A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wanna be MY new craftster bud? :)  (Read 878 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Hey Rae
« on: July 22, 2008 04:11:40 PM »

I already posted this in the "wanna make some new craftster friends" post, but it was kind of buried on the 2nd page...so, since we don't have a very fast moving TN board, I figured I'd start a new thread!   Smiley

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, I'm a new craftster in the Boro, too!  I'm sorry to see that no one showed up at B.A.M., but I'm really looking for a like-minded crafter or two..more so than a group.  I tend to work better in a one-on-one situation. 

Some things about me...

-i started out painting...mostly acrylics, but find it hard to have several hours to work on projects anymore
-i'm into knitting, but I can't handle knitting during the summer months
-my newest crafty excursion is into the world of sewing!  I've been starting a few tote bags and just finished my 1st apron, and I've been working on my fabric stash quite a bit
-i've made about a million earrings, bracelets, necklaces, etc.
-i would like to start looking at doing some craft shows...possibly with a partner to share a booth and the cost
-i have 2 children, and boy (2) and girl (6) but i stay at home, so i have quite a bit of free time during the day, nights are pretty open if i can convince my husband to watch the kids , and i usually have some free time on the weekends.  once the school year starts again, it will just be my son and me during the day, so i'm hoping to get a lot of work done during nap times
-i have an overabundance of crafting materials (fabric, yarn, beads, etc) and would love to do some trading
-i'm not a very girly girl, and i don't get along with a lot of the moms that i meet through the local mom groups...the ones that are always looking for an excuse to escape from the kids, have a girls night out a drink themselves stupid.  don't get me wrong, i love to have a glass of wine (or 2 or 3...), but i don't feel the need to party anymore.  guess i'm getting old (i'll be 30 *gasp* this year)

does it sound to you like we might be good crafting buds?  i really wish any of my current friends had any interest whatsoever in crafts, but alas, i am alone in my passion.  PM me! 

Rae
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Interview With Veteran Comic Book Artist Herb Trimpe
Interview With Comic Book Illustrator Dale Eagelsham
How to Draw Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean
How to Draw the Joker from Batman
How to Draw Oswald Rabbit
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...