A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Gorgeous Choker Swap Gallery  (Read 10368 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cayca
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2008 10:56:59 AM »

Wow. I have missed a lot these past few days.

Grannystylee's choker for nasty_wench looks very natural and I love the beads she used.

Claraohara must be very lucky. The lacy choker that reminds me of garter looks so beautiful. The other two are pretty, but this one is my favourite. Part from the edible one  Grin
And the goodies she sent to coco-mac look very edible too. That felt (i guess it's made of felt) choker seems very warm.

What? Anya Kase made four chokers? Girl, you really deserve an award. Lovely work. Pink isn't my colour, but the second one looks so nice I would wear it.

Frosty, you sure are one lucky girl. Very lacy, very nice. And with beads too. I'm jealous of Hoxierice - I wish I knew how to crochet.

I Sew Cute, truly one of a kind chokers (not that others aren't). I love how the strands intersect each other. Or is it just in photo?

When I saw that lacy-beady choker I thought of an eclectic dandy. Modern Marlene Dietrich or something like that. And where is Not Quite Scooter Trash to see how we like her work?

Ladies, if you haven't started to sell your handmade stuff, you really should.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 11:31:27 PM by Cayca » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not Quite Scooter Trash
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2008 01:09:40 PM »

Chiming In!

sorry ive been so MIA ladies...i got back on the 25th and have worked every day since...i was supposed to only have 13 days in a row...but im going on 17...and i have tomorrow also...but then i have two days off, and my last day at this hellish job...thank stars.

im so glad you like it talyra! i started about three different chokers and half made them before i got it just right...and now im thinking ill have to make about 6 more for all of my friends who saw it and wanted yours!

im about to go take pictures...i was hoping to be able to do an action shot...but i look like pure hell and am to the point of not even letting my boyfriend see me until my day off--yes, its bad to the point of wearing makeup for the first time in six months.

i love my choker...its perfection talyra. there are no words to describe it.

CAYCA---i was trying to go for a vintage feel with a modern twist... talyra and i are both metal type girls, so it was just too perfect to not use metal tones.

((updates with pictures asap.))

OKAY! i have a picture...it does it no justice at all...but it does at least show its detail. i especially love the chainmaille and the teardrop...and am just amazed by the fact that the thing in the medal is a camera lense...how cool!?

PICTURE! modeled by my lovely patent leather bar stool.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 01:23:35 PM by Not Quite Scooter Trash » THIS ROCKS   Logged
maehem

.glitz and glamour.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2008 02:38:17 PM »

camera lens?? what? thats so tiny! but how amazinnggg!!! my friend just graduated with her bachelors in photography... she would LOVE something like that! You hhhaavveee to get a close picture of that one! ...please!

scooter, the choker you made is beautiful! i agree with everyone on the whole eclectic feel, i love it!

and YAYYYYY, it says fleur got her choker! i know she lives on the other side of the country from me, so i'll have to be patient to see if she likes it! eeeeeeeeeeep!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 alyssamae
talyra
likes shiny things

Aboard yer ship, gnawin' yer timbers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2008 03:20:37 PM »

The little camera lens was from a 35mm point and shoot I dismantled - there are masses of the things going cheap in the charity shops now cos everyone is going digital and the nicer ones have all sorts of interesting parts inside. I totally forgot to take a photo before I sent, so I can't help out, sorry guys!

Cayca - "Eclectic dandy" - I like that description. Kind of works for how I dress when I can be bothered to make an effort, LOL. Didn't I say Scooter nailed my taste? Cheesy

Scooter - REALLY glad you like yours. I was a bit concerned it wasn't going to be industrial enough, that it was still too "girlie" with the drapey chains. I can't seem to make anything without drapes or dangles of some description Roll Eyes Also, I just left a not so fun job so I know how you're feeling, more or less. Least you can count off the days now. *hugs*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Not Quite Scooter Trash
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2008 06:35:19 PM »

ive got the camera on the charger...so i'll be able to use it again tomorrow. ive got to run an errand after work, and then once im home i should be able to toy around with some closeup shots...plus its supposed to be a beautiful day tomorrow, and i can go outside and have natural light, which will help with the photos too.

the chains give it a more feminine without being actually girly feel in my opinion, which i love. im one of those that i go for a nice balance of non-masculine but still tough without being butch...if that makes any sense...i want people to know im a girl...just one who could kick your ass.

i guess the best way to describe it would be to take an example from the eighteen hundreds---history buff moment---during the american civil war, girls who wanted to fight posed as men and went to fight...however most of their commrades knew that they were really women posing as men. im a woman, and love being feminine and all that...i just like doing the "boy" stuff that i grew up with from my brothers--like mosh pits and extreame inline skating---more than the "girly" stuff my parents want of me now--like the prom and cooking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2008 07:26:15 AM »

I sew cute, what kind of clasp did you use for the top one?

Sorry I've been out of town & missed a lot here!

I used a toggle clasp...it's square!  Wink
I hope Anya Kase can find her camera...I'd love to see them in action!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
Clarity
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2008 05:34:47 AM »

Scooter, very original and individual choker, I like the combination of pendants you used as well.

Talyra, it would be great to get an action shot of that draping chain choker, what a cool idea to use a camera lens too. I'm glad that two girls who appreciate metalwork came up with such different approaches, congrats.

On another note I will be doing a marathon feedback tonight, God willing and I must say, everyone deserves a glowing positive so far, well done girls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fleur_delicious
grad student by day, painter/stitcher by night.

i like contrast

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2008 03:23:14 PM »

sorry for the huge photo, ladies - I keep resizing the thing and photobucket seems to think this gorgeous choker needs to be shown off in a BIG way.

Isn't it lovely? Okay, okay, it's the one necklace playing with the choker clique, but as I don't wear actual chokers that much, maehem kindly thought of that and made mine longer. I really love it, thank you! It's an antique key, with wood and glass beads strung on twine - so earthy and pretty, it's just perfect for fall! =)

I didn't get pics of all the sweet little extras that she sent, but the felt ornament (shaped like a pretty chandelier!) is hanging from a lantern in my bedroom. The bf hasn't noticed yet Wink I think we'll have to wait until spring to start the tomatoes, because fall frosts hit hard here (and in as little as another 4-6 weeks, we might have our first one), but I know just the little person that might enjoy doing this with me!

thanks, maehem - it was such a sweet package, and a lovely choker!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all of this, calm and reasonable as it was, made out of ordinary things as it was, was the truth now; beauty, that was the truth now. Beauty was everywhere. - Virginia Woolf

follow my adventures in making here:
http://www.pacificrain.blogspot.com
Tiny_viking
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2008 03:47:05 PM »

fleur_delicious your key choker is freekin awsome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Clarity
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2008 08:16:47 PM »

I adore that choker it is so rustic and complete, not normally a key wearer, but it looks so good on!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Creative Wedding Seating Plan
How to Make Your Own One-of-a-Kind Stuffed Animal
How to Make Balloon Pumpkins
How to Make Tie-Dyed Leggings
How to Make Hand-Dyed Beaded Necklaces
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...