A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,120
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First attempt to infinity dress, and I loved it!!  (Read 9927 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mirchita

somewhere over the rainbow....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 25, 2008 02:53:08 PM »

well, I have been wanting to make a convertible dress for ages, there was coming my childrens birthday party, and I wanted to use my lovely new shoes... I have nothing to match with them, I know! catastrofe!!... so I jump into the deep world of my fabric stash and guess what! I found an amazing fabric just the same colour of my shoes  Grin so I cant let  pass the oportunity to try the infinity dress, even when the fabric wasnt enough , the long stripes came out not so long, and the skirt had to be cutted in four pieces, but anyway, I love it and definitley want to make it again (but red, and something silky)
well enough words, let's go to the pictures!

sexy shot Wink

I hate this one, I look like a pregnant (but trendy) woman  Cheesy but you have to see the skirt wide, and the other way I tied.

and least, check how my beloved shoes match perfectly with the fabric (sigh)

EDIT: oh my God! I forgot to put the tutorial link, sorry, it was inspired in the Rostitchery infinity dress here: http://rowena.typepad.com/rostitchery/infinity-dress.html 

but I had to change a bit, because my fabric wasnt enough to make a circular skirt... and I really prefer this pattern, because the circular skirt makes me feel bigger , so I changed the circular skirt to a four pieces semicircular skirt,  and also puted a tube in the chest to make it more wearable, but I have to say that when you put without the tube (I hide it down) the dress looks amazingly sexy, maybe I will upload some pictures like this when I can fix the uploading trouble

My cousin fall in love with the pattern so I had to make one for her, I cant upload pictures ot it already, but I will show you soon, it was for a wedding party, so it was more as a cocktail dress...

please, tell me what you think
sorry about my english, as usal  Wink
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008 05:02:43 PM by mirchita » THIS ROCKS   Logged
digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008 03:07:21 PM »

fantastic!  the dress turned out gorgeous, and that color is perfect on you.
btw - i have some serious shoe-envy! those ribbon wedges are adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
mitchell-b

currently knitting...

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008 03:13:24 PM »

I really love this dress! Did you use a pattern for it? It turned out so great! It looks sexy but as well comfy to me. Congrats - keep up the good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maczmom
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008 03:40:08 PM »

ooo wow this is beautiful. u have to do a tut. or something. please
THIS ROCKS   Logged
labibliotecaria
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008 03:46:51 PM »

This is lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VirgoAnna
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008 04:03:10 PM »

This dress looks so good on you!  I love the color.  Did you put a tube all the way around the bust?  I made one of these, but since I have a large bust, I can't really bring myself to wear it out of the house, I was thinking maybe a tube around the top would help.  Anyway, you did a really great job making this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Some things you lose, some things you give away"

-Sleater Kinney
bananabanana
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008 05:03:34 PM »

How cool are your shoes!!!

How much fabric did you use to make the dress?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

newyorkdoll
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008 05:16:48 PM »

This is stunning! The color is so beautiful, and it compliments your complexion wonderfully, and the dress fletters your figure so well. I bought fabric to make this dress, I need to get moving on it. This totally makes a case for hoarding fabric...sometimes a light bulb goes off and a gorgeous dress like this happens! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."
     Thomas Edison
mirchita

somewhere over the rainbow....

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008 05:29:01 PM »

digital misfit :

I love that color, thats why I fall in love with the shoes  Cheesy you can borrow the shoes whenever you need them, by the way...I live in Mexico  Grin

mitchell-b:
I am sorry, I forgot to put the tutorial link, but I have already edited it, you got to try it, is easy and so comfy

maczmom:

the awesome Rostitchery already made it, thanks God for our creative craftsters!

labibliotecaria:

thanks  Grin

VirgoAnna:
thank you! you must try the tube top, it results so practical, and it can be hided too! and girls how hasnt very large bust can wear it without a bra because the tube gives control Wink

BananaBanana:
I know, could you believe it if I told you that they are Nine West, and I thrifted them, they were new!! and they cost about three bucks??? how cant I love them!!??

oh yes, it was about 3 meters more or less, 1.5 meters wide, but I have it in two pieces of 1.5 mts each, and guess what! I bought that fabric in clearance and was less than a dollar for each meter... so, the entire outfit costs about 6 dollars!!  Grin oh! I love my cheapy life  Grin

newyorkdoll:

thankyou very much! go get it! you are going to love it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RachelKristin
rude crude & tattooed

Vulgarity is my specialty

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008 07:33:23 PM »

that color is BEAUTIFUL! you did an awesome job on the dress! and those shoes are straight hott  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Tumblr page
http://rachelkristin.tumblr.com/

Check out my Etsy store to purchase some of my work!
http://rachelmckay.etsy.com

Do you Twitter? Follow me!
http://twitter.com/JigsawYouth

My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rachelmckay/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dress Made From Wine
Summer Fashion Tips for Showing Off Your Legs
Style Rat at Governors Island: Retro Twenties Fashion
How to Give Your Collared Top a Gypset Style Twist
3 New Ways to Wear the Peplum Trend Right Now
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...