A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: T shirt re-vamp turned vet visit  (Read 4200 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ihateranch
« on: July 24, 2008 10:37:51 AM »

I was planning on sewing yesterday after filling out some job applications, I just got a new sewing machien from my fiance. I brought a box of my sewing things over and at the bottom of the box was my pin cushion. I left the door to the room the box was located in wide open, and my fiance's loveable dalmatian Buddy

snuck into the room, dug through my box, found the pin cushion, and decided that needles must be tasty and pulled a whole bunch of them out and scattered them about the floor. I discovered this after I left the computer room after printing out some resumes. and I got all freaked out, called the vet and fiance and started driving him to the vet clinic, got lost (my first day of being a lisenced driver was certainly stressful), then called my gal pal Julia who directed me to a nearby emergency vet clinic. I finally got the news after x-rays, 5 pins in his spotted belly! so then i met up with my fiance and his parents and we drove him to a 24 hour vet clinic where he went under for 2 surgeries, 1 was a non invasive type where they use the scope to pull out the needle, but they only got 2 so they had to have another surgery to remove the other 3. So just a word of warning to all the pet owners on here, watch your critters around your crafting supplies and keep your pin cushions out of reach. I got a call from the vet early this morning and Buddy is doing well. So soon we'll have our little bundle of spots back again, i just feel so awful for not being more cautious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexie123
Rockin it crafters style

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008 10:46:31 AM »

Oh you poor thing!!!! Im glad he is doing well!!!! I will keep your speckled friend in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theEEKinGEEK
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008 11:40:06 AM »

Dogs are nuts! I am glad he is ok! My boyfriend dog eats change. One time she was sitting in a corner giving us the "I did something wrong look" and when we picked her up she opened her mouth and like 10 pennies fell out. lol I don't know what makes them think that pins and such are edible, they don't even taste good Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RachelKristin
rude crude & tattooed

Vulgarity is my specialty

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008 11:55:44 AM »

awww! i'm so sorry to hear about that Embarrassed but i'm so glad he's ok! he is absolutely adorable, by the way Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Tumblr page
http://rachelkristin.tumblr.com/

Check out my Etsy store to purchase some of my work!
http://rachelmckay.etsy.com

Do you Twitter? Follow me!
http://twitter.com/JigsawYouth

My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rachelmckay/
MissVan722
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008 12:11:26 PM »

ahh he is so adorable,
and that is such a scary thing to happen,
i would have freaked out.
im glad hes ok.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Wonder Why So Many Can Be In Pain, When Others Don't Seem To Feel A Thing.
bigyellowtaxi
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008 12:51:36 PM »

Ohmigosh, how scary!   Shocked

Give yourself a big pat on the back for acting so quicky.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spekah
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008 11:10:19 PM »

Holy cow- i thought my dog was the only crazy one!  my furgirl tried to eat my pins too!  Luckily, I caught her in the act of pulling them from the cushion (actually kinda funny to watch her try to do).  I store them in a drawer now so she cant get to them. BTW Buddy is the sweetest looking puppy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"who knows where thoughts come from... they just appear"
-lucas "empire records"
phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008 10:01:40 AM »

OMG, what a stressful day for you!  Thanks for posting the story ... none of us think about those things until some accident actually happens.  Now, everytime I set my stuff out I will see Buddy's face and remember to keep them out of reach!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
youngka318

Fairy Tale Princess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008 05:45:07 PM »

My Pom can't stand to be away from me for a second so he sleeps at my feet whenever I craft on his giant duck plush.  There have been several times when I hear him mouthing something to discover his mouth full of pins or choking-sized beads.  Hopefully he never actually swallows anything.  I'm glad your boy is alright ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I had a star for every time you brightened my day, I'd be holding a galaxy in my hands." - Unknown
GatbysRevolver

I love you now. Isn't that enough?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008 03:49:22 PM »

Glad he's okay. I must admit that his adorable picture made me giggle a lil. He has this "Gosh that was fun getting everyone all worked up and creating a large vet bill." look on his face. I know it well. All of my/family pets have gotten into everything from paint supplies (apparently oil paint is delicious) to tomato leaves (which our wiemeraner *sp* helped us to discover are poisonous) I always try to remember that a dogs sense of smell is extremely keen and their sense of taste is quite the opposite Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Identify the Parts of a Sewing Machine
How to Sew a Throw Pillow
How to Replace Sewing Machine Needles
How to Understand Basic Sewing Terms
How to Make Paper from Plant Fibers
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...