)
thegracklegirl
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2008 10:56:52 AM »

OMG this skirt ROCKS!! It's heavenly! I love it.

To be very very honest... it kind of blows my mind that anyone could give anything less than praise over this incredible wearable work of art. It is so beautifully crafted. Brilliant colors, arranged perfectly, professional looking construction, looks fabulous on your lovely friend.  I think the issue has nothing at all to do with your creation, the issue is on their side. Completely. I almost want to jump in and defend the heck out of you and give them a piece of my mind!

Really, you deserve to feel very happy with this fabulous skirt. I love it. I only wish I had your talent! I would show this off for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Perfect Potato and Aubergine Bhaji
How to Savour A Delicious Sushi
How to Cook Chicken with Ginger and Spring Onion
How to Cook Kung Pao
How to Cook Homemade Sashimi Using Crab and Sea Bream
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...