A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shiny New Craftroom in Red and Turquoise!!! (Image Heavy)  (Read 107254 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008 , craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Crafty Intentions
« on: July 22, 2008 12:41:32 PM »

This project began May 12th, 2008 and the most recent photos were taken in Late June.  My husband and I did it all ourselves.  If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.  This is my first post to Craftster!!! Newbie in the house!

HERE IS A MUCH NEEDED BEFORE PICTURE:

These two pics are of the very beginning of the project.  It was a blue room with a floral border.  Upon taking down the wall paper we found out that the ENTIRE room (including the ceiling) had originally been pepto bismol pink!

These next two pics are post-painting.  We painted everything except the trim and then we ripped up the carpet in order to lay down laminate flooring.

This photo is after we put down sub-flooring so that the laminate flooring would be even.

This photo is after we laid the laminate flooring. It came out looking even better than I'd hoped. Also, in the photo, you can see that we have a lot more remodeling than just this room going on.

This set of photos is the preliminary "finished" set.  We installed most of the shelving. We assembled the desk. We moved a good number of my crafts into the  space.

Then it took about 3 weeks to get all of my crafting supplies into the room, and have them organized into their respective places.  We picked up 3 more book shelves and put up 2 more cabinets.  I made all the curtains myself.  The art on the walls are a collection of prints from various (and talented) Etsy artists.

For more information, please visit my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25744436@N02/sets/72157606317818345/

That's it!!

UPDATE (7-22-08):  Wow!!! Everybody is so so pretty for commenting!!  Y'all have made my day!  I'm incredibly flattered.  Thank you!

UPDATE (7-23-08): I feel completely overwhelmed with the response to this post!!! I have (and will continue to) read all of the comments and have loved every single one!!!  I would invite you all over for coffee, mario kart, and crafty goodness if I could!!

In response to one comment requesting a recent 'in action' photo, and asking whether or not I am this neat all the time:

I happen to be schizophrenic when it comes to neatness.  My bedroom is a disaster area, my craft room a haven.  My studio DOES have it's moments of crisis, but all in all it needs to be organized and neat for me to be able to craft without feeling guilty for ignoring the mess.

HERE is a photo that my husband took of me one week ago.  While trying to get a good "Crafter's Portrait".... We had a black out!!! So we lit some candles and I got out a bag of goodies I'd just bought from a treasure of a place called "PA Fabric Warehouse".  I wound up the trim until the lights came back on.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008 05:07:59 AM by Crafty Intentions » THIS ROCKS   Logged

itsnubs
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008 12:44:33 PM »

i love the colors of the room! it looks absolutely amazing, and all your craft stuff looks great in there. its a wonderful transformation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live the life you love. <3
dragonmama
MILF-y Crafter

Retired Swapper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008 12:47:00 PM »

Those colors are really excellent, kind of invigorating!

I'm bookmarking this as inspiration for my own craft room when I'm able to do it.

Thank you for the craft room p0rn lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sandandsilk.wordpress.com

wists.com/dragoneyezed
lexie123
Rockin it crafters style

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008 12:52:15 PM »

omg i am just speechless. and completly green with envy!!!! I may have to get some paint
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zenthistle
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008 12:54:27 PM »

I love it.. when can I move in... this craft room is sooo pretty and organized.. I love you million jar wall.. your curtains...   (this rocks)  you clippy hangers.. your buckets.. your rainbow crafts galore.. I want a play date!

anyways.. looks good enough to be in a craft room all your friends will envy book...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkDaisy
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008 12:54:58 PM »

Shocked FANTASTIC! The colors are amazing and everything is so well organized!

I would kill to have a craft room like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Jewelry/Plus Size Clothing Etsy:  http://etsy.com/shop/alibuttonsdesigns

My fatshion blog: http://alibuttons.blogspot.com/
acidtrix
hell yeah

To the Bat Tank!

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008 12:56:40 PM »

can i have this for christmas, please? it's... beautiful...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out at www.acidtrix.com
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008 01:03:54 PM »

Ohhhhh My Gosh!!! What an incredible craft room!!!  I'm so jealous.  It's just incredible.  What a fantastic crafting space.  Gosh!!! You even have a fireplace.  It's more than great and those shelves with all of those bottles--jars.
Enjoy it in good health and lots of craftiness.  WoW
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftycomrade
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008 01:05:54 PM »

That is the coolest and most awesome craft room I have ever seen. I am so jealous!!! I am going to use your room as inspiration for my craft space. Lovely lovely lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aquilla da Hun

Mommys Little Monsters

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008 01:07:21 PM »

can i live there!? Grin i promise i wont take up much space!

it is absolutely amazing! like most of us will say. I WANT A CRAFT ROOM LIKE THAT!!!!

please....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past.  ~Jack London

Our bodies are our gardens, -to which our wills are gardeners!   ~William Shakespeare
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to do a Graduated Bob with Shattered Layer - Part 1
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 2
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 1
How to Curl Hair with A Flat Iron
How to change an Old Hairstyle for a New Look
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...