A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Gorgeous Choker Swap Gallery  (Read 11132 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Altair

Tree-hugging Dirt-Worshipper

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2008 09:09:15 PM »

Nutella, I'm so glad you like it!  I hope it fits okay...I was worried about making it too tight. 

The beadwork is a type of netting, so I made all the little circles and then sewed them together (I hope they stay together...).  The strap is loomed. 

Again, so glad you like it.  *dances*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hello, little light in the sky.  Please don't probe me."
My Wists

Open to personal swaps...PM me!
coldbrains4
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2008 09:59:02 PM »

ok, so i received yesterday, and was so excited, i actually waited until after i showered to open my package so i could put it on and be all clean! i actually got 2 gorgeous chokers from Anya Kase: first a goth inspired one:

it's beaded, and then chained together

i LOVE the button ("Buttons" was what a very dear friend/mentor used to call me) and the clasp is simply an elastic loop that hooks around the button. GENIUS! and so simple to put on...

next is a gold and red beaded one that will match my pirate outfit (for pirate faire Smiley) PERFECTLY. and gold and red are probably my tow best colors. my boyfriend complemented me on it, said it brought out my eyes (*swoons*) lol.

detail of the clasp

detail of brilliant beadwork

ACTION SHOT. please ignore drugged out look. Smiley

thank you so so SO much. i am working on yours. thank you for being patient!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap maybe yes please? PM me! i like making new friends. Smiley
Clarity
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2008 03:49:04 AM »

I awoke from my cold to see all these beautiful chokers and am awestruck by how talented you all are. I just hope my partner receives hers in Serbia soon. But how can I even begin to match the following:

Frosty772, the red and black is a very pretty combination, Cayca and I both adore those colours and I think it works very well in this choker. The bag is gorgeous too and looks fit to be sold in a world class boutique.

Nasty-w's choker is one I've seen before (secret preview, thanks!) and it is still breathtakingly pretty and feminine. I adore the greens.

Altair, gorgeous beading and colours, very original structure too, I will try and repost the link so that it can have it's place in the gallery with a full pic. Nutella, you lucky girl Smiley

Anya kase, I am astounded, not 1 but 2 chokers that are so different and chic in their own way. Very, very pretty chain beading on the first one too.

Everyone has been original and inspirational. I am loving this gallery.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2008 05:52:32 AM »

The chokers are all absolutely amazing.  I intentionally did not join this swap because I knew anything I could do would way pale in comparison to other people skills.  I am so right, but I am having so much fun seeing what everyone has done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cayca
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2008 06:55:06 AM »

Wow, guys. First I wanted to say how lovely that green choker is. Lovely work, Nasty_wench. How does it close? I can't see what kind of clasp you put.
The necklace Altair made is very interesting. It does look like crochet or knit but the colours are what attracted my attention since I love red and ther are so many shades of red in it.
I didn't want to have a favourite here but one necklace made me jealous. Jealous of Anya Kase who made it and of coldbrains4 who owns it. That beaded chain is so beautiful. I hope I won't be misunderstood - the gold one is very pretty and I know how much time and patience it takes to make one but when I saw the silvery-black one my tongue fell out of my mouth and thank goth I had the keyboard in front of me or it would end up on the floor (very dusty, yuck  Grin).

frosty772, I've never made beadwoven piece on Tiger tail or any similar beading wire. The choker you made seems to me firm but not stiff, but I don't know - hoxierice does  Smiley

When I saw all these beautiful projects I got so many ideas of what to do next I don't know where to start so I started with buying loads of beads Smiley

Wonderful works, ladies. We sure all have a lot to be proud of.

Clarity, I can't wait for the postman to come with the choker from you and.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

talyra
likes shiny things

Aboard yer ship, gnawin' yer timbers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2008 07:22:49 AM »

Right, that does it, I'm learning to beadweave if it kills me. All of it is so beautiful - you people must have so much patience!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nasty_wench
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2008 08:43:21 AM »

Hey Cayca, the choker closes with a hoop and toggle.

Well I just picked up my package from grannystylee and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!

A sweet card made by her buddy & a cute felt clothespin made by grannystylee.

Yummy laminated vegan recipes from grannystylee's personal stash (we're both vegan), one of her handmade fabric bird broach and a neat felt cupcake pouch.

And the piece de resistance... the beaded crocheted choker! Made in colours that I love! This will match like 90% of my dress up clothes.

Thank you so much!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shoppe: Blissed Out! by sharon-lizette designs.
http://www.sharonlizette.etsy.com

My craft, travel and vegan delites blog. Stop by and say hi!
http://nastywench.blogspot.com
Clarity
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2008 12:59:43 PM »

Now MY mouth dropped open, that choker is so beautiful and so different to any I've seen before. I really like the natural and organic feel to it and the colour combinations are gorgeous. What adorable extras too, I think that the vegan gifts you both gave eachother are thoughtful and sweet as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

claraohara
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2008 04:23:16 PM »

Wow those chokers certainly are beautiful! Grin
I picked up my brother from the airport yesterday and as we arrived home I noticed the letterbox stuffed with a package. Yes, I squeeled!
I ran inside and ripped it open and here are the glorious goodies that coco-mac sent me:

I am so in love!
Of course the boys made some naughty comments about the lacy one but they are just jealous cause hey never get nice mail.  Tongue
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH COCO-MAC!!!
Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog full of food, fun, photography and every craft I attempt:
Blogginess
Smiley
susanab
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2008 04:36:53 PM »

i just stopped by to take a peek and WOWOWOWOW!! you gals on this swap are somethin' else. BRAVA! Gorgeous, creative, fantastic chokers. I HEART each and every one so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
2 Kickass Ways to Wear Divergent Liner
Meet Our New Korean Beauty Correspondent
How to Change Up Your Concealer and Still Look Good
How to Layer Your Shadows for a Truly Eye-Catching Look
Mascara Moves That Will Make Your Lashes Pop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...