A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,798
Currently Running With Scissors:
724 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Birmingham / Midland Crafters  (Read 2180 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mojothemonkey1985
« on: July 25, 2008 05:48:35 AM »

Thought I'd make a bit of an appeal for other crafters based in the midlands area.  I'm currently signed off work sick, so the net has become my haven for all things craft.

I've set up a group on facebook 'Birminghamm Craft Mafia' and also a myspace;

www.myspace.com/birminghamcraftmafia

It'd be great to hear from some like minded people near to or in my hometown.  I've also got an email address brum-craft-mafia@hotmail.co.uk

I think it'd be nice to have a bit of an online community where we can swap hints and tips photos etc.  I know Glasgow has a craft mafia, I think it's be quite cool if we got one going in the midlands.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit rushed and delirious I think the heat has got to my head.  Hope to hear from someone soon Cheesy

Taz
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008 05:52:08 AM by mojothemonkey1985 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

petrova
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008 11:40:24 AM »

ive just added the myspace page and joined the facebook group:)  i live in cov....is that ok??Smiley
this sounds like a great idea!!:)

Thought I'd make a bit of an appeal for other crafters based in the midlands area.  I'm currently signed off work sick, so the net has become my haven for all things craft.

I've set up a group on facebook 'Birminghamm Craft Mafia' and also a myspace;

www.myspace.com/birminghamcraftmafia

It'd be great to hear from some like minded people near to or in my hometown.  I've also got an email address brum-craft-mafia@hotmail.co.uk

I think it'd be nice to have a bit of an online community where we can swap hints and tips photos etc.  I know Glasgow has a craft mafia, I think it's be quite cool if we got one going in the midlands.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit rushed and delirious I think the heat has got to my head.  Hope to hear from someone soon Cheesy

Taz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mojothemonkey1985
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008 10:41:17 AM »

Hi Petrova, thats great if you live in coventry, I was there today it seems like quite a nice place, I was gutted at how pricey hobbycraft is though.

Will you be coming to the meeting tomorrow?  Do you have any ideas of stuff you'd want from the craft mafia?

Taz xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosiegarden
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008 03:28:22 PM »

I added it! I live in Shrewsbury so I'm only an hour away on the train Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I wonder what Piglet is doing," thought Pooh,
"I wish I were there to be doing it, too."

Wists

My bookshop - Opening sale, 10% off!
petrova
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008 04:33:24 AM »

Hi Petrova, thats great if you live in coventry, I was there today it seems like quite a nice place, I was gutted at how pricey hobbycraft is though.

Will you be coming to the meeting tomorrow?  Do you have any ideas of stuff you'd want from the craft mafia?

Taz xx

hey  sorry i didnt reply to this,   ive been going through a bit of a pad patch at the moment.  yeah hobbycraft is great but expensive!!   did you like coventry??   Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mojothemonkey1985
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008 05:20:44 AM »

I did really like Coventry, the city layout was really random though, bits are waiting to be developed and others so overdeveloped.  It kinda appealed to me the eccentricity of it all lol. 

I think I'm definitely going to have to pay a visit there again at some point.

xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mojothemonkey1985
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008 12:32:21 AM »

Hello Hello,

Our new Birmingham Crafters site can be found herewww.myspace.com/birminghamcrafters so please feel free to add etc, I'm hoping to get a zine or a group crafty blog on the go, and I'd love some additional input. 

If myspace isn't your thing drop me a line at the original email address or the new one birmingham-crafters@hotmail.com

Hopefully See you there.

Tara Cheesy xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

W.A.V.E
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009 02:37:20 AM »

Hello! There's crafty happenings in Worcester (only 40 mins from Birmingham!). A group of us set up WAVE - Worcester Arts & Vintage Events and we put on Vintage & Craft Fairs - the next one is on Saturday 3rd October (the one after that is the 12th December) which is now attracting stall holders from a far away as London, and we also run a Rebel Knitting Club every other Tuesdays at The Firefly pub in Worcester for knitters, crocheters and miscellaneous crafters! All are welcome.

Our webpage is www.worcestervintag e.blogspot.com and we also have Myspace & Facebook groups linked from the blog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Jo from WAVE - Worcester Arts & Vintage Events - a group of independent, vintage retailers, crafters and arts organisers.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Valentine’s Day Cards With Kids
Edible Hanukkah Crafts Project for Kids
How to Decorate Your Locker
How to Make Your Backpack Look Cool
How to Make Papier-Mache
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...